There are different ways to post on Instagram from pc including installing the Instagram app, browser extension of desktop for Instagram, Facebook creator studio, third-party apps like Bluestacks, and social media management tools to upload multiple photos to Instagram from the computer or laptop.
Nowadays, many Instagram users are looking for growing their account using Instagram automation or any tools to perform better on Instagram. You may wonder if you can upload pictures or videos to Instagram from pc to post faster or do not use your mobile to transfer desktop videos. Yes, you can post to Instagram from a computer or your laptop easily and quickly.
To post on Instagram from a computer or laptop, there are five ways for both Mac and Windows users. Scroll down to see the instruction of each method.
- Use Circleboom Publish to Post on Instagram from PC
- Download the Instagram app
- Using the Instagram desktop (a chrome extension)
- Developer tools on a browser
- Facebook creator studio
Though you cannot post carousals (multiple pictures) from some of them, for example, Facebook Creator Studio or Chrome’s Extension. Scroll down and find what instruction best suits you.
Upload video to Instagram from PC
Many of you may looking for an app or extension to upload video to Instagram from laptop. You can follow these steps (I also added tutorial pictures).
Method#1 Use Circleboom Publish to Post Video & Photo on Instagram from PC
The easiest and fastest method to post on Instagram from a PC is using Circleboom Publish. It is the most comprehensive, the most affordable, and the most trusted social media management platform on the web. Circleboom offers you many amazing features to ease your effort to manage and post on your multiple Instagram accounts on PC and Mac.
You can post your Instagram content immediately or schedule it for a later time. You can automate your Instagram posts on Circleboom Publish. Thanks to the Queue scheduling feature, you can set time intervals and end your Instagram posts continuously.
You can upload your own videos and photos from your computer on Circleboom. You can also create and design your Instagram posts on Circleboom Publish. Thanks to its fantastic built-in tools Canva, Unsplash, and Giphy, you can use ready-made Instagram templates, stock photos, filters, effects, fonts, and other kinds of content to enrich and embellish your Instagram posts. You don’t need to worry about Instagram image sizes because Circleboom provides users with the best Instagram post templates.
Circleboom also supports Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, LinkedIn, and Google Business Profile.
Creator studio is the best tool to post short and long videos on Instagram from a PC. To do so, you can both log in with Instagram or Facebook if you have connected your account to Facebook.
To post video on Instagram from desktop:
- Go to https://business.facebook.com/creatorstudio/
- Click Instagram login
- Enter the login info
- From the dashboard, select Create Post on the top left (blue color button)
- Scroll down to see Add content and click.
- Select the video from your laptop or computer
- Wait until is %100 uploaded
- Write the caption (optional)
- Click the Publish button on the bottom right.
The other method is adding a desktop for the Instagram chrome extension.
- Go to Instagram for desktop
- Click Add to Chrome
- Login to your Instagram account (you must login before using extension)
- Click on the D icon on top menu on Chrome
- Click on upload video
- Select your video (less than 1 minute long)
- Add descriptions and click post
5 ways to post on Instagram from computer
Here I would list 5 general ways to post on Instagram from pc but notice that you choose based on your operation system of Mac iOS or Windows.
2. Download the Instagram App
Use these methods on the laptop because you need to enable access to the camera and microphone. It is also possible to use this method if your personal computer (PC) is connected to the camera and microphone. If not, and you must use PC, scroll down and go for other methods.
To download and use the Instagram app:
- Go to Microsoft Store (Windows only) to get the Instagram app for free
- Launch the app and enter login info
- Click on the camera icon on the top left
- Enable access to the camera and microphone from the control panel. Select a picture or video from the laptop. Open the picture or video, click Next, and Share.
*You should sign in to Microsoft account on windows before launching the app. Access Microsoft account through control panel>User Account.
2. Install Instagram Desktop (A Chrome’s extension)
This way works for both Mac and Windows users.
Chrome-extension of Desktop for Instagram is a very simple way to upload to Instagram from PC. However, you are not able to post multiple pictures, which is possible through other methods, I explain in a second.
*This method works for both Windows and iOS users.
- Search Google for Desktop for Instagram – Google Chrome. Click on Add to Chrome and Click Add Extension
- Select the Instagram icon on top menu and enter the login info
- choose + icon on feed. Select a photo or a video and open it
- Edit it as you require and Click Next and Share! Done!
3. change Developer Tools (or User-Agent on Safari)
In this method, you change some settings on a browser and convert the PC screen mode to a mobile one. This way is the same for both Windows and Mac users.
- Log in to your Instagram account from Chrome. Click on the Three Dots Icon>More Tools>Developer Tools
- Select the Mobile Icon on top menu. Change the respective mode to any mobile size (iPhone 6/7/8). Refresh the page!
- Choose the + icon and select a photo or video
- Open the file from the computer or laptop.
- Click Next and Share.
4. Install Bluestacks
It is easy and simple to install.
- Download, Install and open Bluestacks app on your computer. Search for the Instagram app inside Bluestacks, and install the Instagram app.
- Enter your login info and Open the app from Bluestacks.
- If required, send security code through the Instagram email address, and log in.
- Click on the + icon on the Instagram feed.
- Click On Gallery, and Go to Other.
