Instagram lets you add stories Highlights yo your profile which is a collection of the stories you have uploaded in the past on Instagram. This feature allows your Instagram profile to look more attractive because it provides people for another insight into what you have in mind.
If you want to add a story from your gallery or camera roll directly to your Highlights, this wouldn’t be possible because Instagram only allows you to share a highlight based on what you’ve uploaded on Instagram stories and left for a full 24 hours. If you didn’t leave your story for 24 hours, you wouldn’t be able to add it to your Instagram Highlight.
How to add highlights on Instagram from camera roll?
If you are using a smartphone to publish on Instagram, and you are going to add galley photos to the highlights of Instagram, it is possible. However, if you don’t want others to see your stories, but they see your highlights, you should know that you cannot add to highlights without adding to stories. Even if you set the privacy for close friends (at least one account), and then you add those to stories. No one would be able to watch it unless those you have already selected when sharing to stories.
So, to show the highlights to all, you should publish to stories for all first then add it to highlights. Though, before adding to highlights, you should note some points.
- You should have the Instagram app on your phone, and you should be logged in
- You should publish to story first, before creating highlights
- Creating highlights is only from the Instagram app
So, to add from camera roll to the story follow the instruction below:
- Open the photos or gallery on your phone
- Open the photos you are going to add to stories highlights
- Select the photos and tap the share icon
- Select Instagram from the apps shown
- If you cannot see Instagram, tap More and switch the button on for Instagram
- Tap stories from the options
- Now, you should open Instagram and go to highlights
- Add new, select photos, and write the highlights name
- Tap Add
How to add highlights on Instagram?
adding to Instagram highlights is easy, but you should know that you have to add the photo or video to stories first. Everyone sees the stories can watch that highlight too.
To add highlights on Instagram:
- Open the Instagram app
- Go to your profile by tapping the profile picture on the bottom right
- Tap New under the profile bio
- Select from the already-published stories
- Add cover and write the name for highlights
- Tap create
- To remove the highlights, you can tap three dots on every photo and videos, select the remove from the highlights option.
Add Instagram Highlights without Adding to Story
It would help if you blocked your followers from seeing your story, upload the story that you want to add to your Instagram Highlights. After 24 hours, you can add it to your Highlights and unblock people from seeing your story.
1- Switch to private account
The first thing you can try is switching your account to private – doing this will stop users from viewing your story if they aren’t from your followers. If your account is public before uploading your story, people who are not don’t follow you will also be able to see the story that you blocked your followers from seeing.
2- Block Everyone from Seeing your Story
To stop everyone from seeing your story:
Go to your Instagram settings
Click on story controls
Click on 0 people
Now you need to select all of your followers to stop them from seeing your story.
Note! This may take a while depending on how many followers you have.
3- Upload your story
After blocking everyone from seeing your story, upload the story from your gallery and leave it for 4 hours. Or you can do this while your story is live, and they would not be able to see the story.
4- add your story to highlights
After uploading your story on Instagram, tap on the highlight button at the bottom and choose the highlight you want it in.
5– unblock people from seeing your story
After adding the story to your highlights and waiting for 24 hours, you should start unblocking people whom you blocked on Instagram story control and voila!
you can send the content from the gallery to stories, but to make them as highlights, you should open the instagram app. don’t forget that who can see the story would see that highlights too.