How to Get More Instagram Likes & Comments
Instagram doesn’t have a chronological algorithm anymore; posts are organized by engagement rates. It means that if your posts get more likes and comments, they will show up higher the newsfeed.
And as you know, appearing higher in news feed will boost your engagement. Therefore, More comments can show the effectiveness of your Instagram strategy. On all social media platforms, you have two main types of engagements. One of them is very easy to get including likes, repins, shares, retweets, etc. All they need is one or two clicks.
While the other type, comments, needs a bit more of a time investment from the audience. Thus, if you get more comments, it means that your audience like your content a lot.
Why do Instagram likes and comments matter?
If you are a fan of Instagram, you might hear that users say: likes are really important to become successful in this field. Social media advisors offer you different ways to get likes and comments.
- The first point is that new Instagram likes and comments show the client that things are working and send a positive signal for the customer.
- You can use it as important social proof to show your page’s popularity to others.
- It could work as a way to keep your Community fresh. New likes and comments help reinvigorate a dead fanbase.
- As people like and comment on your Instagram posts, they help you widespread it to more people. These likes and comments affect how your post comes up in the search bar.
- If you know how to keep the new followers engaged and use them to increase your sales rate, every new like is a future potential business.
How to get more likes on Instagram?
Now that you know about the importance of Instagram likes and comments, you might want to know how to get more likes on Instagram?
- Act as a professional content creator and publish unique feed and Story posts that people could not find anywhere else.
- There are many different Instagram likes apps that you can use to attract numerous followers in a short time.
- Be careful about the time you want to post your content. You can read different studies to find this golden time.
- Find the hashtags that somebody who is likely to be interested in your kind of Instagram posts uses mostly.
- Start engaging with people using the same hashtags as you and put a comment or like their posts.
- You can tag different users who might like your post or are directly related to it.
- Post consistently because studies show that people who post seven or more posts a day get more likes than those who send just one a day.
- You can find your audiences on other platforms (email lists, other social media platforms, website forums, etc.) and announce them about your Instagram.
- There is another helpful way, which will cost you. But if you pay for ads, they bring people to your Instagram page, and they will increase your like rate.
Today I’m going to show you the different methods you can use to get more comments on Instagram.
1- Choose the users’ favorite contentf
A few months ago, I did a trial on myself, to see which kind of content people would like more, and they engage more. I started analyzing some Instagram profiles, and I found that if people like a photo or video on that profile more, they would be interested in the same everywhere. Let’s expand this topic.
Imagine an Instagram account related to movies or series. You can share the associated photos like celebrities. Now, visit some of the stars’ Instagram accounts, or accounts related to film making, cinema, etc. find the picture, or video that people viewed, commented, liked more.
Now, the secret here is that if you share the same on your account, it gets more likes, and comments, or views too! Yes, it does work.
With this simple trick, I could increase the engagement rate from 1.6% to more than 4.8 percent.
To get more likes and comments, you should follow the people’s needs or what they might be interested in more.
But how to find the more liked, commented content? Thanks to the technology and coding that makes it easy for us, the fond which content was most popular in an Instagram account. If you search the web, you can get some free Instagram profile analyzer that helps you to find the best content of an Instagram profile.
You can also do It with an Instagram search tool like Instazood. It would find the best content based on their number of likes, or the number of followers of Instagram owners. There are some other factors that you can use in filters such as language, number of followers, hashtags. The picture below shows the sample of the Instazood search tool dashboard.
So, you can find the essential content through the Instagram search tool, and repost them in your Instagram account. You can also get an idea that what a post or content can be when sharing on this social media.
These all help you to show the in-demand or fantastic content to your audiences, and they would love it.
2- Instagram bot for more engagement
One of the main advantages of the Instagram bot is increasing engagement rates, such as the number of likes, comments, and save or share. Why is that? When using an Instagram bot, it increases the number of profile visits. Instagram users visiting your profile, visit your posts too. So, they like, insert a comment, and engage in the content. This will automatically change your Instagram likes and comments.
3- Ask for more comments in your caption
Calls to action have always had a good effect on Instagram updates. You can add something like ‘Please comment’ or ‘Leave a comment’ to your captions. If you don’t want to ask for comments directly, you can ask questions from your followers instead.
For example look at this post from Sumome. Instead of directly asking followers to comment, they just asked this question: ‘What do you choose?’, as the overlay text on the post picture mentions the two options people have when they wake up every day.
4- Ask questions with text overlay on your photo
If you want to ask a question to trigger a response, you should add an interesting question as overlay text to your Instagram post image instead of writing it in your caption.
Instagram is all about pictures. So, People mainly use it to look at quality pictures. This platform is created to drive more attention towards the photos of the posts too. Look at the above post from Summer for instance. The picture occupies most of the space while the caption holds only a portion.
5- Respond to their comments
As we mentioned before, it takes a bit o effort when people leave a comment on your post. They have to think and come up with an answer and spend some time typing it.
So, it would help if you appreciate their effort by responding positively. Thank them for leaving a comment and reply to them with an answer if they asked a question. If you reply to comments, it will encourage your followers to leave more in the future, and it will improve your relationship with your audience.
Stella Parks usually responds to comments made on her Instagram posts. That’s why she gets a lot of comments.
6- Run comment contests
If you want to get more comments on your Instagram posts, you can run a ‘tag to win’ or ‘comment to win’ Instagram contest.
All people need to do to take part in these contests is leave a significant comment on one of your posts or tag someone in the comments. Both these contests can immediately get you many comments.
Wrapping it up
These are the top techniques you can perform to get more comments on Instagram. All of them are easy to execute and wouldn’t take up too much of your time. After you start getting more comments from your followers, you should analyze your Instagram posts to understand which methods are getting you the most replies.
How do you get more comments on Instagram? Do you apply any methods that are different from the ones mentioned above? Please leave your comments below.