Are you tired of using the same Google Voice number for years and want to switch it up? Or maybe you just got a new phone number and need to update your Google Voice account. Whatever your reason may be, changing your Google Voice number is easier than you think! In this step-by-step guide, we’ll walk you through the process so that you can update your contact information hassle-free. So grab a cup of coffee and let’s dive into how to change Google Voice number in just a few simple steps!
Is it possible to change my Google voice number?
If you’re not happy with the phone number you have for Google Voice, you can change it. However, there are a few things you need to keep in mind before doing so. First, you can only change your number once every 90 days. Second, if you change your number, anyone who has your old number will no longer be able to reach you through Google Voice. And finally, changing your Google Voice number will also change the number associated with any Google Accounts you may have.
That said, if you’re still interested in changing your Google Voice number, the process is relatively simple.
How to change Google voice number?
If you’re looking to change your Google Voice number, you’ve come to the right place. In this article, we’ll walk you through how to change google voice number and the process of changing your Google Voice number step by step.
- First, open the Google Voice app on your iPhone or Android device. Tap on the menu icon in the top left corner of the screen (three horizontal lines), and then tap on “Settings.”
- Next, tap on “Voice settings,” and then scroll down to the “Phone number” section. Here, you’ll see your current Google Voice number listed. To change this number, tap on the “Change” button.
- Now, enter your new Google Voice number in the “New number” field. Once you’re done, tap on “Save.” That’s it! You’ve successfully changed your Google Voice number.
Also Read : “Google Voice Number” to Learn How to Find a Voice Number Owner
How to port your cell phone to a Google Voice account?
Assuming you already have a Google Voice account and number, porting your cell phone number to Google Voice is a fairly straightforward process.
- First, sign in to your Google Voice account and click the settings cog in the top-right corner.
- Next, select “Voice Settings” from the drop-down menu. Then, scroll down to the “Phones” section and click on the “Add another phone” link.
- A pop-up window will appear; select your carrier from the drop-down list and enter your phone number.
- Finally, click “Continue” and follow the prompts to verify your number.
That’s it! Once your number has been successfully ported over, you’ll be able to use Google Voice as your primary number moving forward.
Can you have 2 Google Voice numbers?
It is possible to have two Google Voice numbers, but it is necessary to use different email addresses when signing up for each number. You can either use different Gmail accounts, or you can use non-Gmail addresses (such as Yahoo Mail) when signing up for your second Google Voice number.
How to transfer google voice number to another email?
1. If you want to change the email associated with your Google Voice number, go to voice.google.com and sign in.
2. Click on the three dots next to your current Google Voice number and select “Settings” from the drop-down menu.
3. In the “Account settings” section, click on the “Change/port” link next to your email address.
4. Enter the new email address that you want to use for your Google Voice number and click on the “Send code” button.
5. A verification code will be sent to your new email address. Enter this code in the appropriate field and click on the “Verify” button.
6. That’s it! Your Google Voice number will now be associated with your new email address