Smartphones are now an important part of our daily lives. Because there are so many apps, it’s easy for our iPhone home screens to get messy and crowded. Apple makes it easy to fix this problem by letting you make groups. This guide will show you how to create a folder on iPhone so that your apps are always in order.
Why Should You Create Folders on Your iPhone?
Before we get into the process of creating folders, let’s understand why it’s important to organize your apps. Here are a few reasons why you should consider creating folders on your iPhone:
- Easy App Access: By grouping similar apps together in folders, you can quickly locate and access the apps you need without wasting time searching through numerous home screens.
- Less stuff around: Folders help declutter your home screen, making it visually appealing and easier to navigate. You’ll have a cleaner and more organized interface.
- Improved Productivity: With organized apps, you can streamline your workflow and increase your productivity. By having your most-used apps at your fingertips, you can save time and complete tasks more efficiently.
How to Create a Folder on iPhone
Now that you understand the benefits of creating folders on your iPhone, let’s get started with the process.
- Access Your Home Screen
To begin creating folders on your iPhone, you’ll need to access your home screen. Simply press the home button or swipe up from the bottom of the screen to unlock your device and reach the home screen.
- Tap and Hold an App
Next, locate the app that you want to add to a folder. To make the app icon wiggle, tap and hold it. This indicates that you’re in editing mode and can now move the app.
- Drag the App onto Another App
While still in editing mode, drag the app icon onto another app that you want to include in the same folder. As you do this, a folder will automatically be created, and the two apps will be placed inside it.
- Name Your Folder
Once the apps are inside the folder, you can customize the folder’s name. After tapping the folder, tap the name field located at the top. Use the on-screen keyboard to enter a name that represents the category or theme of the apps inside the folder.
- Add More Apps to the Folder
To add more apps to the folder, simply tap and hold an app icon and drag it onto the folder. You can continue adding apps until the folder is full or until you’ve added all the desired apps.
- Create Multiple Folders
You’re not limited to just one folder on your home screen. You can create multiple folders to further organize your apps. Simply repeat steps 2 to 6 for each set of apps you want to group together.
- Customize Your Folder’s Appearance
In addition to naming your folders, you can also customize their appearance. To do this, tap and hold the folder icon, then select “Edit Home Screen” from the pop-up menu. From here, you can change the folder’s color and even choose a custom icon to represent the folder.
- Create Folders in the Files App
In addition to organizing your apps, you can also create folders in the Files app on your iPhone. This allows you to organize and manage your files more efficiently. To create a folder in the Files app, follow these steps:
- Open the Files app on your iPhone’s home screen.
- Navigate to the location where you want to create the folder, such as “On My iPhone” or “iCloud Drive.
- Tap the three-dot ellipsis icon in the top-right corner of the screen.
- If a choice appears, choose “New Folder.”
- Please use the on-screen keyboard to provide a name for the folder.
- Tap outside the folder to return to the main Files screen.
How to Delete App Folders on iPhone
If you no longer need a folder or want to reorganize your apps, you can easily delete a folder from your home screen. To delete an app folder, follow these steps:
- Tap and hold the folder icon until it starts to wiggle.
- A pop-up menu will appear. Tap “Delete Folder.”
- You can confirm the deletion by tapping on “Delete from Home Screen.”
More Tips On How to Organize Apps on Your iPhone
To further enhance your app organization, here are a few additional tips:
- Use Descriptive Folder Names: Instead of generic names like “Games” or “Productivity,” consider using more specific names that reflect the apps inside the folder. For example, you could name a folder “Social Media” or “Photo Editing.”
- Create Subfolders: If you have a large number of apps within a particular category, consider creating subfolders. This allows for even more granular organization. Simply drag and drop one folder onto another to create a subfolder.
- Arrange Folders by Frequency of Use: Place your most frequently used folders on the first home screen for easy access. Rearrange the folders based on your usage patterns to optimize efficiency.
On an iPhone, is it possible to put a folder inside another folder?
On your iPhone, you can put one group inside another. You can repeat the steps above and drop one folder into the other once you’ve made both of them. Do not forget that files work like apps. Those apps won’t get merged into one folder; instead, there will be one folder inside another.
In the end
From what you’ve learned, making folders on an iPhone is simple, but only if you take the time to sort your apps into groups and set up your iPhone routine. The most common way to use the iPhone is to tap-and-hold and drag-and-drop together. This is also how you create a new folder. The above tips will help you get the most out of your phone and be ready for anything that comes your way.