Social Media (A reference article)
This is a reference blog to cover all topics about social media, from its history to the different types, and how each works. To know more about each topic, you can open the link in the related section.
What is social media?
Social media is a platform in which people (users) can create a personal profile, and connect with everyone from all over the world. Each social platform has a unique feature that distinguishes it from others.
Every social media is unique for one purpose, for example, Instagram is used to share videos and pictures. However, other social media including Facebook can be used to share the link in the feed. Some other social networks such as Quora are used to ask and answer questions.
You can read about social media statistics you can find out in the social media statistics and users section. Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and TikTok are amongst the most popular social networks across the globe.
Different social media
Currently, we have covered different social platforms including Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, Twitter, Pinterest, and Snapchat as follows.
Instagram is now is the second popular social network across the world. Though, it is one of the best platforms for all users including individuals and businesses. You can find out all about Instagram from its history, to tools, growth services, and even the errors and fixes.
- Instagram History
This section covers different topics about Instagram itself including the history of Instagram, its timeline, who started the app, the way you can use Instagram, and so on. If you want to broaden your horizons about Instagram, you can have a look at this section and its related references.
- Instagram Growth
One of the most important topics of Instagram is about the Instagram marketing tools and strategies in which you can grow an Instagram account. more than 500 blogs and articles are dedicated to tips and tricks on how you can get more followers or expand your business on Instagram.
No matter if you are a newbie, or professional; wherever are you, you can use the related tips to step further with Instagram strategies tips and tricks.
Using tools, you can perform better on Instagram. however, if you need to know all the available Instagram tools, or what is new, you can read our worthy resources.
You can start growing your account by reading the blogs about Instagram automation and Instagram bot.
- Instagram Errors
Many Instagram users report that they face issues while using Instagram. In this regard, we have prepared the blogs dedicated to the Instagram bugs and their fixes methods.
- Instagram Features
This group of blogs covers the tutorials to use the different features on Instagram including the direct message, Instagram Direct message, Instagram Profile, Instagram feed, Instagram search, Instagram hashtags, Instagram location service, Instagram posts, and Instagram business.
- Instagram marketing
This section is about the techniques to use Instagram to make money.
- Instagram Rules
All you should know about the Instagram rules and restrictions are in this section.
TikTok is one of the newest and popular social networks which was found in September 2016. Now, it has more than 500 million active users monthly. It is well known for its unique challenges, that everyone follows them. In the TikTok section, we have covered the TikTok features (how to use them), TikTok bugs and fixes, and strategies to get more TikTok followers, TikTok business, etc.
You can also see our TikTok bot service to get more followers and fans on this social network.
From the basic tutorials such as creating a YouTube channel to another tutorial about YouTube features and uploading videos to YouTube, you can find the Instazood YouTube section.
How Social Media Works
To understand how social media works, you have to divide people into two groups. Some people believe that the best advertising is word of mouth, so social media works as the best advertising method. But other users work with different social media platforms to share more than words. They can contribute their ideas, pictures, video, and audio.
Here are three reasons people use social media:
- Share news and knowledge about subjects that happen.
- Talk about personal updates
- Contribute what they believe in
But the business group uses it specifically to support their work and business. For example, they use it to create sales leads, drive traffic to websites, or promote their sales.
What are the Benefits of Social Media
Here, you can read about the most important benefits of social media.
- You can name it like the goldmine of business intelligence and use it to discover industry trends in real-time.
- You can use it to make a comprehensive competitive analysis and make a spy on your competitors.
- Provide better customer service and answer more than half of the consumer’s questions and concerns.
- The same as brands, use social media to curate customer photos with higher engagement and conversion rates.
- Represent your positioning power over your competitors by having an active presence on social channels.
- Use the social media SEO impact to build backlinks and a better search engine presence.
- Use it to show off your human side and drive more customer engagement.
- Finally, you can use it to find more top-of-the-funnel leads, plain and simple.
What are the disadvantages of Social Media
Here are some of social media disadvantages:
- As many people use it to share their bad experiences, you might receive negative feedback.
- Embarrass your company if you do not be careful about what you post.
- You have to spend much time on your campaigns to create new content, post content, and engage with your audience.
- You have to be patient to see the results and understand whether your strategy works or not.
Most popualar Social Media platforms (Top 15)
Here, you can see a list of the 15 most popular social media platforms.
- Facebook with 2.74 billion active users as an undisputed heavyweight champion of social media platforms.
- YouTube is the second-most popular social media platform with a super-impressive 2.29 billion registered users.
- WhatsApp, started in 2009 by two former Yahoo and now has 2.0 billion active users.
- Facebook Messenger is a service within the Facebook main platform with 1.3 billion active users.
- Instagram is the world’s most popular photo-sharing app with 1.221 billion active users.
- Weixin/WeChat is an incredibly wide range function app with 1.213 billion active users.
- TikTok burst onto the international scene as the video-sharing platform in 2017 and now has about 689 million active users.
- QQ is like WeChat and owned by the Chinese conglomerate Tencent with 617 million active users.
- Douyin is a TikTok version for a Chinese audience with 600 million active users.
- Sina Weibo is a micro-blogging site known as the country’s third-largest social network with 511 million active users.
- Telegram, the only social media that has the most benefit from WhatsApp’s recent PR disaster. It has over 500 million active users.
- Snapchat is a photo and video-sharing platform that displays users’ posts for a limited time. It has more than 498 million active users.
- Kuaishou is an app with 481 million active users that enables Chinese people to share videos and go live.
- Pinterest is an image-sharing platform with a growth record in 2020 and 442 million active users.
- Reddit was founded in 2005 and is one of the oldest social networks on our list, which has 430 million active users.
How to choose the best types of social media for your business
Now that you know all about different social media platforms, it is time to choose the best types of social media for your business. To do so, you have to answer some questions:
- Which one helps me reach my marketing aims?
- Does this platform contain my targeting audiences?
- Which is my competitor’s favorite social media?
- Which one better matches my content?
- Is it possible to integrate this platform with another one?