Are you tired of constantly feeling like someone is looking over your shoulder, tracking your every move? It’s time to take control of your privacy and put an end to sharing your location without others knowing. It would be helpful to learn how to stop sharing location without them knowing. And in this text, you will find the solution explained in detail. So sit tight, because it’s about time you took charge of who gets access to your location information, all without them ever suspecting a thing!
Can You Stop Sharing Your Location Without Anyone Knowing?
Before anything, you might ask, can I stop sharing my location without anyone knowing? The sure answer is yes, there are a few ways to stop sharing your location with someone without them knowing both android and iOS users, and fortunately, they are not hard to learn. So, read the below text and find out more about their details.
How to stop sharing location without them knowing on an iPhone or iPad?
If you’re using an iPhone, there are a few different ways to stop sharing location without them knowing which are as below:
- Turn off location services for the specific app that you’re sharing your location with:
- Go to Settings > Privacy > Location Services and find the app.
- Then, you can either turn off location services for that app entirely or choose to only allow it to access your location when you’re using the app.
- Turn off sharing for specific people:
- Go to Settings > Privacy > Location Services > Share My Location.
- Select the people who you want to stop sharing your location with.
- Use Do Not Disturb mode to stop sharing your location:
When Do Not Disturb mode is enabled, all of your incoming calls and texts will be silenced, and your phone will not share your location with anyone. And you can simply enable that by going to Settings > Do Not Disturb and toggle it on. Be careful to disconnect your WiFi connection, too.
- Use Your Another iPhone:
It might seem interesting, but that is a great chance for iPhone users who want to stop sharing locations without anyone knowing. If you have a second iPhone, you can hide your current location by sharing the location from another iPhone:
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone and go to your Profile.
- Tap on the “Share My Location” option and turn it on.
- On the second iPhone, choose the ‘Find My’ app.
- Choose the “Me” icon and click on “Use this iPhone as My Location” and simply share this iPhone’s location with your friends.
- Using GPS Spoofer:
Also, there are some third-party apps and tools claim that can help you spoof location, such as Foneazy MockGo. While it is best to search well before using any of them, the below steps help you how they work:
- Download and install the Spoofer location app on your computer.
- Connect your iPhone to the computer and open the app.
- Choose the Teleport icon and enter your desired location or select an available option, and click “Move Here”.
- Setting A Virtual Location:
Finally, you can use third-party apps to simply send a virtual location and hide your real one, such as Tenorshare iAnyGo. The best point is that using such apps is so simple and you should only follow the below steps:
- Download the app on your computer, install and launch it.
- Connect your phone to your computer and select the Change Location icon.
- Choose your preferred address from the search bar and click on the Start to Modify address.
How to stop sharing location without them knowing on Android?
If you’re using an Android device and like to learn how to stop sharing location without notifying, there are two ways you can use them.
- Turn on Airplane Mode:
The most simple trick to stop sharing location is to use your phone’s Airplane Mode by following the below steps:
- Go to Settings on your home screen.
- toggle on the airplane mode icon.
- Swipe up the lock screen from the bottom part and go to the Control Panel.
- Tap the airplane icon on the upper part and wait until it changes its color.
- Stop sharing location on Android from Google Maps:
If you are still unsure how to stop sharing your location on Android because you believe your Android device makes it simple to share your location with anyone at any time, follow the below steps.
- Open the Google Maps app on your phone and choose your profile picture from the top right side.
- Choose Location Sharing and tap on the profile of the user you don’t wish to share your location with and simply select “Stop sharing location”.
Also, two other simple ways might be helpful to stop sharing your location with others if you are an Android user, such as:
- First way:
- Simply, open the Settings app on your device and tap on the ‘Location’ option.
- Then, find the ‘Sharing location’ section and tap on the person you want to stop sharing your location with.
- Finally, tap on the ‘Stop sharing’ option.
- Second way:
- Opening the Settings app and tapping on the ‘Security & privacy’ option.
- Then, find the ‘Location’ section and toggle off the ‘Location data’ option.
How to control how someone else can see your location?
There are different ways to control how someone else can see your location, and I will talk about the best of them here.
- Turning off location Sharing:
The first way is by going to your settings and turning off location sharing for that person and preventing others from being able to see your location at all.
- Use a Geofence:
Also, you can set up a “geofence”. This virtual fence could be set around your home, work, or any other location and enable you to share your location with only people who are inside the fence.
- Share your location with specific people at a special time:
You can also share your location with only certain people at certain times. For example, you could share it with your family during the day, but not at night, or with your friends on weekends, but not during the week.
How to tell If someone stopped sharing location?
Go to Find My application> choose the People tab> search for the person in the list of people who have shared their location and if his name was not there, that person has stopped sharing their location.
- Is iPhone Location tracking accurate?
The answer to this question would vary based on where you are and how strong or weak the GPS signals are.
- Can you fake your location on Find My iPhone
While the Apple company officially does not support it, some people use third-party apps and take this risk.
- Can someone still see your location on Airplane mode
The answer is yes if you have an active connected Wi-Fi connection.
- Can Your Phone Be Tracked If Location Services Is off?
In this case, tracking is harder, but not completely impossible, you can use more professional ways such as cell phone tower information, or public wi-fi providers snatching your MAC address.
- if I stop sharing my location with someone will they know
If you do it simply just a regular one, yes, the person will see a line in your texts that means “You stopped sharing location with X person”.
- Does Airplane Mode Turn off Location?
Airplane mode doesn’t turn off your phone’s built-in GPS, but it can affect the location-sharing services you download.
Previously, we talked about all details of sharing locations whether on iPhone or Android on iMessage or any other app and taught you to stop sharing location without them knowing. But if you have any other questions not answered yet, you can share them in the comments and we will try to find the best answer for you.