How to Change Your Age on TikTok? (Is it possible?)
Almost all TikTok users know that when they want to sign up, they should enter their age. But what will happen if you suddenly want to change your age? Does TikTok have any default system to do it? If you want to find the answer to these questions and learn how to change your age on TikTok, I invite you to keep reading until the end of this text and find all the details you need to know.
Can you change your age on TikTok?
While the answer to this question is yes, everything is not as simple as changing your age on other social media apps because you need to contact the app’s customer support and ask them to help you update your details. But that will not end here, and you should prove your age by offering valid identifications, such as an ID card, driver’s license, and more. To learn more about the details of how to change your age on tiktok, do not miss the below paragraph.
How to change your age on TikTok?
And now, in this paragraph, I want to talk about the process of how to change age on tiktok step by step.
- First Open TikTok. This app icon looks like a music note.
- Then choose the ☰ icon from the top right side and choose Settings and Privacy from the pop-up menu.
- Select the Report a problem option under the “Support” header.
- Now, you should choose Account and Profile below the “Topics” header.
- Choose the Editing profile, and the menu will come up.
- Tap on the Other option from the menu and select Need more help? to choose the help changing your birth date option.
- Enter your request like “I need to update my birth date because the current date is incorrect. Can you please help me change it to an accurate date?” and report it.
- Then check your emails to see a response with more instructions and follow them.
Why you should not try to change your age on TikTok?
Previously, you read about how to change age on tiktok, but here I want to add that, unlike other social media platforms, it is important to enter your correct age on TikTok because of several reasons.
- First, it may violate TikTok’s community guidelines, which ban users under 13 from using this platform.
- Second, it might cause inappropriate content to be shown to too young or too old users.
- Third, it might cause you to face suspension or deletion of your account due to supplying incorrect information.
- And finally, it could be harmful to your personal brand or online reputation.
Also Read: Unbanned on TikTok, How to Get Your Account Back?
TikTok age restriction explained
Now that you know the whole details of how to change age on tiktok, I want to talk a bit about the TikTok age restriction items, such as:
- To be a TikTok user, you should be at least 13 years old.
- If you are an under-18 user, you have some restrictions on your content and settings, for example, safe mode, private videos, and restricted mode.
- From Nov2022, the minimum age for live streaming changed to 16 to 18.
- Both users, under 18 or above this age, can send and receive tips for their content.
Why is my TikTok account age restricted?
Also, you might face a situation, in which TikTok says your account is age-restricted. If you do not know what it means and why you see this message, the below tips will help you pass this issue.
- The first reason is that you have enabled “restricted mode” in the app from your account settings.
- Or you’ve set your age to 13 years old or less than that, so TikTok shows a restricted mode to limit contents that are not appropriate for you.
- If none of them is true about your case, it could be due to a glitch/bug, which you could usually solve by reporting a problem on the app.
Why I can’t change my age on TikTok?
Basically, TikTok does not allow its users to change their date of birth to protect youth under 13 from harmful content.
How to check age on TikTok?
Unfortunately, there is no direct way because TikTok does not mention the date of birth in the data download option.
How do I change my age on TikTok under 16?
The only possible way to change your age on TikTok is to contact the customer support team within the app or by email.
The above text is specially written for those TikTok users like to know more about this app’s age restriction terms and how they can change their age. There, you read that there is no direct way to do that, and you can not change your age on TikTok account without any proof. If you like to know more about the details of how to change age on tiktok, you can visit the TikTok official site and contact their support team.