Every day on eBay, you can see lots of auctions on the platform, and tons of dollars have been sent between users. It doesn’t matter if you are participating as a buyer or a seller; you may be wondering how to cancel a bid on eBay. Although the process of canceling a bid is not a difficult one, there are occasions when things don’t quite go to plan.
Before starting an explanation, make sure that you bid on the right product and offer the right price. This strategy will make you free of canceling a bid on eBay every time you want to start a new one. By the way, in eBay terms, “canceling a bid” is what you do as a seller. If you’re a buyer, you “retract your bid.” Although there are referring to the same process, there are explained in two distinct fields on eBay Terms and Conditions.
How to cancel a bid on eBay as a buyer?
If you are a buyer on eBay, this is what you need to do to cancel a bid. Follow these steps;
- Firstly, log into your eBay account.
- Now click on “Help & contact” in the menu bar at the top of the screen.
- Next, in the search box that appears on the following screen, type “retract the bid.”
- Select the “Retracting a Bid” help page and then click on the blue “Retract a bid” button, then “Get started” on the next page.
- Here, choose the item you want to retract your bid form and click “Continue.”
- From the drop-down menu which appears, select your reason for canceling your bid and click on the “Continue” button again.
- Step seven: Finally, click on “Retract bid.”
How to cancel a winning bid on eBay as a seller?
If you are a seller, you may have some reasons for canceling a bid on eBay; it could be an error on a listing, the item is no longer fit or available for sale, or there are some concerns about buyers. To cancel a bid, you need to follow these steps;
- Firstly, log into eBay and visit the bid canceling page for sellers.
- Next, enter the item number in the top box, the buyer’s username in the middle, and the reason for cancellation at the bottom.
- Finally, click on the “cancel bid” button.
If you have a particular reason for canceling the bid, it is better to write it on your listing. Adding criteria for buyers to your listing helps prevent the need to cancel bids, assuming you have standards.
Blocking a buyer on eBay as a seller
In the last section, we will discuss the method for blocking a buyer on eBay. Always be cautious about using the “block buyer” feature as a seller. Although sometimes buyers ask weird or unusual questions, that isn’t a good reason to block them. To block a buyer, you just need to navigate to the blocked bidder page and enter the user’s information.
Thank you sincerely for reading this post. As you see, the whole process of canceling a bid is straightforward, and it doesn’t matter if your role on eBay is buying or selling goods.
Finally, before blocking another buyer or canceling a bid, think through all of your options as a seller. Don’t make a snap decision and do something rash that could cost you heavily now or in the future.