Text To Speech TikTok 2023: How to use it + Examples
Are you wondering how people add narration to their TikTok videos? If so, it means you need to know more about text to speech tiktok feature and how to get tiktok to read text. The tiktok text to speech option is a popular one because many TikTok users use it to make instructional or funny videos. Keep reading and learn more about how to do text to speech on tiktok, and how to use text to speech on tiktok. Also, here, you can read some of the most popular examples of tiktok voice to text.
How to do text to speech on tiktok on ios
Do you know how to add text to speech on TikTok on iOS? If your answer is negative, do not worry, just follow the below steps and learn how to do text to speech on tiktok.
- First update your TikTok to the last version
- Now, create your video.
- Tap the text icon and type a caption for the video.
- Next, select the speech icon and choose a voice for the text to be spoken.
- Then, click Done in the top-right corner.
How to do text to speech on TikTok on Android
If you are An android user, who likes to use the tiktok text to speech feature but does not know how, just read this paragraph, you will learn it in a second. While it is not much different from what iPhone users do, I tell the steps in summary again:
- First, record a video.
- Add some text and type it out.
- After that tap on the Done button at the top right of the screen.
- From there, select Text-to-Speech, a third icon looks like a talking head on the left side.
- Choose your favorite voice by tapping on it.
- Once the video is complete, save it and try again.
How to do Tiktok text-to-speech PC
As I have mentioned above, you can simply use text to speech tiktok feature by following some simple steps on Android and iPhone. But what will happen if you like to use this feature on PC? Actually, that is not a complicated process.
- Download TikTok on your desktop.
- Open TikTok and log into your account.
- Click the Upload Video button.
- Choose your video and do the rest like what you do on your phone.
How to choose the TikTok text-to-speech voice?
Previously, I have explained how to do text to speech on tiktok, and different ways of how to use text to speech on tiktok on iOS and Android devices. It might be interesting to know that the original text-to-speech TikTok voice belongs to Bev Standing, the famous Canadian voice actress. But there are several other options for voices you can choose as your favorite tiktok voice to text.
Now, I want to tell you how to change TikTok voice to text by following some simple steps:
- Choose the “text” option
- Write your text
- Now, you will see a speech icon on the left side of your selected font that you need to click on.
- Then choose any TikTok voice you like to read your text.
Why did TikTok text to speech voice change?
The first time TikTok rolled out the TikTok text to speech feature in 2020, and for a while, there was just one sound for TikTok voice to text. But suddenly, TikTok users reported that the voice had changed, and many became curious about its reason. While the TikTok company does not clarify the reason, we guess it might be due to the lawsuit that was filed in early May against Tiktok’s parent company, ByteDance.
5 Examples of TikTok text to speech videos
Finally, to make everything more attractive I want to show you how to use text to speech on tiktok and make funny videos, follow the below examples, and I suggest you visit the mentioned links:
- Mispronunciations: Add a snatch of comedy to your videos by using text to speech tiktok feature for an automaton mispronouncing simple words. An example is Nigella Lawson’s popular video, where she used the tiktok text to speech feature to pronounce microwave in a very peculiar way.
- Stacking captions: In this way, you use text to voice features to overlay captions and sounds on top of each other. Watch the fun video created by ma.safsIn and use the text to speech TikTok feature and show you can also stack sounds to make it seem like multiple people are talking at the same time.
- Internal monologue: An example of this kind of video is a person making a coat and showing his hundreds of thoughts while doing it.
- Impersonating celebrities: For example, a great music producer used this way and a special voice on the text-to-speech to make a song like Kanye West.
- Narration: Finally, if you are recording an instructional video, you can use this way to narrate what you are doing.
Text to speech tiktok not working 2022
Above here, you read about how to get tiktok to read text, but what will happen if it does not work? Here, I have gathered some of the best solutions you can try when your tiktok text to speech not working.
- First check if your TikTok is updated through the App store or Google play and if you see the “Update” button, tap it.
- Or you can go to your TikTok profile, click three lines above at the right corner of the page, choose setting and privacy and then “report a problem” option. Here, you can report your problem about tiktok voice to text.
Are there any apps rather than the tiktok text to speech?
Previously, you read about text to speech tiktok, and how to add text to speech on tiktok, but now I want to tell you that TikTok is not the only app with this feature. There are many other apps for both Android and iOS users, like Voice Dream Reader, NaturalReader Text to Speech HD, Aloud, and Voice Aloud Reader. Here, I have to add that while you can download some of these apps for free and use them instead of tiktok voice to text, you have to buy for some others and buy them.
If you are a fan of TikTok or you just started using this popular platform to share your videos with the whole world, you should know that tiktok text to speech feature is one of the best options this platform offers its users. Above here, we told you how to add text to speech on tiktok, and simply use this feature in some simple steps. Also, if you have a problem because the text to speech tiktok feature does not work on your phone, read the above text and find the best answers.