Providing a good financial life is what we all look for. While some different ways and programs provide help to successfully manage our financial life terms, just some of them are helpful. And ngpf, the next gen personal finance is one of them. If you do not know who they are and what they do, keep reading until the end of this text and learn more about the details of this non-profit organization.
What exactly is next gen personal finance?
Before anything, I want to introduce the next gen personal finance in a short paragraph, which helps you better understand the next paragraphs and make your final decision to use or join this non-profit organization or not.
The whole program started in 2010 at Eastside College Prep in East Palo Alto, CA, and Tim Ranzetta volunteered to teach a personal finance course to high school students with the purpose that until 2030 all U.S. high school students have taken a one-semester finance course. After that, more than 51,000 teachers joined this program and used it as a one-stop shop for free curriculum, professional development sessions, and advocacy & support. No matter which school you are in, if you want to enhance the financial lives of the next American generation, you should know that ngpf step-by-step plans are the best option to develop financial education throughout the whole community.
Who started next gen personal finance?
As I have quickly mentioned above, everything starts from the volunteer action of Tim Ranzetta in 2010, who decided to teach a personal finance course to students of East Palo Alto, CA. After that in 2014, he met Jessica Endlich in New York City, and it was the official start of Next Gen Personal Finance as the first non-profit organization that teaches educators how to be financially successful and how to expand it among their high-school students.
What are next gen personal finance features?
All you read above was a complete definition and history of how ngpf was found. And to make this description more helpful, I prefer to talk about some of this organization’s main features, such as:
- It is always up-to-date, for example, based on the new economical changes, you can teach new lessons, such as important lessons about the extreme volatility of cryptocurrencies.
- This team also offers professional development in which you can cooperate with teachers and use different sources, like 1-hour Virtual PDs, 10-hour Certification Courses, and 1-hour On-Demand Modules, and get a certificate.
- A wide collection of lessons and resources with easy access to your personal finance dictionary
- Easy access to ngpf personal community through NGPF’s daily blog, FinLit Fanatics Facebook Group, and other social media channels.
- Categorized units, where you can simply find the lesson you want.
- Prizes and swag for learning online
- 401 K plans and various employer-matched funds
- Competitive salary that matches the top talents
- Annual employee learning & development allowance
- Weekly content; regular PD; expansive curriculum with videos, activities, and assessments.
- And the best point is the 100% free programs and units.
Next gen personal finance plans and pricing
In this paragraph, I want to talk a bit about the next gen personal finance plans and pricing.
- The next gen personal finance plans for students:
They have a comprehensive curriculum, which covers 12 units, such as:
- Behavioral Economics
- Paying for College
They are all offered in 9-week, semester, and full-year courses to high school and middle school students to build student financial capability. And the most important point is that all these curricula are offered at no cost.
- The next gen personal finance plans for teachers:
Also, you can join the ngpf academy as a teacher and use this professional development opportunity for free if you attend NGPF PDs, earn academy credits, reach the Academy milestones, and earn swag.
- The next gen personal finance personal plans:
More than Free curriculum and free teacher PD which are free to use, you can attend the personal finance courses at $60,000 per student in additional lifetime wealth, which results in a $36-to-$1 Return-On-Investment (ROI).
Next Gen Personal Finance Review
And finally, what can help you very much to make your final decision is to hear what other people think about this program. So, we have gathered a list of some random reviews about ngpf, such as:
- Ja’Von, High school graduate, class of 2020:
Personal Finance has helped me realize I need to build generational wealth. It’s not just about me becoming well-off, but also my kids and grandkids. That’s what compounding and investing can do for my family.
- Lila, High school graduate, class of 2023
Financial Education has drastically changed my life. I feel so confident in the fact that I will become independent in the future. It’s been such an empowering experience.
What are the 5 areas of personal finance?
- Create an Emergency Fund
- Budget for a car with cash.
In the above text, you read a complete description of next gen personal finance, known as ngpf, its founder, the history of this non-profit organization, features, and plans, and prices. Now, if you have any other questions you can contact them through their official site. Also, we will be happy to hear about your experiences below in the comments.