Red dot on apple watch: What is it and How to get rid of it?
Here, I want to talk about one of the most common problems of iPhone users, the red dot on apple watch. If you are one of these users and are searching for a way to get rid of this red dot at top of apple watch, keep reading until the end because here I will talk about all details of this issue from the first until the end and answer important questions, like what does the red dot mean on my apple watch.
What is the red dot on my apple watch?
The first question I want to answer here is what does red dot on apple watch mean. Generally speaking, you will see a red dot at top of apple watch, when you have some pending notifications and it will remain there until you read or answer all these notifications. But if you always see the red dot on iphone, and it irritates you, go on and read more about tricks you can use to get rid of this red dot on apple watch.
How to get rid of red dot on apple watch?
Now that you know the answer to the “what does the red dot mean on my apple watch” question, it is time to go deeper and find out more about how you can remove the red dot at top of apple watch.
- Disable Notification on the Watch and get rid of the red dot on iphone:
This method will be useful for those who do not care about receiving notifications on their watch, so they can follow the below steps and stop the notifications for all apps.
- Swipe down your watch home screen to go to Notification Center.
- Select the notifications of the apps you like to undermine and swipe them to the left.
- Then choose the three dots and you will see two options.
- The first option is “Deliver Quietly” and if you choose it, you will only mute the notifications, while you will still see the red dot.
- And the second option is “Turn Off on Apple Watch” and if you choose it, you will not see the red dot anymore.
- You can do this process for any app you want.
Stop red dot on iPhone via app:
More important than knowing what does red dot on apple watch mean, is how to get rid of it. This is another way that helps you receive notifications but not see a red dot at top of apple watch.
- First, go to the “Watch App” on your iPhone.
- Select the “Notifications” choice beneath “My Watch”.
- Here, you will see a toggle switch next to the Notifications Indicator.
- Now, simply switch it off and you will not see the red dot on apple watch anymore.
Stop red dot on iPhone via the watch
This time, I want to show you how you can do method 2 without using an iPhone, just by using your Apple watch.
- Touch your watch screen and tap on the digital crown button, which is a physical circular button beside your watch.
- Now, you can see the app grid on your watch screen.
- Go to settings and select the notification settings choice, then toggle it off.
Why won’t the red dot on apple watch go away?
Previously you read what is the red dot on my apple watch, and different ways that you can use to get rid of it but what will happen if you did them all but were not successful in removing this red dot on apple watch? Here, I suggest you try to restart both your iPhone and your Apple Watch, and see if it solves your problem. If not, you can contact the Apple support team and ask for help from them.
- Apple watch series 3 red dot on dial
You might have heard about the Apple watch series 3 red dot on the dial, which is not related to what I have explained about what is the red dot on my apple watch. Here, I have to state that it refers to all models with LTE connectivity and means more expensive stainless steel and ceramic versions, which come with a red digital crown no matter what.
- Green dot at top of apple watch
If you see a green dot on your Apple Watch and you are wondering what it is, I have to say that it means the same as what does red dot on apple watch means. So if you see a green dot on your apple watch you will understand that you have new notifications.
- Yellow dot on apple watch
The yellow dot on your Apple Watch is a battery indicator. When you see the yellow dot, it means that your watch is running low on battery and needs to be charged. You can charge your watch by connecting it to a power source using the included magnetic charging cable. The yellow dot will disappear when your watch is fully charged.
If you are an iPhone user, who is bothered by the red dot on his watch, you should know that it is to show you have some new notifications, and you can simply get rid of them by disabling notifications on your apple watch and some other tricks. To know all about what does the red dot mean on my apple watch, and how you can remove this, read the above text in detail.