Whether you’re traveling abroad, in a rural area, or at home and using your smartphone for its GPS capabilities to find where you are or guide you, knowing if wifi calling iPhone is turned on is important. Like many people, you might have been wondering how to make and use wifi calling iPhone. Keep reading this article to find out more about the best way for you to add Wi-Fi Calling iPhone, including how to enable wifi calling on iPhone on your iOS device.
What is wifi calling iPhone?
WiFi calling iPhone is a feature that allows you to make and receive calls over a WiFi connection instead of using your cellular data for minutes. This can be handy in situations where you have poor cell reception or are trying to save on your monthly data usage.
To use WiFi calling on your iPhone, you will need to have a compatible carrier and plan. Not all carriers support WiFi calling, so you’ll need to check with yours to see if it’s available. Once you’ve confirmed that your carrier does support WiFi calling, you can enable it in the Settings app.
How to enable wifi calling on iPhone?
Assuming you have an an iPhone 6 or later, here are the steps on how to enable wifi calling on iphone:
1. Go to Settings > Phone.
2. Select Wi-Fi Calling.
3. Toggle Wi-Fi Calling on This will search for networks that offer the best signal strength and have the lowest possibility of dropped calls. One thing to remember is that if you move out of a wifi area during a phone call, your call will drop unless you have LTE calling turned on as well.
4. Tap Add Wi-Fi Calling For Other Devices if you want to add a non-iPhone device, like an iPad, to make and receive wifi calls.
5. If you live in the United States, Puerto Rico, or U.S Virgin Islands, are using iOS 8 or later on your iPhone 5c or later (all other models), and have activated Wi-Fi Calling with your carrier, then you can use these steps to turn on Emergency Bypass:
6. Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
7. Tap Phone > Wi-Fi Calling.
8. Turn on the switch next to Allow Emergency Calls on Other Networks if it’s not already green and in the ON position
9.- To test if the wifi calling iphone is working as it’s supposed to, open up the Phone app and dial *#5005*7672# (*#5005*STATUS#). After that information appears on your screen, hang up the phone call then numbers with a plus sign
How to make a wifi calling iPhone?
Assuming you have an iPhone 6 or later, making calls over Wi-Fi is easy. Just follow these steps:
1. Make sure that Wi-Fi Calling iPhone is turned on in your phone’s settings. You can find this setting under Phone > Wi-Fi Calling.
2. Connect to a Wi-Fi network.
3. Place a call like you normally would using the Phone app. The call will automatically be routed over Wi-Fi.
If you have an iPhone 5c or earlier, you’ll need to download and install the carrier’s specific app in order to place calls over Wi-Fi. Once the app is installed, follow the instructions provided by your carrier to set up Wi-Fi calling on your device.
Wifi calling iPhone costs
If you have an iPhone, you can now make calls over a wifi connection instead of using your cellular minutes. This is great news for those who have poor cell service or live in areas with bad reception. But how much does it cost to enable wifi calling iphone?
Here’s a breakdown of the costs associated with wifi calling iphone:
- If you have an unlimited data plan, there are no additional costs for using wifi calling.
- If you have a limited data plan, you will be charged for the data used while making calls over a wifi connection. The amount of data used will depend on the length and quality of the call. For example, a five-minute call will use about 2MB of data.
- There may also be charges from your carrier for making calls to international numbers or premium numbers (such as 1-800 numbers). These charges will be the same as if you were making a regular phone call.
Overall, the cost to enable wifi calling iPhone is very reasonable, especially if you have an unlimited data plan. And if you live in an area with poor cell reception, it can be a lifesaver
Wifi calling iPhone not working
If your wifi calling iPhone isn’t working, there are a few things you can do to troubleshoot the issue. First, check to make sure that you have a strong wifi signal. If you’re in an area with a lot of interference or poor signal strength, that can cause problems with wifi calling.
Next, make sure that your phone is connected to the correct wifi network. If you’re not sure which network your phone is connected to, try disconnecting from all networks and then reconnecting to the one you want to use for wifi calling.
Finally, if your phone is still not working with wifi calling, contact your carrier or Apple for support.
What happens if I lose my WiFi connection while on an iPhone WIFI calling?
WiFi Calling iPhone uses Voice over IP (VoIP) to make calls instead of using the carrier’s cellular network. This means that if your WiFi connection is lost or poor, the call will be dropped. However, if you have a good LTE connection, your call will be handed off to the cellular network and will not be dropped.
How do I make sure I’m only using iPhone WiFi calling?
If you’re using an iPhone, after you enable wifi calling iphone, there are a few ways to make sure that you’re only using WiFi calling. One way is to go into your settings and make sure that the “Cellular Data” for Phone is turned off. That way, your phone will only use WiFi when making calls.
Another way to ensure that you’re only using WiFi calling is to look for the “Wi-Fi Calling” indicator in the status bar. This appears when you make or receive a call over a Wi-Fi connection.
And finally, you can also check your recent call history to see if any of your calls were made over a Wi-Fi connection. To do this, simply open the Phone app and tap on the “Recents” tab. Any calls made over Wi-Fi will be marked with a ‘Wi-Fi’ icon next to them.