According to the official statistics of Q4 2020, more than 66% of smartphone shipments in the United States belong to the iPhone series, estimating more than 240 million particular devices only in the US. Since we have a very commonly used device on the table, we also have some prevalent issues any iOS user can encounter one day in their life.
One of the human-associated problems, when we come to smartphones is forgetting your screen code or locking pattern for any reason. Nevertheless, the mentioned issue can get worse and more nerve-racking when the device of interest is an iPhone, or his chubby brother, an iPad!!! So, how to reset iPhone without password? The tutorial in front of you is going to answer these questions;
- How to reset iPhone without password?
- How to factory reset iPhone without password for free?
- The apps to help us reset iPhone without password
- How to factory reset iPhone without password without computer?
Is it possible to reset iPhone without password?
Some guys anywhere on this planet think getting amnesia about their iPhone’s passcode means they have to spend a buck of dollars to break the strong password by an expert or a hacker or, at last, say goodbye to their lovely smartphone. The words I can say here to these people can be, “you are completely wrong!!!!”
A password is set to defend against security threats at the beginning of its life, and one day, it has to be removed for a new guest to come. In the following paragraphs, you will find out how to reset iPhone without password, or in other words, how to factory reset iPhone without password.
How to reset iPhone without password?
When you have a critical issue like forgetting your iPhone Screen Passcode or something similar, it means that you are in big trouble, but not as tricky as an “impossible” mission. In fact, the world of iOS is knotted with a scroll of complex problems and “easier than you think” solutions. How to factory reset iPhone without password? No need to wait for even a second more since it is time to get the idea of how to reset iPhone without a password by utilizing these ultra-efficient methods;
- Find My iPhone
The first solution when I think about a locked iPhone is using “Find My iPhone.” To be honest, you will find this method not the hardest thing to do, but it does require a few steps. How to factory reset iPhone without password using Find My iPhone? Follow these items;
- Firstly, log into the Find My iPhone site via your iCloud Account.
- You need to type in the Apple ID and the account password. You won’t need your iPhone passcode, but typing your Apple ID is an obligation.
- Choose your iPhone device from the device list, click on the “Erase iPhone” option, and confirm the process later.
- Finally, you are able to access your device and create a new passcode.
In the following method, you can reset your iPhone password with the help of a computer and access iTunes. This solution will only be available if you have previously synced your device to iTunes. How to reset iPhone without password by iTunes?
- Connect your iPhone device to your PC with a USB cable and open iTunes. You need to go to Summary from the left-side menu.
- In the menu, find the “Restore iPhone” option and click on it. Confirm your choice in the new pop-up window and restore your iPhone. This will take a while, so you need to be patient.
- Finally, and hopefully, your smartphone is now free of the previous password and is ready for a new one.
This method only works for you if you have previously done an iCloud backup in the past. It is not so obvious, but it will only work if you have the “Find my iPhone” feature enabled on your iPhone to allow Apple to identify your phone and you as the correct user. How to reset iPhone without password using iCloud?
- Firstly, go to the pathway Settings > General > Reset, and click on the “Erase All Content and Settings” button.
- After restarting your device, you will be taken to the classic “Hello” screen and need to go through a few steps just as if the phone was brand new.
- As you are presented with the “Apps Data” screen, click on the “Restore from iCloud Backup” option. You need to select the “Choose Backup” tab afterward.
- You will have your iPhone fresh again after a minute or two.
- Using a third-party app
Suppose you think resetting your iPhone manually is more of a time-consuming process than a cost-effective one. In that case, third-party apps on the internet can also be an alternative solution for busy users or those who are couch potatoes!!! The following sections in this guide will show how to reset iPhone without password using six different software.
Are there any apps to reset iPhone without password?
To conquer a region, you need to wear armor and get a glorious sword to facilitate the assault process, so we can also use some third-party apps to reach the goal of removing our problematic passwords from our iPhones. There are lots of apps and tools with different versions of features and abilities right now on the internet, but like in real life of the people, only a few of them deserve to be mentioned.
To get more engaged in what we are talking about right now, I am going to share the top six apps to help you with resetting your iPhone without password in detail;
- TunesKit iPhone Unlocker
For iPhone users, there is almost nothing easier to reset their iPhone without password with TunesKit iPhone Unlocker, a powerful app designed for this purpose. It is safe to say that this is one of the most time-saving tools you can find to unlock passcode across iOS devices. By far, Tuneskit iPhone Unlocker is the smoothest tool that you can ever use for iPhone unlocking. How to reset iPhone without password with the help of TunesKit iPhone Unlocker? Take this guide below;
- Firstly, download and install TunesKit iPhone Unlocker on your device.
