Do you like to place your favorite Stories under your Instagram bio so that they can stay on your profile for as long as you want? This Instagram feature is called “Instagram Highlights.” You can choose whatever picture and videos you want to share in your stories Highlight.
In this article, we are going to teach you everything you need to know about Instagram Highlights, such as how to add highlights on Instagram, ways to download Instagram highlights and much more.
What are Instagram Story Highlights?
Everybody knows that Instagram stories disappear in 24 hours. And, to provide the opportunity for Instagram users to save their favorite stories and make them appear as a pin under their bio, Instagram has contributed a feature called Highlights.
“Instagram Highlights” are groups of Instagram stories that you can display as folder sections on your profile. This means that once you share a story, you can save it as a Highlight (like a folder) that will show up on your Instagram profile, or you can archive the stories and create highlights in from the archived stories.
How to create highlights on Instagram?
You have two ways to create an Instagram Story Highlights:
- Create Instagram Highlight from your active stories: Share a story and manually save it in your Highlights
- Create Instagram Highlight from your archived stories: If you have activated the Archive option, your Instagram stories will save automatically in your archives, and you can choose between them to be organized in a Highlight.
Create Highlight from your active stories
If you already have an active story and you like to add it to a Highlight just follow these steps:
- Tap on your active story to view it.
- Tap on the “highlight” button at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap on the “plus” icon to create a new stories highlight.
- Enter the name of your new highlight.
- Tap on the “Add” button.
Now your new Highlight will display on your profile and your followers will be able to see it even after the 24 hours.
Create Highlight from your archived stories
To add your archived stories to a highlight and pin them on your Instagram profile, follow these steps below:
- Go to your profile and tap on story highlights under your bio.
- Tap on the “plus” icon.
- In the next window, choose the stories you want to show in your highlight and tap “Next.”
- Tap “Edit cover” to pick an icon for your uploaded highlight.
- Enter a name for your stories highlight.
- Tap Done (Android) or Add (iOS) and that’s it!
Note: If you want to know How to Add Instagram Highlights without Adding to Stories, there are some tricks to do that, which are all mentioned in the guide:”Add Instagram Highlights without Adding to Story” for you.
How to add more stories to a current Highlight?
You can add more stories to your highlight at any time by following these steps below:
- Go to your profile
- Tap and hold on the highlight you want to edit
- Tap on “Edit highlight”
- Choose the new stories you like to add
- Tap “done”
Note! You can also edit the name and the cover image of your existing highlight.
How to delete highlights on Instagram
There might be tines that you want to delete the Instagram highlights you added, for any reasons. let me tell you that it is a very easy thing to do. Below is how to delete highlights on Instagram:
- Open the highlight you want to delete
- Click the three-dot ellipses again on the bottom-right corner.
- Choose Delete
- Confirm the Delete and press delete once again
- You are done
Download Instagram highlights
Sometimes you might want to download Instagram highlights of another user. There are two ways to do that which I am going to explain below.
Take a screenshot
Definitely one of the solutions is to take screenshot of them but in this way, your photo will have other details that you may not like and the result is not very interesting
Use an Instagram highlights downloader
There are some websites which are know as Instagram highlights downloader that claim to help you save other peoples’ highlights. Here are the three best websites to download Instagram highlights:
How many highlights can you have on Instagram
As I have read and researched online, there is no limit on how many highlights you can have on Instagram, but there is a limit for how many media you can add in each highlight.
You can add up to 100 photos or videos to a Story Highlight. It is said that if you add mire than 100 media from your stories to a single highlight, the first one would be moved to archived stories and the new one would replace it.
That’s it guys. Now you know how to add highlights on Instagram. Don’t forget to share your opinions with us on the comments below.