Do you like to place your favorite Stories under your Instagram bio? This Instagram feature is called a Story “Highlight.” You can choose whatever picture and videos you want to share in your stories Highlight.
In this article, we are going to teach you everything you need to know about Instagram Stories Highlights.
What are Instagram Story Highlights?
Everybody knows that Instagram stories disappear in 24 hours. And, to provide the opportunity for Instagram users to save their favorite stories and make them appear as a pin under their bio, Instagram has contributed a feature called Highlights.
“Instagram Highlights” are groups of Instagram stories that you can display as folder sections on your profile. This means that once you share a story, you can save it as a Highlight (like a folder) that will show up on your Instagram profile, or you can archive the stories and create highlights in from the archived stories.
How to Create Instagram Highlight?
You have two ways to create an Instagram Story Highlights:
- Create Highlight from your active stories: Share a story and manually save it in your Highlights
- Create Highlight from your archived stories: If you have activated the Archive option, your Instagram stories will save automatically in your archives, and you can choose between them to be organized in a Highlight.
Create Highlight from your active stories
If you already have an active story and you like to add it to a Highlight just follow these steps:
- Tap on your active story to view it.
- Tap on the “highlight” button at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap on the “plus” icon to create a new stories highlight.
- Enter the name of your new highlight.
- Tap on the “Add” button.
Now your new Highlight will display on your profile and your followers will be able to see it even after the 24 hours.
Create Highlight from your archived stories
To add your archived stories to a highlight and pin them on your Instagram profile, follow these steps below:
- Go to your profile and tap on story highlights under your bio.
- Tap on the “plus” icon.
- In the next window, choose the stories you want to show in your highlight and tap “Next.”
- Tap “Edit cover” to pick an icon for your uploaded highlight.
- Enter a name for your stories highlight.
- Tap Done (Android) or Add (iOS) and that’s it!
Note: If you want to know How to Add Instagram Highlights without Adding to Stories, there are some tricks to do that, which are all mentioned in the guide:”Add Instagram Highlights without Adding to Story” for you.
How to add more stories to a current Highlight?
You can add more stories to your highlight at any time by following these steps below:
- Go to your profile
- Tap and hold on the highlight you want to edit
- Tap on “Edit highlight”
- Choose the new stories you like to add
- Tap “done”
Note! You can also edit the name and the cover image of your existing highlight.
That’s it guys. Don’t forget to share your opinions with us on the comments below.