Now, YouTube is the first most significant social media all over the globe, with millions of videos sharing daily. However, connecting YouTube to Instagram is now a challenge. This blog would explain how you can convert a YouTube video to an Instagram video format and share Instagram.
You may have both Instagram and YouTube accounts, or you own an Instagram account to repost YouTube videos. However, it seems that converting YouTube videos is a challenge, and sharing with Instagram also is becoming a big challenge! Keep reading and learn how to share youtube video on instagram story, how to share a youtube video on instagram using mobile, and how to share youtube video on instagram desktop.
Can you share youtube video on Instagram?
Have you ever watched a YouTube video that you like to post on Instagram? Or if you are working on your new YouTube channel and want to promote it through your Instagram page. Here, I have to say that fortunately, you can share any YouTube video link on your Instagram story. While previously, you needed 10,000 followers on Instagram to use the swipe-up link, the new feature of Instagram allows you to share any YouTube link with fewer followers. Keep reading and learn more about how to share a youtube video on instagram.
How tohow to share a youtube video on Instagram Story as a link?
Are you wondering how to share a youtube video on instagram? As I previously mentioned, one of the easiest ways that you can
use to share a YouTube video on your Instagram is your Instagram story.
If you do not know how to share youtube video on instagram story, just follow the below steps:
- Copy the link to the video.
- Add a story, tap on the sticker icon, and choose “Link” sticker.
- Now, paste the link to the YouTube video and post the story.
How to share a YouTube video on the Instagram story without 10K followers
If you have a YouTube channel, and you will promote your videos, it could be somehow complicated. Instagram doesn’t allow users to share links on their stories without 10K followers. Though, here are some shortcuts:
- Share the link in an IGTV and then share an account linked to that IGTV
- You may buy followers to reach the number 10K. It should not cost much for you (this is the easiest and straightforward).
There are still some other ways, though all would NOT redirect the users. All of them will send the followers indirectly to the mentioned links. For example:
- You can share the story and tell users to visit your profile and check the link in the bio.
- You can share the story and ask users if they want to get the link. then, reply with the link (this is time-consuming and not recommended for bulk clicks).
- Promote the link using Instagram ads.
How to share a YouTube video on Instagram
As you see in the picture, you can only share YouTube videos on another platform that allows link sharing, but Instagram is not one of them.
Therefore, to share a YouTube video, you must:
- Download YouTube videos
- Share the downloaded video on Instagram
There are lots of tools available on the internet you can use to download YouTube videos, and here I would mention some of them. You can try any means that help you download YouTube videos.
How to share a YouTube video on Instagram story?
Download YouTube video by YTmp3 downloader, as I have shown in the picture below.
It is easy and fast, but if the length of the video is too long, you might face an error. So, it is better to download YouTube videos with a short duration.
To share a YouTube video on Instagram story:
- Copy the YouTube URL as it is shown in the picture
- Paste it to any YouTube downloader apps or tools and download the video to your mobile phone gallery
- Open the Instagram app and tap on your profile picture on the top left of the home page
- Tap the gallery icon on the bottom left
- select the video
- write the caption and share to Instagram story
You can use a desktop for Instagram if you have downloaded using a computer or laptop.
How to share YouTube videos on Instagram on a mobile phone?
You can use any browser on mobile like safari, chrome, Firefox to download YouTube videos and share to Instagram when you save it to your smartphone. Though, It’s good to use a video maker to edit videos before sharing.
To share YouTube video on Instagram using the phone:
- Copy the youtube video URL Open any browser
- Go to youtube to mp4 downloader
- Copy the youtube video URL and paste it to the downloader
- Download the video
- Open the Instagram app and post the video to Instagram
Tip: please notice if you are using an android device, you can find the downloaded video on your download folder. IOS user is a bit different. You can go to files and find the downloaded video on the download folder. From there, you can save it to your gallery and then share it to Instagram.
When you open the Instagram app, you can only upload videos from the galley of the iPhone. So, make sure you have moved the video to the gallery.
How to share YouTube videos on Instagram on desktop?
If you are using your computer to share any Instagram, the good news is that you can easily share it from desktop to Instagram. Once you have your YouTube video ready, you can share it through a desktop.
Here in this article, I have entirely explained how you can post video to Instagram through the computer for both mac and windows users.
Sharing YouTube videos to Instagram can have lots of benefits. You can make a collection of top videos, report or create a collection of inspirational videos, and so on. However, you should notice that copyright is essential while you are sharing a video on Instagram.
So, why can I not share any famous YouTube song or something like that on Instagram? Read the above text and learn how to share youtube video on instagram story, all other important points about sharing YouTue videos on Instagram using your mobile or desktop?