We all might sometimes face “user busy” message on iPhone”, which is normal and usually means that the person you are trying to call is on another call. But if you continuously face this message when you want to call a specific account or all your accounts, that might seem strange. And here, we want to go through a complete list of what does user busy mean and how you can solve this issue.
What does user busy mean?
Before I talk about the reasons you might face the “user busy” message, let’s see what does user busy mean, which is not hard to explain. Generally speaking, if you try to call someone and you face “user busy” on iphone, it means you can not successfully contact that person due to different reasons. For example, the person might be already on another call, has turned on Do Not Disturb, or is not taking calls at the moment.
By the way, in: “iphone keeps turning on and off” learn the steps you can take to fix your iPhone!
Why do I get “user busy iPhone”?
Previously, you read what does user busy mean on iPhone, and now you might look for the best way to remove it. So, the first thing you should do is to find the reason. Here are some of the most common items that might cause you to face such an error.
- You might receive a “user busy” message on iPhone due to heavy network traffic:
If you repeatedly see this message, the first point you should check is the active network servers. traffic is heavy. In this case, we guess you are facing one of the below items.
- Network servers are busy.
- Networking Lines are damaged.
- Excessive network interference
- You are in an area out of network servers coverages.
- You will receive a “user busy” message when the user is on another call:
Also, it is possible that the person you are trying to call is talking to someone else on another call. And the only way you will understand if that is the true case or not is to wait a few minutes and try calling later.
- You could receive a “user busy” message if that person set his phone on set to Do Not Disturb mode:
Another possible situation is that you are calling someone who is busy with something else, but does not like to turn off his phone and instead uses “Do not Disturb” mode. So, while your calls go through, you will not hear any ringing and instead see the “User Busy” message.
How to fix the ‘User Busy’ on iPhone?
Now that you know all details about the “user busy” message on iphone, what does user busy mean, and why you face it, you can simply choose the best solution to solve this case.
- Wait and call again
If you think the user you are trying to call is busy, the only resolution is to wait and call again after a few minutes.
- Check the network servers
Also, you can check the network servers and contact your network carrier support team to see if there is any problem with this case or not.
- Do Not Disturb Mode
And finally, if you guess you see the “user busy” message because of the “Do Not Disturb” mode, the best way is to send a message and tell it to the person.
- One app is stuck in a bad state.
If you are getting the “User Busy” error on your iPhone, it is most likely because you have an app that is stuck in a bad state. To fix this, you can try one of the following:
- Force quit the offending app: Double-press the Home button to bring up the multitasking view. Find the app that is causing the problem and swipe up on it to force it to quit.
- Reset your iPhone: Hold down the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button at the same time for about 10 seconds, until the Apple logo appears. This will restart your iPhone and hopefully clear up any problems with stuck apps.
- Restore your iPhone from a backup: If you have a recent backup of your iPhone, you can restore it from that using iTunes or iCloud. This will overwrite any existing data on your phone, so make sure to back up any important data first!
- Reset all settings: A more drastic option is to reset your iPhone’s settings. On your iPhone, go to Settings > General > Reset and select “Reset All Settings”. This will erase any changes you have made to the default settings but will not delete any personal data such as photos or texts.
- Contact Apple Support: If none of these methods work, you may need to contact Apple Support for further assistance.
Do you know what does user busy mean? Have you ever faced a “user busy iphone” and like to solve it? Do not freak out because usually this is not a complicated situation and you should not do anything technical. Only wait a few minutes because the person might be on another call, or using “Do Not Disturb” mode. And finally, you can check the network server and its possible problems. To learn more about the details of this topic, I suggest you read the above text more carefully.
- Does ‘User Busy’ Mean Blocked on iPhone?
Actually, no. As you read above, this is not among the possible reasons for receiving a “user busy” message. And if you were blocked by an iPhone user, your call will simply be disconnected without hearing any ringing or you will be sent to voicemail after one ring instead of receiving any notification.
- How can you tell if someone is busy on another iPhone?
When you call someone on their iPhone, you may hear a message that says the person is “busy.” This message indicates that the person is currently using their iPhone and cannot answer your call. If you continue to call the person, you will hear the busy signal.
You can use some apps like “Truecaller dialer”, which show if the person you are trying to call is talking to someone else or not.
- How do you know if someone blocked you on iPhone?
If you are blocked by any user, your iMessages and SMS will not be delivered, or you will be sent straight to Voicemail.
- What does it mean when you get a phone busy signal all the time
It can mean various things from being blocked to poor network, being out of range, and technical issues.
- How do you put your iPhone on busy?
If you’re like most people, you probably don’t want to be bothered by phone calls when you’re trying to focus on something else. Thankfully, there’s a way to put your iPhone on busy so that incoming calls will go straight to voicemail. Here’s how:
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Tap Do Not Disturb.
- Turn on the Do Not Disturb toggle switch.
- Tap the back button at the top of the screen when you’re finished.
Now, whenever someone tries to call you, they’ll hear a busy signal instead of being able to leave a voicemail.