A lot of people nowadays are using social media more than even their daily conversations, and as one of the top platforms, Facebook is also one of them. As the trend tells us, more and more girls and boys are entering Facebook, gathering in small groups, and enjoying their time. But sometimes, you cannot add your friend or relative to your Facebook groups, which will keep you upset. Keep reading and find the answer to “why cant i add someone on facebook” question and how you can solve “cant add friend on facebook” issue.
Why cant I add someone on Facebook?
Have you ever faced a situation, in which you cant add friend on facebook? Are you wondering “why cant i add someone on facebook”? If so, you need to read this paragraph and find the best reason based on your situation.
- You cant add friend on facebook due to a limited privacy settings:
The most common reason you cant add friend on facebook is that they may have changed their privacy settings. If this person has their Friend Request privacy set to “Friends of Friends,” and you have no mutual friends, you probably won’t be able to send them a request.
What to do now? If you want to add this user, you need to send a message and ask him to send you a request. Note that since you are not a friend of theirs, your message will land on the person’s message requests page, and it will take a while to get your response.
- You cant add friend on facebook because have been blocked:
The second answer to “why cant i add someone on facebook?” is too easy; that person blocks you. Besides being unable to see their profile, you also cannot see their posts, photos, and comments and won’t be able to message them. So try to see if there is a possibility to chat with them. If the answer is negative, you are likely to have been blocked.
- You cant add friend on facebook because the account is deactivated:
If your friend’s account is deactivated, you cannot add them on Facebook. When someone decides to deactivate their account, it usually will stay up in some form unless they completely delete it. However, if the person chooses to log in to Facebook after deactivating their account, it will show up again.
- You cant add friend on facebook because they have reached their friend limit:
Nothing is unlimited in this world, which is also true for Facebook and its users. If someone has reached this 5000 friends limit, you will no longer be able to send them a friend request. Furthermore, if someone who has reached the limit sends you a friend request, you still won’t be able to add them this way. However, you are allowed to send and receive messages.
- You cant add friend on facebook because you have blocked them:
The status can be vice versa if instead of being blocked by the user, “you” have blocked that person. You can check if you have blocked your friend by Settings & Privacy > Settings > Blocking. On this page, you can see a list of people you have blocked, and you can check to see if the person you are trying to add is there.
- You cant add friend on facebook because you already send a request:
Sometimes you have sent your request to your friend, but they haven’t checked it yet. As a result, it will remove the person’s option until they accept it. If you think your target user has forgotten to view your request, you can message them and remind them you have sent a request or ask them to add you.
- You cant add friend on facebook because they have denied your request:
Another case is that the user has rejected your request. This possibility comes true when you find out you have already sent a friend request, but still see the “Add Friend” button. If you wish, you can try it as long as the Add Friend button is there.
- You cant add friend on facebook because Facebook has restricted their account:
Also, this problem might happen because the servers restrict the account you sent the request to it. As the person gets the restriction, his account will be frozen for a specific time. This period could be anywhere from a few hours to weeks. During this time, the person will no longer be allowed to do whatever he wants.
- You cant add friend on facebook because your internet condition is not good:
As you know, Facebook is a popular social media, and that means to do anything on this platform you should be online and connected to a stable internet connection. So, if you are looking for the answer to “why cant i add someone on facebook” question, poor internet connection might be a reason.
Also Read: “Facebook Dating Not Showing Up
Why Is The “Add Friend” Button Not Showing on Facebook?
Sometimes you decide to add a person on Facebook, but there is no available “Add Friend” button on their profile. This is the same issue as what I have explained above about the “why cant i add someone on facebook” answer. But based on reports, the three most possible answers for this event are below items:
- Sometimes, the profile owner has set their “Who may contact me” option to “Friends of friends,” and you have no friends in common.
- It is possible that the person has blocked and then unblocked you or that they have just rejected your friend request, which may result in the no “Add Friend” button appearing on their profile anymore.
- Maybe you have already blocked the individual. When you block someone on Facebook, they will also be unfriended.
- why can’t i add someone on facebook even though we have mutual friends
The most possible reason is that he or she has ignored or rejected your FB request.
- What does it mean when you can see someone’s profile but can’t add them?
If you can see someone’s profile on facebook but there is no add friend button, it refers to the “Restricted” list.
- How to friend someone on Facebook when it just says message
This case would mean that you already sent a request and it got deleted.
- Why can’t i add someone on facebook after unblocking them?
There are different reasons, like a changed privacy account setting, deactivated account, and like this.
Thank you so much for being so attentive. One of the main features of Facebook is to add your friends, and it will not be appealing if you have troubles in this process. Meanwhile, if you think none of the above possible reasons can cause your “cant add friend on facebook” problem, you can visit Facebook’s official website and ask them “why cant i add someone on facebook”.