When it comes to baking a cake, people are often searching for the best cake pan to suit their needs. You may want a cake pan that is non-stick or made of stainless steel, or you may want one that is lightweight and easy to clean. Whatever your preference, in this blog article I will talk about some excellent options – from Wilton Round Cake Pans to heavy-duty aluminum ones!
Hiware 8-Inch Round Cake Pan Set of 3Best overall
MJWDP Removable Bottom Non-stick MetalBest expensive
Silicone Cake and Brownie-Pan Nonstick Silicone BakingBest price
Wilton Round Cake Pans
Wilton Performance Pans Aluminum 9-Inch Round Cake Pans
Hiware 9-Inch Springform Pan
Nordic Ware Platinum Collection Heritage
P&P CHEF Stainless Steel Baking Round Cake Pans
Types of Cake Pans
There are many different types of cake pans on the market. Some are designed for specific types of cakes, while others can be used for any type of cake. The most common types of cake pans are:
You can also read: Top 8 school backpacks in 2022
- Round Cake Pans: Round cake pans are the most versatile type of pan and can be used for almost any type of cake. They come in a variety of sizes, so you can make small or large cakes.
- Square Cake Pans: Square cake pans are great for making square or rectangle-shaped cakes. They also come in a variety of sizes, so you can make small or large cakes.
- Bundt Cake Pans: Bundt cake pans are specially designed to make Bundt cakes. They have a hole in the center so that the cake cooks evenly and has a nice shape.
- Sheet Cake Pans: Sheet cake pans are large, flat pans that are perfect for making sheet cakes, which are thin and flat cakes that are often served at parties.
Here are the 8 best Cake pans to buy in 2022:
1. Hiware 8-Inch Round Cake Pan Set of 3
HIWARE’s 8-inch Round Cake Pan is made of heavy-duty aluminum and features a non-stick coating to make it easy to transfer your cake from the pan. This round cake pan is perfect for Bundt cakes, fruitcakes, or any other baked good that needs to be transferred from the oven to another surface for cooling. With HIWARE you can have it all – great quality at an unbeatable price!
- Trusted by professionals
- Over 20 years of food service and hospitality industry experience
- Commercial lines of products available
- Utensils are of great quality
- Not dishwasher safe
- Cannot be used on an induction cooktop
2. MJWDP Removable Bottom Non-stick Metal
“MJWDP” cake baking tray is used to bake, cook and store food. It can be used as a breakfast tray or barbecue table, which can make the food on the tableware more attractive. The high-temperature firing material is strong and durable and easy to clean, so you don’t have to worry about the cleaning process. This product has an insulation effect that helps maintain the heat of the food during cooking and storage.
- Easy to clean
- Removable bottom
- Strong durability
- Heat insulation effect
- Not dishwasher safe
- Not suitable for high temperatures
- May not be suitable for all types of food
3. Silicone Cake and Brownie-Pan Nonstick Silicone Baking
Curious about the flexibility of this cake pan? The Flexible Silicone And Non-Stick Cake Pan Allow For Easy And Quick Release Of Baked Goods And Desserts, Stain- And Odor-Resistant. The Silicone Cake Pan is Constructed Of High-Quality Eco Friendly 100% Pure Food Grade Silicone, Conforms To American Quality. Freezer, Microwave, Oven, And Dishwasher Safe.
- Easy to use
- Quick release
- Stain and odor resistant
- Dishwasher safe
- May not be durable
- May not be oven safe
- May not be microwave safe
4. Wilton Round Cake Pans
With Wilton Round Cake Pans, you will be able to bake cakes that are sure to leave everyone’s mouth-watering. They’ve been around for 90 years and have created some of the most innovative products in the baking world. This set includes four pans with six, eight, ten, and twelve-inch diameters with two inches of depth for a variety of cake sizes.
- Easy to use
- Lifetime warranty
- The size of the pans is limited
- The depth of the pans is limited
- There are only four pans in the set
5. Wilton Performance Pans Aluminum 9-Inch Round Cake Pans
Who doesn’t love cake? And who doesn’t love a deliciously moist and flavorful cake? If you find yourself thinking about the perfect 9-inch cake pan, then you should stop and think no more. This pan is made from heavy-duty aluminum that can withstand the temperature of the oven up to 450 degrees Fahrenheit, so it really is perfect for any occasion!