- Once you launch the program on your PC, you need to connect to your computer and click on the “Start” button.
- Put your iPhone on DFU or recovery mode and after that, click on the “Forward” button to continue the process.
- Now, you need to download and set the matching firmware package for your iPhone.
- After finishing the downloading task, click on the “Unlock” button to unlock your iPhone without a passcode.
- Finally, disconnect your iPhone from your computer and restart your device to start a new day!!!
If you are looking for an easy-to-operate app to bring your iPhone` everyday life back to you in just three steps, AnyUnlock is the plumber you need for outworn pipes of the household. You don’t necessarily have to be well acknowledged of the technical aspects because it makes the entire process super simple. Also, a list of advanced technologies and 24/7 support all year round is waiting for you here. How to factory reset iPhone without password with AnyUnlock? Here we go;
- As usual, you need to download and install AnyUnlock on your computer.
- Once you have done, launch the program and choose the “Unlock Screen Passcode” option on the main screen.
- Connect your device to the computer with a USB cable and download the matching iOS firmware.
- Finally, click on the “Unlock Now” button to easily remove the screen passcode.
- Tenorshare 4uKey
As one of the most practical and popular iPhone-resetting apps on this list, Tenorshare 4uKey is here to bring your phone’s function back, taking no more than a few seconds. Regardless of whether you have a 4-digit or 6-digit passcode, you would be able to unlock it with this tool. How to reset iPhone without password using Tenorshare 4uKey? Follow these steps;
- Firstly, download and install Tenorshare 4uKey on your computer.
- Open the software, and click on the “Start” button on the main screen.
- On this step, you will see a confirmation page, which is an acceptance of their terms and conditions. Once you are okay with all of the items, click on “Next.”
- Now you will be asked to connect the iPhone to your computer to proceed with the process. You need to do the task if you haven’t done it before. After you connect your phone, set it to its recovery mode.
- Here, download the latest and most matching IOS firmware for your iPhone. This may take some minutes, so be patient.
- Once the file is downloaded on your PC/laptop, you will be taken to a screen that confirms your firmware has been downloaded successfully. Click on the “Start to Remove” button to begin the unlocking process.
- Congratulations!!! Your password is now erased, and you are free to set up a new one on your smartphone.
As a simple and straightforward method, Dr.Fone is the application you need for your iPhone unlocking issue. With this software, you can instantly unlock your screen passcodes and remove or bypass MDM. More after, in front of you, you can remove all types of locks along with your Apple ID. How to factory reset iPhone without password by Dr.Fone? Just take the steps below;
- Firstly, go to the Wondershare official website and download the Dr.Fone – Data Eraser (iOS) software to your computer.
- Next, connect your iPhone/iPad to your computer and wait for the software to notice it. After that, click on the “Data Erase” option.
- On the left-hand menu of the screen, click on the “Erase All Data” option, followed by the “Start Erase” tab, to begin the factory reset process.
- Here, you have multiple choices to choose from; you can erase absolutely everything, just specific files, or factory reset your device. Since we need the third task to be done, you are going to choose the Medium level option.
- Now, type the ‘000000’ confirmation code to confirm that you want to proceed. After that, click on the “Erase Now” button to start the unlocking process. All you need to do now is wait for the process to be completed.
- Hurrah!!! Your iPhone is now ready to function on its first day.
- iMyFone LockWiper
Trusting a third-party application to make access to our personal files is sometimes very challenging, but not for iMyFone LockWiper. Whether your iPhone is disabled unintentionally, you forgot your passcode, or in any other situation, this software can get the job done. It can remove four types of iPhone locks within 3 simple steps. How to reset iPhone without password by using iMyFone LockWiper? Follow these steps;
- First, download and install iMyFone LockWiper on your computer.
- Next, plug your iOS device into your computer with a USB cable, and put it on recovery mode.
- Launch the program, and choose one of the 4 options on the main screen, including “Unlock Apple ID,” “Unlock Screen Passcode,” “Unlock Screen Time Passcode,” and “Bypass MDM.”
Unlock Apple ID
- If you choose the “Unlock Apple ID” option and your “Find My iPhone” is disabled, LockWiper will immediately start to unlock your device. However, for the enabled “Find My iPhone” device running on iOS 11.4 and earlier, you should go to Settings > General > Reset All Settings to confirm resetting all settings and let LockWiper start unlocking your Apple ID and iCloud Account.
- If you use iOS 11.4 or the later versions, you first need to make sure the Screen Passcode and the Two-Factor Authentication feature are turned on.
