In thus guide, you’ll learn how to how to post a link on Instagram, to get clicks for the link from your Instagram audience.
How to share a link on Instagram
You have different ways to post a link on Instagram. Let’s explain based on the place you can have a link.
You can post a link on following sections on Instagram:
- Instagram story
- Instagram bio
- Instagram post
- Instagram direct message
How to post a link on Instagram
You have heard that you are only allowed to add one link to your Instagram bio, however, we have a trick for you. Use iLink to add multiple links in your Instagram bio.
- Launch the Instagram app on your device and then tap the “Profile” button in the lower right corner of the app.
- Tap “Edit your profile” and then tap the “Website” field.
- Type or paste the iLink URL into the Website box and then tap the “Save” button near the bottom of the page. The link appears on your profile immediately.
This way, you can share links on Instagram without any limits and you can ditch the “Link not allowed” error on Instagram which so many users complain about.
Add Links to Facebook Posts
1. Launch the Instagram app, tap the “Camera” button and take a picture.
2. Tap the arrow button and then tap the services you want to share the photo with — Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr or Flickr.
3. Tap the “Add a caption” box and then type or paste the link into the Caption box. It’s not necessary to include the “http://” part of the link.
4. Tap the check mark button to post the image, along with the link, to the selected social networking services.
How to post a link on Instagram story
Unfortunately adding link on Instagram story is still not available for all Instagram accounts, but it is said that Instagram is working on an option which gives all users the ability to post a link on Instagram.
For now, only the account who have more than 10k followers are able to share links on Instagram stories. However, adding IGTV link is possible even if you have less than 10K followers.
Here is How to post a link on Instagram story:
- You need to have 10,000 followers or a verified account.
- After choosing what to upload, click the icon at the top right that looks like a chain.
- Tap on “+ URL” to add a link.
- Paste or add the URL into the box.
- Find “Done” and click on it.
- Click the “+Story” button at the bottom right to share the story.
How to Add a Link to Instagram If You Don’t Have 10K Followers
As I mentioned above, Instagram reported that they are working to let every Instagram account to add links on stories, but till then, what can you do to add a Link to Instagram If You Don’t Have 10K Followers.
In: “How to add a swipe up on Instagram story (without 10k followers)” you will learn how post a link on Instagram stories before Instagram launches the story link feature for every one.
Although it is impossible to post a link on Instagram, in this guide I taught you how to share a link on Instagram and ditch this restriction. Start sharing your links to use Instagram to drive more traffic to your links.