Are you considering starting a small business but are confused between different usernames? Or do you have a brand name but can not figure out whether it’ll be available on various social media apps? Well, your concerns are valid.
But, going through a dozen different apps to check for username availability seems like a dumb idea. Apart from wasting a lot of time and effort, it will also burn you out. But, using name checker tools will fix your worry without wasting time.
The tool will go through all the popular apps instantly and show whether the username is taken or available. So, keep reading to learn how this tool works.
Introduction to Name Checker
As the title suggests, a name checker is a straightforward tool that checks for username availability across several social media platforms. Traditionally users open each site to check if their desired name is available for use.
The name checker changed this dynamic by providing a fast and effective way of checking username attainability on different sites. Just enter the desired username and click search. The tool will go through more than twenty sites to display whether the name is accessible or not.
Importance of Unique Usernames
One can obtain the following perks if you use a unique name for your online brand:
- Public username
A username of any brand or personal account is public knowledge. Anyone can see the account’s name even before tapping on it. A unique username means your profile will intrigue others. It will result in more account visits and more followers.
- Increase Brand Value
Understandably, first impressions make or break a brand’s image. And having a good username is the most prominent aspect of creating a positive first impression. A well thought and unique name for your business account mean the audience will be interested in the brand value.
- Account Creation
Most social media apps do not allow the same username to be used for more than one account. For example, if a user makes an Instagram ID named ‘John7,’ another can not use the same name. A unique username means that the name will likely not be taken, and you can associate with your brand.
Lastly, adding your name or business idea to your username will increase and improve the searchability of your online accounts. For example, if you’ve added the word ‘designer’ or ‘writer’ in the username, searching for the respective professionals will most likely come across your profile.
Ideas for Creating a Username for Social Media
Your social media handle is also your brand, and having an attractive yet straightforward username can add to your brand value. Remember not to use hard-to-read usernames; you can further follow the K.I.S.S (keep it simple) technique to generate an apt name for your profile.
Here are some hacks that will help users in selecting a good username or handle for your accounts:
- Try to keep the name memorable and fun; you can also use rhyming words or alliteration to make it sound compact and attractive
- If you are making an account for yourself, do add your first or last name in the username to increase searchability
- Using words like ‘the,’ ‘official,’ and ‘this’ can also make your name sound professional
- If you are creating a business account, adding the niche in the username can also increase searches
- Try to keep the domain name of the business’s website, and the social media username handles the same to sound professional.
- Users can also include abbreviations, leetspeak, or informal words in the name to make it sound humorous and fun.
How to Use the Name Checker?
Name checker is a helpful tool, especially for social media enthusiasts. Rather than manually going through each social media app looking for usernames, it will do your job. The name checker tool will display username results for twenty-two apps showing the availability of the entered name.
To fully use the name checker tool, follow these steps:
- Open the social-media-name-checker.php website using your web browser.
- The tool will be ready to search, enter your chosen username or brand name ideas in the search box and click on the search icon.
- The tool will instantly display the username across different websites, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
- It will also search for the name in the top-level domains.
- You can purchase the domain name of the username that is available in the TLDs
Used Username Issue
With billions of accounts on different online platforms, the chosen username will likely be unavailable at times. If that happens to you, don’t worry. Instead, add suffixes like ‘the,’ ‘that,’ etc., or change the spelling to make the username unique while retaining the main idea.
Lastly, having a consistent username across different websites increases the brand image and searches. Therefore, it is important to use the name checker tool to see if the username is available everywhere. You can then finalize the name of your handle according to its availability.