How to Download Twitch Vods? (+Best Twitch Vod Downloaders)
Today many video game lovers are fans of Twitch as the best video game live streaming platform. While most of them use Twitch to view live game streaming, you can watch and download past broadcasts called VODs. So if you missed your favorite streamer’s game live streaming, do not worry. Here, you can read all about twitch vods, what they are, and how to download twitch vods.
What is a Twitch VOD?
Before I explain how to save vods on twitch, you should learn what a Twitch VOD is. Video on Demand, or (VOD) refers to a collection of Twitch live-streamed content and clips, which helps you grow your channel by attracting fans who missed their favorite one otherwise. Now if you are curious about how to save vods on twitch, you are at the right place, just go on and read more.
Can we download twitch vods?
Is it possible to download twitch videos? The answer is yes, and it is not a complicated process. While this is the best way to watch the streams whenever you want, you should note that you can only download the saved streams as VODs (Video on demand), and the creator has to enable Twitch settings to save videos. Because if there is no saved stream, there will be no option to download.
How to Download Twitch VODs on an iPhone?
As many people use their phones to follow Twitch videos, I will show you how to download twitch vods on iPhones, and iPad. The best way is to use Documents by Readdle, which you can read the complete process here:
- First, install Documents on your iPhone or iPad.
- When you open it, you can see a Safari icon, which you can use to access the built-in browser feature.
- Search for a website to download Twitch videos like SaveClipBro.
- Now copy and paste a Twitch VOD link address, and the app will do the rest.
- Then back to Documents’ primary interface.
- Choose the Downloads folder and find the downloaded VOD.
You can easily move the downloaded Twitch VOD to your favorite folder, by:
- Tapping on the three-dot icon under the video thumbnail
- Choosing Share > Save to Files > On My iPhone, and select your like folder.
How to Download Twitch VODs on an Android?
If you are among Android users, wondering how to save vods on twitch, it is your turn. You can use two different ways to download VODs from Twitch to your Android mobile devices. First, use web-based or browser-based tools or any mobile app created for video download, like All Video Downloader.
- You have to download and install the app on your Android device.
- Select Browse under the interface, and enter twitch.tv in the address bar. Choose which Twitch VOD you want to download and open it.
- You can see a red download icon on the lower right side.
- There is a small gray download icon to see the downloading progress, which you have to open.
- Also, it will tell you when the video downloading process is completed.
How to Download Twitch VODs on Windows?
If you want to know how to save vods on twitch, using your computer, do not miss this paragraph. Thanks to many twitch vod downloaders, like Twitch Leecher, you can easily download Twitch vods on Windows. You can find a lot of those apps to download Twitch videos on PC for free. Here is how to use these apps to download twitch videos on Windows.
- Download one of these Twitch apps on your PC and open it. Now, choose the Search button.
- Search the Twitch channel you want to download VODs and open. Now, go to Videos > Showing > Past Broadcasts.
- Choose which VOD you like to download, and right-click the video thumbnail. Click on the Copy Link Address and copy the URL from the address bar.
- Go back to the app and click URLs to copy and paste it. If you want to download more than one Twitch VOD, repeat this process.
- At the top of the menu, choose Download. Choose your video, select the quality level and terminus folder and rename the file if you want.
- Choose the Download button and finish.
How to Download Twitch VODs on Mac?
Also, if you are a Mac user and do not know how to save vods on twitch, I have to say that again the best way is to use different twitch vod downloaders (specially designed for Mac users), such as Cisdem Video Converter. These apps are usually easy to use and offer countless advanced functions more than download twitch videos.
What is a twitch vod downloader?
Previously, you read that I told you, twitch vod downloaders are one of the best ways, which you can try to download twitch videos. But what are they exactly? These tools are specifically developed to help those gamers who want to download Twitch platform videos and recorded games by independent developers and are not affiliated with Twitch, at all. Also, I should add that most of these are web-based, but sometimes you can find some Android version apps, too.
Best twitch vod downloaders
Now, if you are interested in using one of these twitch vod downloaders to save vods on twitch on your PC or Mac system, and even Android phone, read the below list and find some most popular options, such as:
- Video Downloader for Twitch:
If you are an Android user, you can search the Video Downloader App on Google Play, simply download it and save your favorite Twitch VOD only by entering a URL.
A second option is a web-based tool, which means you can use any web browser based on your choice to use UnTwitch. The best point is that you can use this free tool even without registration.
- Vods Online:
This is another best Twitch Vod Downloader, which you can use for free to download an unlimited number of twitch videos. Also, I should add that until your Internet provider supports you well, you can use Vods Online to download at a blazing speed.
And finally, this one is a fast and secure twitch vod downloader that helps you easily download twitch videos on your PC or Mac system. It might be interesting to know that when you enter your favorite Twitch video URL on Keepvid, the tool shows a list of the supported qualities and bitrates, where you can choose your preferred one.
- How to download Twitch VODs as a mod?
Go to the Twitch website> log in to your account> tap on your username> go to “Settings”> “Channels and Videos”> click “Stream”> toggle the “Store Past Videos” switch.
- How To Download VODs From Someone Else’s Stream?
You can do this simply by copying your favorite Twitch URL and using a twitch vod downloader.
If you are a Twitch streamer and viewer, you know that it is common to download past broadcasts (commonly called VODs) on Twitch for later viewing. Read the above article to find out the best ways to easily download Twitch vods and clips on Windows, iPhones, and Android phones.