The rapid evolution of our tech world has led to the introduction of new and faster cables for your devices. While Micro USB cables are still widely used for charging Android devices, phones, cameras, and more, especially for kits manufactured before 2015, their time is limited as the newer USB-C versions become more popular. It’s worth considering whether you want to use a Micro USB cable or buy a USB-C cable before your purchase!
Amazon Basics Double Braided Nylon Micro B CableBest overall
NZ3382 5 Meter USB Male-to-Male microUSB ChargeBest price
ZTGD Data Cable, 90 Degree 1m Micro USB Fast ChargingBest expensive
Anker Powerline+Micro USB
Rampow Micro USB Cable
Deegotech Micro USB Cable
USB-C is the latest and greatest USB connector standard, released in 2014. It offers a number of advantages over its predecessors, Micro USB and Mini USB.
First and foremost, USB-C is much faster than either Micro USB or Mini USB, with a maximum data transfer rate of 10 Gbps. It’s also much more versatile, able to carry not only data but also power and video signals. And because it’s reversible, you no longer have to worry about plugging it in upside down!
You can also read: 6 best electric portable blenders to buy in 2022
So why would anyone still use Micro USB? Well, there are a few reasons. First, Micro USB is still widely used in mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets. Second, it’s generally less expensive than USB-C cables and connectors. And finally, some people simply prefer the smaller size of Micro USB over the larger USB-C connector.
Here are the top 6 micro USB cables in 2022:
1. Amazon Basics Double Braided Nylon USB 2.0 A to Micro B Cable
When it comes to charging your devices or connecting them to each other, you want the best quality and durability possible. This 10-foot Amazon Basics USB 2.0 A Male to Micro B cable is made of braided nylon that resists damage and tangling. Plus, it’s been tested to bend up to 90 degrees 10,000 times with no breakage, so you can be confident knowing your cables will stay tangle-free, handy, and ready for use. With a lifetime warranty, this investment is one you’ll never regret.
- 10-foot length is convenient for many uses
- Double-braided nylon exterior is durable
- Cable is tested to be bendable and not easily broken
- USB 2.0 A Male to Micro B connection is compatible with many devices
- Strap prevents tangling
- 10-foot length might be too long for some uses
- USB 2.0 A Male to Micro B connection might not be compatible with all devices
- Strap might not prevent tangling for all users
2. NZ3382 5 Meter USB Male-to-Male micro USB Charge
The 5-meter USB male-to-male micro USB charge allows you to connect your USB devices to a computer, laptop, or other powered USB port for charging. The cable is 25% shorter than the average USB to micro USB cable, which makes it convenient for travelers who want to keep their cables close by but don’t want it taking up too much space in their bags. It has a durable design and features a fast-charging capability that can provide a higher current of 500mA.
- Fast charge
- Compatible with most devices
- Easy to use
- Plug and play
- May require an adapter for international use
- Outlets and voltage may differ internationally
- Not all devices are compatible
3. ZTGD Data Cable, 90 Degree 1m Micro USB Fast Charging
ZTGD Data Cable is a data cable that helps you to easily charge your devices. It has double elbows which means it will not get in the way of your mobile phone when you are using it horizontally. This data cable can support quick charging and transmission because it has a pure copper wire core of up to 2.5A. It makes sure that the quality and durability of the ZTGD Data Cable is very high-quality through its PVC material. The length of the data cable is 1m, so it is perfect for those who need a long cord on their device.
- Fast charging
- 1m Length
- Fast data transmission
- Limited length
- Can be easily lost or misplaced
- May not be compatible with all devices
4. Anker Powerline+Micro USB
The Anker Powerline+Micro USB charging cable is the best option for those looking to charge their phone quickly and conveniently. The cable is long and super strong, with integrated Kevlar fibers and heavy reinforcement at the stress points to ensure longevity. This means that you can use it while charging your phone, allowing you to talk on the phone or use it as you normally would. It also supports fast charging and syncing speeds.
- Fast charging and syncing speeds
- Kevlar fibers for reinforcement
- Can be difficult to use with some phone cases
- Not as widely compatible as some other cables
- More expensive than some alternatives
5. Rampow Micro USB Cable
Rampow’s Micro USB cable is a top-tier cord that’s not only been built for the future but has been created to last. It supports QC 3.0 fast charging, so it won’t take forever to charge your devices. But that’s not what makes this cord special – it’s made with a nylon-braided textile that’s reinforced by an aluminum shield and designed to withstand greater stress than other cables.
- Nylon-braided textile reinforcement
- Aluminum shield
- Works with a variety of devices
- May not be compatible with all devices
- Micro USB is not as common as USB-C
- Cable is relatively short
6. Deegotech Micro USB Cable
This high-quality Micro USB cable is just what you need to charge your device. It’s available in packs of 1, 3, or 6 cables, so you can always have extras on hand when needed. The pack includes six 10-foot cables, which is the ideal length for a variety of situations, and these cables are compatible with all devices that support quick charging. With its compatibility with quick-charging standards, 10-foot length, and 12-month warranty, this Micro USB cable will not disappoint.
- 12-month warranty
- Comes in a pack of three
- 10 feet long
- Compatible with fast charging
- Could be longer for some purposes
- Not compatible with all devices
- Can be difficult to insert into some devices
Advantages of Micro USB cables
- Micro USB cables are more affordable than USB-C cables.
- Micro USB cables are more widely available than USB-C cables.
- Micro USB cables are compatible with more devices than USB-C cables.
Disadvantages of Micro USB Cables
USB-C cables are the new standard for charging and transferring data, but they’re not perfect. Here are some of the disadvantages of using Micro USB cables:
- They’re not as durable as other types of cables. Micro USB cables are prone to breaking or fraying easily.
- They’re not compatible with all devices. Many newer devices use USB-C, so you may need to buy a new cable if you upgrade your phone or tablet.
- They’re more expensive than other types of cables. USB-C cables typically cost more than Micro USB cables.
Alternatives to Using Micro USB Cables
If you’re looking for alternatives to using micro USB cables, there are a few options available. One option is to use a mini USB cable. Mini USB cables are smaller in size and can be more convenient to use in some situations. Another option is to use a Lightning cable. Lightning cables are used for Apple devices and can be found at most electronics stores. Finally, you can also use a standard USB cable. Standard USB cables are larger in size but can be found at most electronics stores as well.