Facebook was the first social network to surpass 1 billion registered accounts and currently sits at more than 2.6 billion monthly active users. There are more active users than any other social platform, making it easier to keep in touch with friends and family. See the step-by-step guide to setting up your own Facebook page.
Like every other platform, Facebook occasionally suffers outages due to traffic overload. This article guides you by determining whether Facebook is down or whether you should contact your ISP.
- Close the app from background applications and try reopening it
- Logout and log back in again
- Make sure you have a stable internet connection.
It may be due to internet disconnection. So, find several ways to test your internet connection. If you are disconnected, then it is best to contact your ISP service. If it did not work, try the other methods.
- Restart your phone (if you are using the mobile app)
- Check DownDetector or similar websites.
You can visit Downdetector, Is It Down Right Now?, or similar websites for more information on downtimes and their locations. You can also report Facebook problems to these websites and follow the pattern of similar issues on graphs and charts.
- Check Facebook’s official account on Twitter
Companies usually post on Twitter or other social media when there are issues or outages in specific locations. Additionally, you could also ask around, tweet it or post about it on other apps to see if other users experienced the same issue?
- Try Facebook on other platforms
The Facebook app sometimes does not respond correctly, while the web version works fine. If it does not resolve on its own after some time, try the following strategies.
- Update your app
Bugs are not unheard of. This can be fixed by checking the app store for updates. If there were not any, and it appears to be a bug, feel free to report it on the official Facebook page here: https://www.facebook.com/help/1126628984024935.
- Uninstall and reinstall the app
Consider using this method, especially if you have trouble with smaller devices like your smartphone or tablet.
- Use a VPN
You might get lucky with this depending on the specific issue you have, but it is worth a shot. Download a free VPN or use a Chrome extension.
- Check out Facebook Help Center
Although we introduced the most useful methods, you can still get help from Facebook help center articles.
- Clear app cache
There are a few methods to delete the Facebook cache.
How to fix Facebook down on iPhone?
- Open the Facebook app on your iPhone.
- Tap on the More button at the bottom and open the Settings
- Select Account Settings and scroll down to Browser.
- Click Clear Data to clear your phone’s cookies and cache from websites you’ve visited while using the Facebook app.
How to fix Facebook down on Android?
- Open the Settings.
- Tap on Apps.
- Tap on the Facebook app.
- Tap Storage.
- If your device runs Android 10, tap Storage & cache.
- Tap Clear cache.