The iPhone home button is one of the most important features on your iPhone. It’s how you get to the home screen and launch apps, as well as how you multitask between open windows. As such, it’s pretty frustrating when this part of your phone malfunctions. When you’ve been using your iPhone for a while, and especially after long periods of use, the home button can start to feel less responsive and may even stop working altogether.
This blog post will cover some troubleshooting steps you can take if your iPhone home button is not working.
Why is my home button not working?
There are a few reasons why your home button might not be working. One possibility for why is my home button not working is that the button is simply dirty and needs to be cleaned. Another possibility is that there is a problem with the software on your iPhone and it needs to be updated. Finally, it is also possible that there is a hardware problem with your home button and it needs to be repaired or replaced.
If your home button is not working, the first thing you should try is cleaning it. Sometimes dirt or dust can build up on the button and prevent it from working properly. Keep on reading to find all the fixes to iphone home button not working.
How to fix iPhone home button not working?
There are a few things you can try if your iPhone home button isn’t working properly.
- First, make sure that the Home button and your finger are clean and dry. If there is any dirt or debris on either, that could be causing the problem.
- Second, try calibrating the Home button. To do this, go to Settings > General > Accessibility > Home Button and make sure that the “Calibrate Button” setting is turned on. Once it is, press and hold the Home button for a few seconds. This should recalibrate the button and fix the problem.
- If this doesn’t work, try restarting your iPhone. This can often solve software-related problems.
- If restarting your iPhone doesn’t fix the problem, you may need to update the software on your device. To do this, open the Settings app and tap on General > Software Update. If an update is available, tap on Download and Install.
- If updating your software doesn’t fix the problem, it’s likely that there is a hardware issue with your home button. In this case, you will need to take your iPhone to an Apple Store or an authorized service provider for repair or replacement.For more help troubleshooting common iPhone issues, check out our guide to fixing iOS 10 problems
If neither of those solutions works as a fix to iphone home button not working, you may need to replace the Home button assembly. This is a more involved repair, but it should fix the problem if nothing else does.
How can I use my iPhone without a home button?
There are a few ways that you can use your iPhone without a home button. One way is to use the AssistiveTouch feature. This feature will add a virtual home button to your screen. You can also use Siri to control your phone. There are also some third-party apps that you can use to add a virtual home button to your screen.
Another way to use your iPhone without a home button is to remap the buttons on your phone. You can remap the power button to serve as the home button. There are also some accessibility features that you can use to make it easier to use your phone without a home button.
Overall, there are a few ways that you can use your iPhone without a home button. You can use the AssistiveTouch feature, remap the buttons on your phone, or use some of the accessibility features. By the way if you are an iPhone user, it would e useful for you to read the guide: “How to reset iPhone without password.”
If your iPhone home button isn’t working, there are a few things you can try to fix it. In this guide we have tried to fit in all the fixes to this issue if none of these solutions work, you may need to replace your home button. If you have any questions, feel free to contact us or visit an Apple Store.