- Next, click on the “Next” button, and enter “000000” on the pop-up window asking you to double confirm. Click on “Unlock” to proceed.
Unlock Screen Passcode
- If you want to select the “Unlock Screen Passcode” mode, you should remember that all personal data on your iOS device will be erased after the password remove, and your iOS version will be updated to the latest one.
- After auto-detecting your device model, choose the matching firmware version and click on the “Download” button. Once the verification succeeds, click on “Start to Extract” and wait for it to complete.
- After that, you need to read the notice carefully and enter “000000” to confirm double you agree to unlock your device.
- Now click the “Start” button, and your device will automatically enter Recovery mode. After a few minutes, the Screen Passcode will be erased from your iPhone.
Unlock Screen Time Passcode
- If you decide to choose the “Unlock Screen Time Passcode” mode, first, you need to connect your iPhone to your computer, and if it was not detected, select “Your iDevice can’t be recognized?” to fix the problem.
- If you have not trusted the computer you are already using before, unlock your iPhone screen and tap on the “Trust” option from the pop-up alert on your device.
- After detecting your device, you will see the “Unlock Screen Time Passcode” interface if your device is running iOS 12 or later versions or the “Recover Restrictions Passcode” interface if your device is running iOS 11 or earlier versions. If you are a first group member, you need to choose whether the Screen Time Passcode is “set directly” on your phone or “set through Family Sharing.”
- Now click on the “Start to Unlock” button to proceed, regardless of the option you have selected in the previous step.
- Note that the application requires you to have the “Find My iPhone” disabled. If it is true, your Screen Time Passcode will be removed immediately. Otherwise, you need to go to the pathway Settings > General > Reset All Settings to confirm resetting all settings on iOS 11.4 and earlier, or enabling the Two-Factor Authentication, enter “000000” to confirm double you agree to unlock your device.
- Finally, click on the “Start” button for the users running on iOS 11.4 or the later versions.
Bypass Mobile Device Management (MDM)
- To use the last feature, connect your iOS device to your computer and select the “Bypass MDM” mode. If your iPhone/iPad is monitored by another PC, it may cause the failure of unlocking MDM. In this case, when you connect the device to your computer, a warning from iTunes will appear on your screen saying, “This iPhone is supervised by another computer and cannot be used with this computer.”
- Here, we have two options to choose from; if your device is stuck on the Remote Management Screen, then select the “Bypass MDM” option. On the other hand, if MDM Restrictions are simply restricting your device, then choose the “Remove MDM Restrictions” one. You have to make sure the “Find My iPhone” feature on your device has been disabled.
- If your iPhone is locked out of the MDM lock screen, take this pathway; click on the “Bypass MDM” button to continue, choose the “Start to Bypass” button to begin the process, and LockWiper will immediately bypass the MDM on your iOS device.
- If your iPhone is supervised and managed by another organization, follow these instructions; choose the “Remove MDM Restrictions” option, click on the “Start” button to proceed, and LockWiper will immediately bypass the MDM on your iOS device.
As an iPhone unlocking tool, Apeaksoft has almost anything you need to get rid of your forgotten password. With this software, you can break through the locked iOS screen, Apple ID, and Screen Time passcode, plus the free download options for Windows and iOS devices. Apeaksoft has monthly, yearly, and lifetime subscriptions which are backed by expert support and a 30-day money-back guarantee. How to factory reset iPhone without password by using Apeaksoft? Follow these steps;
- First, download Apeaksoft iOS Unlocker from the official website. You also can download the application by the link https://downloads.apeaksoft.com/ios-unlocker.exe.
- Next, install the tool on your computer. We recommended closing all of your running applications before continuing the installation. After it is completed, click on the “Next” button.
- On the pop-up screen, read the License Agreement carefully, and click on “Next” if you agree with all of them.
- Choose a location path to save your files. After finishing the installation, click on the “Finish” button to launch it.
- On the next step, the register window will pop up. Input your Email Address and Registration Code. You can also click on “Menu” and then “Register” or click on the key icon on the top corner of the interface to open the registration window.
- Three options are available for the users on Apeaksoft, which are “Unlock iPhone Screen Passcode,” “Unlock Apple ID/iCloud Account,” and “Unlock Screen Time Passcode,” respectively. Each of these options will be discussed further in this text;
Unlock iPhone Screen Passcode
- To get familiar with how to reset iPhone without password with the “Unlock iPhone Screen Passcode” mode, you first need to run the program, connect your iPhone to the computer, and put your smartphone in recovery mode. Click on the “Start” button to continue.
