How to Conference Call on iPhone 2023? (+ Best Conference Call Apps)
Almost all iPhone users know that one of the best features and functionalities of their phone is that they can make a conference call iPhone. This feature is mainly popular because it supports up to five callers at one time. And while it is so easy to use, some of the new users or even iPhone fans might not know how to conference call on iPhone, so I invite you to keep reading until the end of this text and learn this process in the simple form with extra helpful data.
How to conference call on iPhone?
First, let’s talk about the basics you should know about setting up a conference call with your iPhone, which is simply summarized into five steps and you will connect in no time.
- Call someone, as the first number you want to meet and wait until the person answers.
- Now, choose the “add call” button which is a + sign from the bottom left side.
- So, you will call the second number, and now you should wait for him to answer.
- Select the “merge calls” button, which is a two-tailed arrow symbol, and begin the conference call.
- Finally, add more attendees by repeating the above steps.
How to remove a caller from a conference call on iPhone?
There is a great feature for these iPhone conference calls, which the beginner could easily remove any call participants by following the below steps:
- Tap on the “info” button from the top right side and find the light blue lowercase “i” inside a circle next to your callers’ names.
- Now, choose the red “end” button and remove anyone you want.
How to talk privately on an iPhone conference call?
Also, the conference call iPhone includes an extra useful option, which enables you to speak privately with one of the contacts on your list. If you want to pause your meetings or speak with an individual about an important talking point, you can follow the below steps and use the private talk feature:
- Choose the blue “i” or info button from the top right side of your screen.
- Start a private conversation by choosing the “private” button under the individual’s name or phone number.
Also Read: How to block no caller ID on iPhone?
Tips for preparing for a conference call on iPhone
Now that you know how to conference call on iPhone, let’s talk about some important tips that help you make everything better and more professional, such as:
- The first point, you should be careful about is preparing an agenda and sticking to it to capture the attention of participants and speed up the call. In this way, you know the call’s objective, and also you must have set a timeline for every topic.
- Also, you can use available conference call tools and make sure you are creating the best conference call, because the great tools offer interesting features, such as an option to mute participants, exclude noisy callers, and a sidebar conversation with specific participants.
- Finally, it would be a great idea to remind all participants and even yourself to press mute when you aren’t speaking to enhance the quality of your conference and help all contacts focus more.
Top 5 conference call services to make reliable conference calls?
One of the most important factors you should be always careful about if you want to make the best conference call iphone is choosing the right services to make reliable conference calls. And to help you at this point, we have gathered a list of the top five conference call apps, such as:
If you are looking for a free conference calling service, the first option I will suggest is GoToMeeting. This app offers great features, such as unlimited online meetings, screen sharing for up to three users, and free VoIP calls. Only make a free account, and host unlimited video calls online.
This platform is also perfect for those who like to download an app on their iPhone and easily make audio or video conferencing or send messages for free. Skype helps you make a conference call and host up to 25 Skype users.
- Cisco WebEx Meetings:
The third option is Cisco WebEx Meetings, which helps you join in on conferences using your iPhone and Apple Watch. An amazing feature of this service which highlight it among other options is that you can use it and view content and video simultaneously.
Almost all iPhone users at least have heard the name of Zoom service as one of the best conference-calling platforms. This app is famous for its amazing features, such as group messaging, audio, and video conferencing, and online meetings, where you can invite up to 50 contacts.
- Dialpad Meetings:
The last option I want to introduce is the more formal version of Google Hangouts, named Dialpad Meetings. If you choose this platform, you will benefit from free phone and VoIP audio for more than 10 participants and unlimited conferences, screen and document sharing, and call recording.
- iPhone conference call limit
Normally, iPhone users can have up to 5 participants on a conference call.
- How many calls can you merge on conference call iphone?
When you tap “Merge Calls” after your contacts answer, you can add only five people.
- Why can’t I merge calls on iPhone conference call?
The most possible reason is that your carrier does not support it, so, you should contact your carrier and ask for help.
- If you merge calls can the other person see?
Pay attention that only the person who initiated the call can see the involved contacts’ names.
How to conference call on android?
If you are an Android user and like to make a conference call, you should know that it is also simply possible for you by following the below steps:
- Find the first person you want to call from your contacts.
- Dial and wait until the person answers your call.
- Select “Add Call” to start changing a one-on-one conversation into a conference call.
- Find the second person and invite him, too by pressing the Dial button.
- Finally, choose the Merge calls icon and see that the three-way call is in progress.
- Add more contacts by repeating these steps.
In the above text we explained how to conference call on iPhone, and all its related details help you make the best conference call on your iPhone. If read the text and still have a not answered question, please comment below and we will find the best answer for you. Or you can contact the iPhone support team and ask for help to solve your issue.