Instagram is full of fantastic posts and stories that you can spend hours and hours having fun. To make users’ experiences more pleasant, Instagram rolled out the ability to hide like, and view counts on all posts in their feed. With this method, users can focus on the content rather than the popularity of the content.
This article will show you how to hide likes on your Instagram posts to bring more adventure to your followers.
How to hide likes on other accounts
If you are trying to hide likes on other accounts, follow these steps;
- Open your Instagram and go to your profile
- Select the three black lines in the upper right corner of the screen
- S Now, click on the hamburger “Settings” icon
- Step four: Next, search for posts and select “Posts”
- Step five: Finally, turn on “Hide Like and View Counts”
How to hide likes on your Instagram post before sharing it
Hiding like before sharing your posts is very easy. You only have to follow these steps;
- Firstly, on the final page, before posting your Instagram photo, scroll down and select “Advanced Settings” in grey.
- Turn on “Hide Like and View Counts on This Post”
How to hide likes on your Instagram post after you share it
You can also hide the “likes” option even after posting your content. Follow these steps;
- Go to the post you want to hide likes on
- Click on the three black dots in the right corner of the post
- Finally, select the “Hide Like “Count” icon
Why can’t I hide likes on my Instagram?
While Instagram has tested hiding likes for years, it rolled the new feature out to all its users in May 2021. For some users, it may take longer to receive an update.
If you have any problem hiding your likes, first check if you are using the most recent version of the Instagram app. Type “Instagram” into the search field (Google Play for Android users and App Store for iOS users) to see if your app is up-to-date. If there is an update available, there will be an “Update” button for you to install the new version of the app; if you are already on the latest version of Instagram, there will be an “Open” button instead.
The following method is to restart your device and check if the glitches are gone. You can also visit your device’s Settings app to make sure its operating system is up-to-date; if it is not, it might prevent apps like Instagram from running correctly. Finally, you can uninstall and reinstall the app because some of the bugs can occur due to the inappropriate installation of your app.
If all else fails, you can report the problem by visiting your Instagram Settings and tapping “Help,” selecting “Report a Problem.”
Thank you for reading. As you see, hiding the likes feature is not too difficult unless there is a problem with your account or Instagram app. If you still can’t find the issue, you can visit Instagram’s official website and send a help request.