How to Hide Messages on iPhone? (4 Working Ways)
Do you value your privacy and want to keep certain things hidden from prying eyes? Whether it’s personal messages, confidential information or sensitive photos, your iPhone has got you covered. With advanced features and tricks, there are several ways to hide your messages on iPhone without anyone else knowing. In this post, we’ll explore some of the most effective methods to keep your private information safe and secure on your device. So sit back, relax and get ready for a crash course on how to hide messages on iPhone.
How to hide messages on iPhone?
As you read above, hiding messages is one of the most common concerns of iPhone users. So, in this paragraph, I want to talk about the four most important ways on how to hide text messages on iPhone without deleting them.
How to hide messages on iPhone using invisible ink to send your messages?
I think this is one of the most interesting ways you can use to hide messages on iPhone by following the below steps:
- Go to the iMessage app.
- Open the conversation thread you like to send a private message.
- Write what you want, like always.
- Hold the arrow icon and you will see pop-up options, where you can choose Send with Invisible Ink.
How to hide messages on iPhone by locking and hiding text messages in Notes App?
Also, you can choose to keep your messages in the Notes app to hide them without deleting them, if you do not know how, read the below steps:
- Go to the iPhone’s Messages and choose the contact thread you want.
- Now, you need to take a screenshot of that conservation.
- Then, open the Notes app and make a new note.
- Add your screenshot to that specific note and choose Done.
- Here, you have to go to the Settings of the Note and choose three dots on the top-right side.
- Tap on the Lock option and create a password.
- And finally, delete the iphone messages from your Phone.
How to hide messages on iPhone without deleting by setting a time limit for the Messages App?
As you might know, iPhone does not provide any feature to set a password for your Messages app, but here, I want to show you a trick you can use to hide text messages iPhone.
- Open your iPhone Settings and go to the Screen Time section.
- To turn On Screen Time, you have to click on that and confirm it by choosing the ‘This is my iPhone’ option.
- Now, choose a passcode and enter it by clicking on ‘Use Screen Time Passcode’.
- Here, you have to go to App Limits and choose to add a limit to the Messages app.
- Then, you can add a screen time limit on your messaging app, like setting 1 minute locker time by clicking on “add in the top-right corner”.
Apps for Hiding iPhone Messages
Here, you can find a list of the best third-party apps to hide your iPhone text message without deleting them. Also, I should add that some of them even provide additional facilities, such as hiding photos and securing them.
- Safe Text:
It is a powerful and secure app, easy to use for all iPhone users. Moreover, I should state that Safe Text will notify its users if a text screen capture takes place.
- KeeperChat Encrypted Messenger:
The second option is KeeperChat Encrypted Messenger, a perfect and professional app with Touch ID as the primary security measure for your secret texts. Among the most important features of this app, I can mention biometric login and message retrieval whenever you want.
- Fingerprint Lock Hide Message:
If you are an iPhone user who likes to keep your text and chat conversation private, be sure that Fingerprint Lock Hide Message is one of the best options, as it is easy to use and keeps your IM conversations backup.
How to hide messages from a specific person?
This time I want to talk about a situation, where you had a fun chat with one of your close friends but do not like anybody else knows anything about it. So, follow the below steps and hide text messages iphone from one contact by deleting a conservation thread.
- Open iMessage.
- Tap on the Edit button.
- Choose the conservation thread.
- Then select the Delete button.
How to hide message alerts in a specific chain?
Here, the next important point you should consider is that you can hide a specific message chain if you know how to hide alerts in the Messages app, following the below steps:
- Open your Messages app on your iPhone.
- Choose the message or messages that should not be displayed as the chain continues and open them.
- Tap the person’s picture or the icon of a face.
- From the pop-up, you should toggle “Hide Alerts” to turn it on.
- And no longer, you will find alerts displayed on your screen when you receive a new text from this chain.
How to hide message notifications on an iPhone?
The other way of hiding messages on iPhone without deleting them is by disabling notifications on your iPhone. If you do not know how, simply follow the below steps:
- Open your iPhone and go to the Settings app.
- Choose Notifications to see a long list of all apps on your phone that generates notifications.
- Select Show Previews from the top of the screen and Never to stop all notifications. ( Also you can choose When Unlocked to somewhat limit message displays and still receive notifications without preview.
- If you want to stop notification alerts of a special app, scroll down and choose the app in question, such as Text Messages.
- Or you can toggle off the Allow Notifications and stop the pop-up of all of the app’s displays.
How Do I See Hidden Text Messages?
Open Settings and tap on “Notifications”> Find the “Messages” section and click on that> Now, turn on Notifications and receive notifications and preview messages on your screen.
Are Apps to Hide Text Messages safe and legal?
Of course, yes. There are several legal and safe third-party apps you can use to hide text messages on your iPhone without deleting them. And you can find the three best of them in the above text.
How do I archive text messages on my iPhone?
To archive a text message on your iPhone, simply follow these steps:
1. Open the Messages app and find the conversation you want to archive.
2. Swipe left on the conversation and tap “More.”
3. Tap “Archive” and confirm your action.
If you are an iPhone user and this is your case, you can use different ways to hide text messages iphone from deleting that chat or using other ways, such as turning off message previews, using invisible ink, saving messages in Notes App, or setting a time limit. If you have any other questions about how to hide text messages on iphone without deleting them, share them in the comments below here and we try to find the best answer for you.