Nowadays, many people use Snapchat to send photos to their friends and family, and each day, millions of Snaps are exchanged between users. But what will happen if you suddenly face a “Snapchat failed to send” error while you want to add stories or send photos? It might seem terrible, but there is nothing to worry about because you can solve this problem through simple methods. Keep reading and learn more about why you might face the “Snapchat won’t send” error and how you can solve it.
Why do you see “snapchat failed to send” error?
As you might have experienced, facing the “Snapchat failed to send” error is an unpleasant experience, and the first thing you should do to solve this issue is to find the reason. So, I have gathered a list of the possible reasons that might cause you to find that your Snapchat won’t send photos.
- You lost your Internet connection.
- The Snapchat server is down.
- You have previously enabled the battery-saver mode.
- Out-of-date Snapchat version
- A huge load of Snapchat cache
- The large volume of Snapchat data
- A shadowbanned on Snapchat
How to fix snapchat failed to send on iPhone?
If you are an iPhone user who faces the “Snapchat failed to send” error and would like to find a way to solve it, you can try the below methods to see if any of them are helpful in your case.
- Check your internet connection to solve Snapchat won’t send error:
The first possible reason is a faulty network connection. So, before trying any other trick, check your WiFi connection. The best way to make sure you have a stable internet connection is to try to access another website.
- Check if it is the Snapchat servers downtime:
If you are connected to the internet but face the “Snapchat failed to send” error, it might be a global problem from the Snapchat servers. So, it is time to check DownDetector and see if others have the same problem or not.
- Check the battery-saver mode and make sure it is disabled:
When you enable the battery-saver mode on your phone, it means you want to reduce battery usage, so it limits performance and data usage and causes you to face Snapchat errors, like “Snapchat won’t send”.
- Make sure you are using the latest updated version:
Like most social media platform errors, you might solve the “Snapchat failed to send” error by updating your app to the last version.
- Clear the Snapchat caches:
If none of the above methods work, it means you should clear the app caches. And iPhone users can do this step by following the below levels:
- Open Snapchat, go to the camera screen and choose the Snapchat personal center.
- Click on Settings.
- Go down, find the Clear Cache and choose it.
- Tap the specific group you want to clear up its caches, or you can clear all by tapping the Clear All button.
- Choose the Clear button, and that is finished.
- Clear your Snapchat Data:
Also, you can try cleaning all your Snapchat Data to see if it solves your problem. Just pay attention, this method will delete your login info, too. You can clear your Snapchat Data by:
- Contact the Snapchat support team:
If you are shadowbanned by Snapchat because of reasons, like posting others’ photos, using third-party plugins to save others’ Snaps, hate speech, or profanity, the only way that might solve your problem is to contact the Snapchat support team.
How to fix snapchat failed to send on Android?
If you are an Android user and face the “Snapchat won’t send” error, you should try the methods I have mentioned above for iPhone users, such as checking your internet connection, Downdetector, updating your app, and clearing caches and data. The only difference is that Android users who want to clear the Snapchat caches and data should do this based on their phone system, which sometimes might be a bit different from what I have explained above, but the base is the same.
How to fix snapchat failed to send on PC and Mac?
You should know that it is possible to use Snapchat on your computer through web.snapchat.com and just like when you are using your phone to send snaps, you might face the ” Snapchat failed to send” error when you are using your PC. But do not worry because most of the time you can solve it through the below steps:
- Checking your network connection
- Use Downdetector to see if it is a server problem
- Restarting your computer or updating your system
- Logging out of your account and logging in again
- But if none of these ways were helpful, you should contact the Snapchat support team.
Snaps not sending but chats are:
Mostly this case happens due to a glitch in Snapchat or an overburdened cache and date.
When you are here, it means you are one Snapchat users , and you know how terrible it is to face the “Snapchat failed to send” error. But do not freak out because you can solve this problem through simple ways, such as restarting your phone or changing the network connection. To know more about the details of this error and how to solve it, I suggest you read the above text completely. And if you still have a problem sending snaps, please comment here.