- Here, the information on your iOS device will be loaded on the screen. Confirm the information on your own, and click on the “Start” button to proceed.
- Next, your matching the firmware package will start to be downloaded. It will take some minutes to complete, so please be patient.
- Once the downloading process is complete, click on the “Unlock” button to wipe your screen passcode. Finally, you are required to enter “0000” as the default pin code to confirm the unlocking mission.
Unlock Apple ID/iCloud Account
- How to factory reset iPhone without password with this option? Firstly, launch the application, and choose the “Remove Apple ID” mode. Connect your iPhone or the chubbier iPad to your computer, and click on the “Trust” button on your device to trust the computer.
- Now, tap on the “Start” button to let the iOS Unlocker start removing the Apple ID and iCloud Account associated with your device.
- If you have the “Find My iPhone” system disabled on your phone, the software will start removing your Apple ID and iCloud Account right away.
- On the other hand, if your “Find My iPhone” system is enabled, you need to do something additionally to proceed with the process. For users with iOS 11.3 or earlier, all you need to do is to go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings, and reset all your settings to permit the program to remove your Apple ID automatically.
- For iOS 11.4 or later, first, you need to ensure that you have turned on Two-factor Authentication on your device. If your answer is negative, go to “Settings” on your device, click on your name, choose the “Password & Security” tab, and locate the “Two-factor authentication” option to enable it.
- After enabling the 2FA on your phone, input the “0000” pin code, and click on the “Start” button to download the matching firmware package.
Unlock Screen Time Passcode
- Before starting to learn how to reset iPhone without password, I mean the Screen Time Passcode; you should be aware that removing this type of password requires you to turn off Find My iPhone option. Furthermore, you need iTunes to scan your device. Make sure iTunes is updated to the latest version.
- Launch the software on your computer, choose “Screen Time Passcode” mode, and connect your iOS device to the computer via a USB cable.
- Click on the “Start” button to continue.
- If your device runs iOS 12 or later, the iOS Unlocker will start removing Screen Time on your device. However, for iOS 11 or earlier, we need to approach your iTunes backup. If your iTunes backup is not encrypted, the program will start retrieving your Screen Time passcode on your device. Otherwise, you need to decrypt the backup before anything.
How to factory reset iPhone without password for free?
The mentioned three main methods (iTunes, Find My iPhone, and iCloud backup) and most of the presented apps in the previous section are those free-to-use tools you can pick up to fix your locked iPhone. Furthermore, there are also some additional software and websites with engaging content if you want to learn more about how to factory reset iPhone without password for free.
How to factory reset iPhone without password without computer?
Suppose you think the computer here is a useless element in the middle of our mission to reset your iPhone, or you are just one of those curious users to explore new solutions. In that case, we can declare that you can bring your iPhone back to life again “even without any computer or laptop” quickly.
How to factory reset iPhone without password without computer? Just we have brought your answers here;
- Use the Hard Reset Feature
- In this method, all you need to do is press and hold the Volume and Home buttons simultaneously.
- If you are using iPhone 8, X, or newer models, press and hold the Volume up button, the Volume Down button, and finally, the side button simultaneously.
- For iPhone 7 and 7+, you need to press and hold the Volume Down and the side button at the same time
- If you are an iPhone 6S or older versions, just press and hold both the Side and Top buttons.
- Your system will now warn you that you will enter the data recovery mode and erase all the data on the phone.
- Your iPhone is unlocked now, of course, with the expense of losing your personal data (if you haven’t had a backup before).
- Entering an incorrect password consecutively
- The more funny and ridiculous method is simply to keep entering an incorrect or imaginary passcode. Eventually, your phone will tell you it is unavailable for a set period of time, starting with a minute.
- After waiting for a minute, enter an incorrect passcode multiple times once again. As before, the iPhone will become unavailable, this time for five minutes.
- After the time passes and keeps entering incorrect passcodes until the iPhone becomes unavailable for 15 minutes, here, you will see a new option called “Erase iPhone” appear in the bottom-right corner of the screen. Click on it to go to a new level.
- Now you will be asked to confirm your decision, so we need to click on the “Erase iPhone” button once more if you want to continue.
- Next, enter your Apple ID password so that your device can be signed out of your Apple account and related services.
- Hopefully, your password will be erased from your phone.
Thank you for reading. The majority of our mission in this complete guide was to fully cover the available answers to the questions like “how to reset iPhone without password as a standard solution” and “how to factory reset iPhone without password without computer.” If you are still hungry for new information about a locked iPhone device and how to reset iPhone without password, you can visit online Apple communities following the same purpose.