Instagram has added a great feature that would take over Youtube very soon! We have been waiting for an improvement in Instagram videos for so long now, so this was the right time for Instagram to take action.
The company stated it would allow people to upload videos up to one-hour length (from previous one minute limit). How great is that?
How does IGTV work?
You can upload vertical videos on Instagram, and anyone except the beginners and small accounts will be able to upload hour long videos that can expand to everyone eventually. There is no adds on IGTV, but apparently, it’s a very reasonable place for adds to end up.
IGTV is different in a few ways. First, it’s built for how you actually use your phone, so videos are full screen and vertical. Also, unlike on Instagram, videos aren’t limited to one minute. Instead, each video can be up to an hour long. We’ve made it simple, too.
Just like turning on the TV, IGTV starts playing as soon as you open the app. You don’t have to search to start watching content from people you already follow on Instagram and others you might like based on your interests. You can swipe up to discover more — switch between “For You,” “Following,” “Popular” and “Continue Watching.” You can also like, comment and send videos to friends in Direct.
Things to know about IGTV:
- videos are vertical and full screen. The app is mobile first so don’t worry about it.
- Video length is from 15 secs to 60 mins.
- Videos play automatically for users when opening IGTV app.
- Users can watch videos either on the Instagram app or the IGTV app.
- There are some search options for users on IGTV app like: For You, Following, Popular and continue watching tabs.
- creators can add ”swipe up” call-to-action on their videos.
- Users can like or comment on your videos, or direct them to their friends.
- The video size can be up to 3.6GB!
- The file type must be MP4, and the video size should be 9:16
- Videos can have thumbnails and cover images with JPG format.
- Like Youtube creators have their own channel, and anyone can be a creator.
Also Read: “Cancel Youtube TV”
So what are you waiting for? Download the app and have fun!