Security is a golden factor when it comes to mutual relationships, and both people need to stay comfortable throughout their conversations. In some cases, we are not 100% assured about a person or just want to upgrade our safety against predicted threats in the future.
As an iOS fan, how can we hide messages on iPhone? In this tutorial, we are going to learn more about hidden messages on iPhone, including how to hide text messages on iPhone without deleting any of them and also how to make messages private on iPhone devices.
Can you hide messages on iPhone?
Nowadays, many people are worried about their personal information when they text other people with their iPhone. One of the tricky methods that you make sure your info is in a safe place is to hide texts on iPhone.
Can you hide messages on iPhone smartphones? The answer is affirmative. You can lock or hide messages and even turn off message previews on your device so that your personal information stays private.
Why should you hide messages on iPhone?
Many iPhone users are typical people with less-classified information and document on their phones. However, if you think you are not one of those guys, you need to hide text messages iPhone. By making your messages hidden, you will ensure that the important pieces of information won’t be leaked by others. For example, you want to get a visa approval to travel to a foreign country, so you don’t want other people to know your personal details.
I will show you how to hide messages on iPhone without deleting them in the next section.
How to hide messages on iPhone?
How to hide text messages from one person on iPhone? There are multiple ways in which you can hide messages on iPhone. Note that in some cases, you don’t need to take the more difficult way; by adding a passcode to your phone or customizing the screen settings, your iPhone will get safer. Another easy way is to turn off the Message Preview feature of your iPhone so no notification message will appear on the screen.
The next method to have hidden messages on iPhone is to delete the conversation thread. To do that, follow these steps;
- Firstly, open your iPhone and go to the Messages app.
- Click on the “Edit” option, and then select the messages.
- Now, click on the circle icon beside the recipients’ names to delete specific conversation threads.
- Once you are done, click on “Delete.”
If you think it doesn’t worth learning how to hide iMessages on your phone, you can delete the messages which you may think will cause trouble for you for any reason. Follow these steps;
- Turn on your phone and go to “Messages.”
- Now, click on the target recipient’s name to open the conversation.
- You need to press and hold the message that you want to delete on your screen. After that, click on the “More” option.
- Select the trash icon
- Finally, click on Delete <Number> Messages to completely delete the chosen messages.
How to hide messages on iPhone without deleting?
In some cases, we “need” to have some of our messages, while we “don’t want” to lose them from our phone memory. How to hide messages on iPhone without deleting them? Four main methods are explained below to answer your question;
- Send your messages with invisible ink
The invisible ink feature is a great way which can be taken to hide messages on iPhone. To see how to hide imessages with the invisible ink, follow these steps;
- Open the Messages app on your phone.
- Now choose the recipient’s conversation thread in which you want to send them a message
- Write a text message on the text field and Long-tap on the arrow icon beside it.
- Now you need to activate the Invisible Ink feature on your screen.
- Finally, click on the arrow icon beside Invisible Ink once more to send the message.
- Lock and hide text messages in Notes App
The Notes app can be an alternative way to hide texts on iPhone. All you need to do is create a new note in the Notes app, copy and paste the texts to the note, and then lock them down. If you want to keep the sender, date, and time of the message, you can take a screenshot of the text messages, share the screenshot to a note and lock it safely.
If you want to lock a note on the Notes app, you need to;
- Swipe the note from right to left
- Click on the “lock” icon in the menu
- And set a passcode for the locked note
You can unlock your notes with your Touch ID or Face ID.
- Set time limit for the Messages App
Setting a time limit can also give you the power to hide texts on iPhone. How to hide iMessages on iPhone using a time limit? Follow the steps here;
- First, go to the Settings app and select the “Screen Time” section. Click on the “Turn on Screen Time” option.
- Now, click on “Continue” on the screen, then select “This is my iPhone.”
- Click on the “Use Screen Time Passcode” button to set a four-digit screen time passcode for your screen.
- After that, choose “App Limits.” You need to click on Add Limit again and then tap on “Social Networking and choose Messages.” Once you are done, click on the “Next” button.
- Here, customize the “Time” and “Days” limit to one minute and every day. Note that you need to keep the “Block at the end of Limit” turned on. Click on the “Add” button once you are finished.
- To test what you have set, turn back to the Messages app, wait for 5 minutes, then you will get an alert that you have reached your time limit on the Messages app. If you click on the “Ask for More Time” option and choose “One more minute,” you will get an additional 60 seconds timeline. However, after the deadline, you have to enter the screen time passcode if you want to access the messages.
- Move specific contacts to Unknown Senders
This method is suitable for those target contacts who are new to iOS and not familiar with the iOS ecosystem. To use it, follow these steps;
- Open your phone, and go to “Contacts.” Now find the recipient’s contact details and click on them.
- Click on “Edit” and choose the “Delete Contact” button.
- Next, go to the Settings app, and scroll down until you see “Messages.” Click on it.
- Below Message filtering, click on “Filter Unknown Senders” to toggle on the feature.
- Navigate to the Messages app and click on the “Filters” option.
- Finally, select “Known Senders” and close all applications that you have opened.
In the following section, you will learn the next method to hide text messages iPhone using third-party apps.
Apps to hide texts on iPhone
If you think learning how to hide text messages from one person on iPhone cannot meet your safety demands, you can try third-party apps which can make an additional cover for your weak points. Here, we have listed three top security applications to hide texts on iPhone;
- Signal – Private messenger
This is a great and free option for those who want to hide texts on iPhone. With Signal, you can continue your activities safely on private single or group chats, and the good news is that everything is end-to-end encrypted. Signal also offers the Voice or video calls features, and you can even share media and files.
- CoverMe Private Text & Calls
To boost your personal privacy, CoverMe is a nice option. You can simply use this app to encrypt and lock your calls and text messages. All your messages are secured with your Touch ID. You can also use CoverMe to assign you a burner phone number to mask your real number when sending text messages to your friends or having phone calls.
- Wire – Secure messenger
This is another practical choice if you want to hide text messages iPhone, especially if you are thinking learning how to hide iMessages on iPhone is time-wasting. As an encrypted option from end to end, all you need to do is to download Wire, and then you are able to send and receive files, FaceTime, call, and chat, as well as hide your personal details.
More applications to hide messages on iPhone are available on the market, as you see below;
- Private Message Box
How Do I See Hidden Text Messages?
If you have saved your messages in the Notes app, you just need to unlock the notes to access your texts. Otherwise, if you have kept the messages in their original version, you can unhide them to see what you have as your hidden messages on iPhone. Follow these steps;
- Go to the Settings app and click on “Notifications.”
- Now, swipe down the screen and find the “Messages” section. Tap on it.
- Here, you need to allow Notifications. As a result, you can get notifications and preview messages on your iPhone screen.
- You can also choose to unhide alerts from the Lock Screen, Notification Center, Banners, or select all to show text conversations
How to make messages private on iPhone?
The iPhone is a brilliant smartphone option for those who think several bad guys are threatening them, as they can make private and hidden messages on iPhone. How to make messages private on iPhone? Just take these easy steps;
- In order to turn off Message Preview on your phone, first open the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Next, navigate to “Notifications” and then click on the “Messages” section.
- Now, you can see two options on the screen; you can either use the Message Preview feature to turn on the Lock Screen or disable the feature completely on your device. Follow the on-screen instructions to disable the feature.
Thank you kindly for reading. Having a safe phone is a very nice sensation a user can get, so we have covered all possible methods to see how to hide texts on iPhone. Can you hide messages on iPhone? Of course. All you need to learn how to hide messages on iPhone is explained through the text. Furthermore, you can use the mentioned third-party apps if you think this is not enough.