The DualSense controller for the PlayStation 5 is a highly praised piece of hardware. It has a comfortable grip, fast buttons, and new features like haptic feedback and adaptive triggers. You can connect the PS5 controller to your PC and play games with it, even though it was made to work with the PS5. This article will show you how to connect PS5 controller to PC, whether you want to use a wired or wireless link.
How to Connect PS5 Controller to PC
To connect a PlayStation 5 (PS5) controller to your PC, you can follow these methods:
With a USB Cable
The simplest and most straightforward method to connect your PS5 DualSense controller to your PC is by using a USB cable. This method provides a reliable and low-latency connection, ensuring a smooth gaming experience. Here’s how you can connect your PS5 controller to your PC using a USB cable:
- Begin by ensuring that you have a USB-C to USB-A cable or a USB-C to USB-C cable, depending on the ports available on your PC. Plug the USB-C end of the cable into the PS5 controller.
- Connect the other end of the cable to an available USB port on your PC.
- Windows will automatically detect the controller and install the necessary drivers. Once the installation is complete, the PS5 controller will light up, indicating that it is ready for use.
It’s important to note that not all USB cables support data transfer. If you’re using a charging-only cable, it will only charge the controller and won’t establish a data connection. Make sure to use a cable that supports data transfer for proper functionality.
If you prefer a wireless gaming experience, you can connect your PS5 controller to your PC using Bluetooth. This method allows you to play games without the restriction of a cable, giving you more freedom to move around. Here’s how you can connect your PS5 controller to your PC via Bluetooth:
- Ensure that your PC has Bluetooth capabilities. If your PC doesn’t have built-in Bluetooth, you can use a Bluetooth adapter to add this functionality.
- On your PC, go to the Settings menu and navigate to the Bluetooth & Devices section.
- Click on “Add device” and select Bluetooth as the connection type.
- On your PS5 controller, press and hold the PS button and the Create button simultaneously for a few seconds until the controller starts flashing a blue light.
- In the Bluetooth settings on your PC, you should see a device labeled “Wireless Controller.” Select it to establish the connection.
Once the connection is established, your PS5 controller will be ready to use wirelessly with your PC. It’s worth noting that wireless connections may introduce slight input lag compared to wired connections, but the difference is generally minimal and shouldn’t significantly impact your gaming experience.
Go for more on : How to Change Background on PS5?
How to Set Up Your PS5 Controller for PC Games
After successfully connecting your PS5 controller to your PC, you may need to configure it for optimal gaming performance. Fortunately, the process is relatively simple, especially if you’re using the popular gaming platform Steam. Here’s how you can set up your PS5 controller for PC gaming:
- Launch the Steam application on your PC.
- If you’re not already in Big Picture Mode, you can enter it by clicking the “View” menu at the top of the Steam window and selecting “Big Picture Mode.”
- Within Big Picture Mode, navigate to the Settings menu and select “Controller Settings.”
- Enable “PlayStation Configuration Support” to ensure compatibility with your PS5 controller.
- You can also customize various settings for your controller, such as vibration preferences and light color, by accessing the “Preferences” section within Controller Settings.
Steam provides excellent native support for the PS5 controller, allowing you to easily configure and customize its functionality. Additionally, Steam’s Big Picture Mode provides a user-friendly interface for navigating your game library and launching games with controller support.
Using the PS5 Controller with Non-Steam Games
That being said, you may want to use the controller with games that aren’t on Steam even though Steam fully supports the PS5 controller. Luckily, there are other ways you can do this. The DS4Windows software is a popular choice. It lets you map the buttons on your PS5 controller to a fake Xbox controller that Windows can recognize. This makes it possible to play a lot of different games, even ones that aren’t on Steam or are copied.
To use the PS5 controller with non-Steam games using DS4Windows, follow these steps:
- Download and install the DS4Windows software from the official website.
- Launch DS4Windows and connect your PS5 controller to your PC.
- DS4Windows will automatically detect your controller and apply the necessary drivers.
- Once the setup is complete, your PS5 controller will be recognized as an Xbox controller by your PC.
- You can configure button mappings and other settings within the DS4Windows interface to ensure compatibility with your games.
By using DS4Windows, you can enjoy the benefits of the PS5 controller with a wide range of games, regardless of whether they have native controller support.
Also Read: “How to connect ps4 controller to phone“
When you connect a PS5 controller to your PC, you can use the ease and features of this well-known controller to play games. The process is pretty easy and can be done with either a USB cable or Bluetooth, depending on whether you want a wired or wireless link. If you follow the steps in this guide, you’ll learn how to connect PS5 controller to PC and set up your PS5 controller so that it works best with PC games.