Have you ever thought about trucking business or starting a trucking company? The first point that might come to mind is that I do not have enough money or experience to start this company. It might be hard to believe, but many successful trucking companies you know have started the same without their owners putting in any money. Keep reading and learn how to start a trucking company with no money, or how to start a trucking company without driving experience. Also, we will point to some of the best trucking companies to work for with no experience, the best trucking business plans, and some of the trucking company name ideas.
Is starting a trucking company profitable?
Before going through how to start a trucking business or how to become a truck driver, let’s find the answer to another important question. Is starting a trucking company profitable? Here, the general answer is Yes. Owning a trucking company is profitable, but like all other businesses, your profit and success depend on different options like your trucking business plans. For example, if you own a fully legally compliant and manage it well, you can say that your trucking business is very profitable.
How much does it cost to start a trucking company?
When you are here, it means you are looking for the answer to the question “how to start a trucking company with no money”? But first, we have to find out how much does it cost to start a trucking company.
The initial cost you should consider when you decide starting a trucking company is about $6,000 to $15,000, which is only for registration and formation documentation. There is another item called IRP or International Registration Plan, which will cost around $500 to $3,000 per truck. Also, you have to pay $100 to $600 per truck for Heavy Vehicle Use Tax and a permit. And the additional state-specific tax would be $500 per truck.
How to start a trucking company?
Know that you know how much does it cost to start a trucking company, you might like to know how to start a trucking business? Here, I want to explain the process of starting a trucking company in ten steps.
- Setting your trucking business plan
- Turn your shipping company into a legal entity
- Record your Trucking Company for Taxes
- Run a specific Business Bank Account & Credit Card
- Establish Accounting for your Trucking Company
- Get the permits and licenses required by your shipping company
- Get insurance for the shipping company
- Define the brand name of your shipping company (I will talk about trucking company names in the next paragraphs)
- Develop a website for your trucking business company
- Set up a Phone System for your business
How to start a trucking company with no money?
Previously, you read about the general and normal rules of starting a trucking company and setting a trucking business plan. Now, I want to show you how to start a trucking company with no money. Below, I have gathered a list of the most useful solutions which you can use when you do not have any money but you like to have your own trucking business.
- First, you have to register your trucking company and obtain the required permits because, without these legal documents and permits, you can not go to a lender for business financing.
- Then you have to create your trucking business plan because it is the only way to convey your business loans and help lenders understand your approach. Your trucking business plan should include options like:
- An executive summary
- A company overview
- Market analysis
- Business goals and strategy
- Now, it is time to choose your truck, do not worry that you have no money because, with commercial truck financing, you’re free to decide on the type of vehicle you want to purchase.
- Finally, you have to choose a lender. Here are two options to choose from, working with online lenders or banks.
How to start a trucking company without driving?
Previously, you read about the steps of how to start a trucking company with no money, now let’s see how to start a trucking company without driving. Like before, I will explain this case in some steps:
- First, you have to prepare your trucking business plan
- Meet the requirements to register a trucking company
- Financing your first truck
- Get insurance (Until here, the steps were like the general rules that I told above, but from now it is especially for the time that you want starting a trucking company without driving.)
- Hire CDL Drivers
- Find your first loads and clients.
How to start a trucking business with one truck?
Now that you know how much does it cost to start a trucking company, you might think that you can just afford the costs of one truck. If you are wondering how to start a trucking business with one truck, keep reading. Here, I want to say that it is possible to start your trucking business just with one car. And if you want to know how to start a trucking company with one car, I have to say that the process is the same as normal. To know more about the steps read the fourth paragraph.
The only point that I have to mention about how to start a trucking business with one truck is the types of trucking companies you can start with a single truck.
- Semi-Truck Businesses: This option is perfect if you like to transfer large loads over long distances.
- Box Truck Businesses: As a person who wants to go the box truck route, you can choose among different options such as regional trucking business, local delivery business, and moving business.
- Cargo Van Businesses: Also, there are different types of cargo van businesses, like food delivery, retail goods delivery, moving business, delivering flowers, and so on.
How to become a truck driver?
When you are searching about how to start a trucking business, more important than how to start a trucking company with no money, or how much does it cost to start a trucking company is how to become a truck driver. While you have learned how to start a trucking company without driving, some of you might like to drive trucks. If you are among this group, you have to follow the below steps to become a truck driver.
- Meet the exact conditions
- Go to the truck driving school
- Pass the licensing exam
- Pass the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) test
- Find an entry-level job
- Finish your orientation
- Pass the job training course
- Pass the company’s road examination
What are the best trucking companies to work for with no experience?
Previously, you read about how to start a trucking company with no money, how to start a trucking company without driving, and how to start a trucking business with one truck. But what about those people who do not like to start their own trucking business, and just want to work somewhere as a beginner truck driver. This paragraph is for you. Here, I want to introduce the five best trucking companies to work for with no experience.
- The first option is Roehl, which is located at 1331 North Road Suite 200 Green Bay, WI 54313, and you can contact them at 715-591-7021 phone number or [email protected] email.
- Also, you can find a job as an inexperienced truck driver in Schneider National, which is located at 3101 Packerland, Green Bay, Wisconsin 54313. You can contact them at (800) 447-7433 phone number, or through the Schneider National official site.
- U.S. Xpress Enterprises, Inc, which is located at 4080 Jenkins Rd, Chattanooga, TN 37421 is another of these companies. You can contact them at (866) 576-2979 phone number, or through their site.
- Werner Enterprises is the next company that I want to introduce here, located at 14507 Frontier Road, Omaha, NE 68145. Their phone number is (402) 895-6640, and you can contact them through the Werner website.
- C.R. England Inc is the last option that I will introduce for non-experienced truck drivers. This company is located at 4701 W 2100 S, Salt Lake City, UT 84120 and you can contact them at (800) 453-8826 phone number or [email protected] email.
Some trucking company names (Name Ideas)
Finally, after talking about all the details of starting a trucking company, such as how to start a trucking company with no money, how to start a trucking company without driving, and how to start a trucking business with one truck, it is time to think about the best trucking company names. Here, I have gathered a list of the most creative trucking company name ideas, which you can not miss.
- Purple Secrets
- Avonn Trucking Co.
- Roadway Express
- Cromonn Shifting
- urban Track Freight co
- Trucker’S Road
- Wagner Logistics
- Quzz Trucking Co.
- The Future Of Trucking
- Tracked Trucking
- Whiteflag Freight System
- SevenBoat Trucking Co.
- The Trucking Crew
- Road Ready
- Clipper America Inc.
- Truck motion Riders
- Freeport Logistics
- Millennial Trucking
- Action Freights
- Discount Trucking
- Enesta Trucking Co.
- Logistic Links
- Dart Transit Company
- Teamwork Express
- Interstate Trucking
- Declared Destination
- Minute By Minute
- Mach 1 Global Service
- Intended Arrival
- Swift Intermodal Yard
If you are a fan of the trucking business, you are at the right place. I have written the above text for those truck lovers who have some trucking business plans and are looking for how to start a trucking company. There, you can read about all details such as the best trucking company name ideas, trucking business plan, best trucking companies to work for with no experience, how to become a truck driver, and how much does it cost to start a trucking company. Also, I show the best ways how to start a trucking company with no money, how to start a trucking company without driving, and how to start a trucking business with one truck.