- To upload photos to your Bluestacks gallery, click on pick from windows (you should first upload the photos to Bluestacks, then share them on Instagram).
- Back to the Instagram app from Bluestacks and select + icon and select pictures from Bluestacks gallery
- Edit photos as you need and click done
- Write the caption, tag people, or locations. Click Share!
5. Use Facebook Creator Studio
To use this method, you should go to the Facebook Business website first, and log in with a Facebook account.
- Click on Instagram Icon, on the top and click on connect your account and enter your Instagram login info.
Once you logged in, there are two different parts. Click on Instagram, and you can see published, archived, or scheduled posts.
Click on + icon and select photos or videos from computer
Write the caption (160 characters) and publish it! Done.
How to Use Instagram on a PC
If you want to know how to post on instagram from pc, first you have to learn about using Instagram on PC. You can use a couple of methods to use Instagram for PC. The first method is to use a browser hack. Or use the native and third-party apps as the second and third ways.
- First, you can use the Instagram browser hack that is offered as a simple and minimal web portal on PC. There you can access most of the mobile app features.
- Use Instagram on your PC with an official desktop app that it brought previously on the Microsoft Store. In this way, you will access all Instagram features like uploading photos and videos on your PC.
- Use different third-party apps to bring stability and helpful features like uploading photos and videos, scheduling an Instagram post, accessing tons of other filters and editing tools, and more.
How to post on instagram from mac
After you learn how to post to instagram from pc; it is time to talk about mac tricks to post on Instagram.
First, I want to tell you how to post photos on Instagram from your Mac.
- Select Inspect after opening Chrome on your Mac and right-clicking on the screen.
- Go to the left side of the box full of code and choose the small phone icon.
- Now, you have changed the orientation of the webpage to how it will appear on your mobile.
- Type in www.Instagram.com in the address bar and choose Return.
- Now, you can use it to upload a photo.
- After choosing the photo you want to upload, click Open.
- If you want to add filters, it is time.
- Choose a caption to write and click on share and make a post to instagram from mac.
Upload photos to Instagram stories from Mac
- Do the steps 1-3 like what I told you above.
- Like how you post on instagram from pc, tap on the camera icon to add a picture to your Instagram story.
- Click on the photo you want to upload to open.
- Edit it by adding some text or stickers as you like.
- Finally, choose the “Add to your Story” option to add a story on instagram for mac.
Use Third-Party Tools To Post On Instagram From Any Computer
If you want to know how to post on instagram from computer, do not miss this part. You can try different apps to complete the photo posting duty using a connection with your Instagram account. You enter your login details, and they directly connect to your account from your computer. Today, you can find many apps to post photos on Instagram with almost the same process.
Some of the best solutions and user-friendly apps are Uplet, Gramblr, Deskgram, and InstaPic, which you can use without any consequence. Just be careful to use the user-agent spoofing method to stay safe. This mode helps you hide your login information from the third-party app you are using.
How to post multiple photos on instagram from pc
Previously, you learned about how to post on instagram PC. Now I will help you to add multiple photos to Instagram from your PC. If you are a content creator, posting from a PC might be easier to use the designs from Photoshop, schedule posting time, and so on. The good news is that there are some methods to bulk post-Instagram Photos from a PC.
- Use the Inspect tool from the Google Chrome browser to upload multiple photos to Instagram from your PC.
- The next way is to use social media scheduling tools. You can search for different platforms and applications on the market doing the scheduling work.
- While it is difficult for you to get familiar with a panel full of things like source code, a plug-in might be the next solution for you.
- Instead of using the browser’s built-in inspect tool, try Android emulators such as Bluestacks and NoxPlayer.
How to edit Instagram post from mobile & PC?
Sometimes it might happen for you to update an Instagram post or add extra information to it. Fortunately, Instagram would allow you to edit the post, but you can only edit the captions, and you are not able to edit the photos or videos (for example, if you are going to replace the image).
To edit a post (video or photo) on Instagram, follow these steps:
- Open the Instagram app on your mobile phone or PC*
- Go to your profile
- Find the post you are going to edit
- Tap or click on the three-dot just on the top right of the post
- Tap or click on Edit
- Replace the text or write a new one
- Click or tap Done.
*if you are going to use Instagram on PC, go to the top and follow the given instruction.
When to post on Instagram?
The best way to see when to post on Instagram is to use Instagram for business. if you are running a personal account simply from Instagram setting on the app (on the top right of the profile), switch it to a creator or business account.
Once your followers exceed 100, Instagram would give you the insight which is good to have an overview of the account.
After switching the account to a business or creator one, to find the best time to post on Instagram follow these steps:
- Open the Instagram app and go to the profile
- Tap on the three-lined icon
- Tap on the insight
- Tap on the audience and scroll down
- Find the days and hours
This is a reliable source to see when your audiences are active. So, the more users are online, the better they would engage with your posts. Find the most engaging time and post your photos and videos at that time.
How to save Instagram photos on pc?
The simplest way to save or download Instagram photos and videos is to use the Instagram Desktop extension on chrome. It’s free and easy to install. Once you install it and you open it on your pc, it will give you the option to download each photo or video you want.
Just open the post and click on the cloud icon on the top left of the post. Choose the folder or place on the pc and click Done.