- Perfect 2-inch depth for cakes
- Comes in a pack of two
- Made by a trusted brand
- Not non-stick
- May warp in the oven
- Hand-washing is recommended
6. Hiware 9-Inch Springform Pan
Unlike other cake pans, the Hiware 9-in Springform Pan has a nonstick coating which means you can use less butter and oil in your recipe. The pan will not warp or bend like aluminum or stainless steel which means it is easier to clean. You also get 18 holes in the bottom so you can poke out any excess liquid and it won’t cause your cheesecake to spill over when baking (or cooling).
- Easy to use
- Perfect for cheesecakes
- Easy to clean
- Not necessary for all types of baking
- Can be difficult to find the right size
- May be more expensive than other types of pans
7. Nordic Ware Platinum Collection Heritage
The Nordic Ware Platinum Collection Heritage, Bundt Pan is a round cake pan that will help you make beautifully shaped bundt cakes. With an aluminum construction and a non-stick interior, this pan is perfect for all cake-baking purposes. So if you want your cake to look beautiful for its big day, you need the Nordic Ware Platinum Collection Heritage, Bundt Pan!
- Bundt cakes come out easily and cleanly
- The design is stunning
- Easy to use
- You can’t make big bundt cakes in it
- The design is intricate, so you need to be careful when cleaning it
- It’s not non-stick, so you need to use butter or oil
8. P&P CHEF Stainless Steel Baking Round Cake Pans
Looking for a way to cut corners in the kitchen? These two-piece set of 4-inch cake pans will help you do just that. The pans are crafted with ultra-quality stainless steel, meaning they’ll last for years without corrosion or rust. They’re also oven and dishwasher-safe, so you can use them time and time again without any worries!
- Made with pure stainless steel
- Zero corrosion or rust
- Adorable little treats
- Crafted with attention to detail
- Perfect for small gatherings
- May not be big enough for some people’s needs
- May not be durable enough for some people’s needs
- Some people may not like the design
How to choose the right cake pan for your recipe
Choosing the right cake pan for your recipe is important to ensure a successful outcome. There are many factors to consider when selecting a cake pan, such as the size and shape of the cake, the type of recipe, and the baking method.
The first step is to determine the size of cake you need. Cake pans are available in a variety of sizes, from mini pans that make small individual cakes to large sheet pans that bake 12 or more servings. If you’re not sure how much batter your recipe will yield, it’s best to err on the side of caution and choose a larger pan.
Next, think about the shape of cake you want. The most common shapes are round, square, and rectangle, but there are also specialty pans available in all sorts of fun shapes like hearts, stars, flowers, and animals. If you’re making a layer cake, you’ll need two or three round or square pans of different sizes. For a sheet cake or bundt cake, any shape pan will do.
Finally, consider the type of recipe you’re using. Some recipes call for specific types of pans (such as angel food cake pans with holes in the bottom), so be sure to check your recipe before making a purchase. For most cakes, however, any type of pan will work just fine.
With these guidelines in mind, head to your local kitchen store or search online for the perfect cake pan for your next baking project!
How to care for your cake pans
If you want your cake pans to last for years, it’s important to take good care of them. Here are a few tips on how to care for your cake pans:
- Don’t use metal utensils when baking with non-stick cake pans. Use wooden or plastic utensils instead, as metal can scratch the surface of the pan and cause the non-stick coating to come off.
- Don’t overfill the cake pan – this can cause the cake to stick to the sides and make it difficult to remove from the pan.
- Always line the cake pan with parchment paper before baking, as this will help prevent sticking and make cleanup much easier.
- When washing your cake pans, avoid using harsh scrubbers or scouring pads, as this can also damage the surface of the pan. Instead, simply wash with hot soapy water and a soft sponge.
No matter what type of cake you want to make, there’s a pan out there that’s perfect for the job. With so many different sizes and shapes available, it can be daunting trying to figure out which one to use. But don’t worry, we’re here to help. In this article, we’ve compiled everything you need to know about cake pans so that you can choose the right one for your next baking project.