Are you a streamer or someone who wants to start making video and looking for a new place to show it off? Kick.com is the only place you need to go. This guide will tell you everything you need to know on how to stream on Kick and give you useful tips and tricks to help you do well on this cool new platform.
Why Choose Kick over Other Platforms?
Before we go over how to stream on Kick step by step, let’s talk about why this site might be right for you. Kick.com has a number of benefits over its rivals, such as:
- Creator-Friendly Environment: Kick.com is committed to empowering content creators and providing them with a supportive community.
- Laxer Moderation: Unlike other platforms, Kick.com has more relaxed moderation policies, giving creators more freedom to express themselves.
- Higher Revenue Splits: Kick.com offers an impressive 95% of subscription revenue to streamers, compared to Twitch’s 70/30 split.
- Exclusive Promotions: Kick.com provides streamers with exclusive promotional opportunities, allowing them to reach a wider audience and increase their visibility.
What Can I Stream on Kick?
Since Kick is still new, it will take some time to figure out what kind of content does the best on it. While some big-name streamers have joined, Kick seems to work best for content makers who are just starting out and want to get their name out there.
Kick could be a good place for you if you make live videos about gaming, slots, and casinos. At the moment, gambling is the most popular thing on the site. Some other popular types of streams on Kick are: Call of Duty: Warzone 2.0, Fortnite, Just Sleeping, Music, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, Pools, Apex Legends, Grand Theft Auto, PUBG and other games that you might consider popular.
How to Stream on Kick? (Step-by-Step)
Kick.com is a live-streaming site that became very famous very quickly after it started in January 2023. Kick.com is proud to be more creator-friendly than popular live sites like Twitch and YouTube. It provides a supportive environment and unique ways to interact with your audience. Here is how to stream on it:
Step 1: Create a Kick Account
The first step to streaming on Kick.com is creating an account. Follow these simple steps to get started:
- Open your web browser and navigate to Kick.com.
- Click on the “Sign Up” button to create a new account. If you already have an account, simply log in.
- Fill in the required information, including your username, email address, and password.
- Accept the terms and conditions, and click on the “Create Account” button.
Step 2: Set Up Your Stream
After creating your Kick account, it’s time to set up your stream. Here’s how:
- Go to your Creator Dashboard, which can be accessed from your account settings.
- Within the Creator Dashboard, click on “Edit stream info” to customize your stream details.
- Enter your stream title, select the appropriate category, specify the language, and indicate whether your stream is intended for an 18+ audience.
- Once you’ve entered all the necessary information, click on “Save” to save your stream settings.
Step 3: Get Your Stream Key
- To start streaming on Kick.com, you’ll need a stream key. Here’s how you can get it:
- Within the Creator Dashboard, navigate to the “Settings” menu on the left side of the screen.
- Select the “Stream Key” option to access your unique stream key.
- Copy the stream key to your clipboard. This key will be used to connect your streaming software to Kick.com.
Step 4: Set Up Your Streaming Software
Now that you have your stream key, it’s time to set up your streaming software. Follow these steps to get started:
- Open your preferred streaming software. OBS (Open Broadcaster Software) is a popular choice among streamers.
- In your streaming software, locate the settings or preferences menu.
- Look for the option to enter your stream key or stream URL. Paste the stream key you copied from Kick.com into the appropriate field.
- Save your settings to ensure that your streaming software is connected to Kick.com.
Step 5: Customize Your Stream
Before going live on Kick.com, take a moment to customize your stream settings. Here are a few key aspects to consider:
- Stream Overlay: Design an appealing stream overlay that reflects your brand and enhances the viewer experience.
- Camera and Microphone Settings: Ensure that your camera and microphone are properly configured for high-quality video and audio.
- Scene Transitions: Experiment with different scene transitions to add a professional touch to your stream.
Step 6: Going Live
Before you hit “Start Streaming,” make sure you’re ready to go live in your streaming software or app. In the simplest terms possible, that’s how to start streaming on Kick.
Kick.com’s Rules (Smoking is Allowed!)
There are rules and standards that creators need to follow on Kick.com, but the atmosphere is more laid-back than on some other streaming sites. Take a look at these important points:
- Smoking: Kick allows smoking, but it does not specify what can be smoked. However, it’s essential to be aware of local laws and regulations regarding smoking substances like marijuana.
- Music: Similar to other streaming sites, only copyright-free music can be streamed on Kick.com. Using copyrighted music can result in the platform facing legal consequences.
- NSFW Content: Kick rules prohibit sexually suggestive content and nudity. It’s important to respect these guidelines and ensure your content aligns with the platform’s policies.
- Ads: Kick.com started rolling out ads on the platform in May 2023. While they may become more intrusive over time, they are currently not overly disruptive.
- Mobile App: Like YouTube and Twitch, Kick.com has a mobile application available for both iOS and Android devices, allowing you to stream on the go.
You can avoid problems and make the streaming experience great for both you and your fans if you know and follow Kick.com’s rules.
Content creators can connect with a supportive community and try out new ways to make money through streaming on Kick.com, which is a great chance. If you follow the steps in this complete guide, you’ll be ready to start streaming on Kick.com and make your mark in the world of live streaming. Don’t forget to be steady, talk to your audience, and try out different ways to promote your streams.
- Kick.com worth streaming on?
Yes, Kick.com is a worthwhile platform for streaming, offering a supportive environment and attractive revenue opportunities for content creators.
- Is Kick.com owned by Twitch?
No, Kick.com is not owned by Twitch. It is backed financially by Stake.com, one of the prominent streaming sites in the industry.
- Who owns Kick.com?
Kick.com is supported by the owners of Stake.com, Bijan Tehrani and Ed Craven, along with streaming celebrity Trainwreckstv.