Keeping business or personal data secure and safe should be of the utmost importance, with an increase in the risk of cyber-attacks and data theft, these are some importance of keeping your data secure as well as the importance of using the right browser to achieve just that. The Importance of protecting business data cannot be overemphasized, but then we shall highlight a few of them. Keep calm while we walk you down the aisle.
- The integrity and reputation of your business would be kept safe. With the rampant increase in data theft as of the year 2010 to date, clients and customers should be able to safely submit their data with your business or company with assurance that their information would not be exposed to theft.
- Keeping data safe and secure would also protect the business from financial loss, which can be a result of inner and outer erosion of company image and structure.
- Cybersecurity and data safety is a widely increasing and growing field, this should be fully explored to ensure an environment safe for businesses, company data protection as well as personal data protection.
- Protecting business data also protects the reputation of your client. Anonymity and privacy are very important concepts in the internet world today, most clients wouldn’t even consider collaboration with your business if they think your database is not secure enough to protect their information.
- Prevention of loss of significant amounts of money: This is an increasing issue in the business world today, with a significant increase in hacking and cyber-scammers. Businesses and companies are being sued due to breaches in personal information of clients, avoidable mistakes and cover-ups have cost about $4.2b and counting in penalties and settlements
WHAT IS THE SAFEST WAY TO PROTECT YOUR DATA?
- Create a Data Stronghold: With an increase in the sneaky attacks of scammers and cyber thieves, a data stronghold or fortress would keep your devices and data secure. A data stronghold can come in the form of updated antivirus, anti-malware programs, and apps: systems, phones, and tablets should be kept up to date with antivirus programs and apps.
- Mozilla Firefox Plugin is a high-speed, free and fast VPN extension that puts a barrier between your data and an external invader. This is very important as it keeps all data safe and secure. Mozilla is one of the best browsers and in addition to that, it can be used with a VPN extension, making it the fastest free proxy, safe and secure. With the Firefox VPN plugin, your data and privacy will be shielded with utmost security while you surf the web. VPN as a key player when it comes to data security: Firefox VPN plugin is the combination of the Mozilla app and a VPN extension, which provides both anonymity and privacy to the user, secures your data, and encrypts your connection to the web. It is safe for your business, company, and personal data protection.
- Firewall: the use of a firewall seems essential in preventing outside or external forces from breaching in. Moreover, it prevents all forms of unauthorized access from breaching into your network.
- Two-factor authentication and token generation: this is also another way to keep data and information secure. Token generation and U2F authentication enable a thorough authentication of client or customer details before access to data is allowed.
- Encrypted Data: this is another way to protect your data. With encrypted data that requires a password for a code to break through, your business data is more secure, and an external breach would be unable to infiltrate the data. This is helpful because even in the case of data theft, all the data becomes “jargon” without the code or password.
- Data Monitoring and Reporting: a round-the-clock program or group of personnel that is skilled in the art of data monitoring and observation can be put in place to constantly observe and make when needed, appropriate reporting. Some of these programs can even have a built-in ability to immediately monitor data activity and notify necessary personnel or even clients themselves to secure their data.
- Data Backups: A good example of data backup is Google Drive and iCloud. These extensions can store and backup important data in the case of loss, data breach, system failure, or disaster. This enables a company or client to immediately refer to his or her backed up files in the off-site protected servers and this makes it easy to regain them. In a case where the files are not backed up, these files that contain sensitive and confidential data will be completely lost.
Data security is indeed a key aspect when it comes to company or personal data, and it is our job to ensure that our data as well as company data is secure and safely protected against cyber thieves and attacks. VeePN is the best Firefox VPN plugin that can feed all of your data privacy and security needs.