Instagram launched in 2010 and became the most popular platform for sharing images and videos. Monthly, more than 1 Billion users work with this platform, and over 70 Million daily share photos and videos. But despite this popularity, it is a bit behind the times in the case of “Download Video” features.
It happens to all of us that we watch an Instagram story and like to download it but cannot. Here, we help you with this problem by explaining how to download Instagram stories.
Is is possible to download Instagram stories?
As you know, Instagram does not have any default feature to download someone else’s story. But this does not mean that downloading Instagram stories is impossible. Today, you can save other people’s Instagram stories in several ways, like using an app or a screen recorder. Continue reading and learn more about these Instagram stories downloaders.
How to download Instagram stories on iphone
To download Instagram stories on iPhone you have to know whose story you want to download. Downloading one of your stories is different from downloading someone else’s story.
How to Download Your Own Instagram Stories on iphone
Instagram Stories are similar to Snapchat Stories, and they are available for 24 hours. But after they disappear from your public profile you can view and download them from your Archive.
You can save your own Instagram Stories in some simple steps:
- Click your profile icon to view the story.
- Choose the three-dotted menu button, then save it. Pay attention to choose Save Photo or Save Video from the popup, not Save Story.
But if it’s already been 24 hours since you posted a photo or video and now want to download it, you have to do it in another way.
- Go to your profile and choose the Archive button from the toolbar.
- Go through the Stories, and select your wanted story.
- After that, click on the three-dotted menu button and tap on Save Photo or Save Video.
How to download someone else’s Instagram stories on iPhone
- Screenshot Images
If you want to save a photo from someone’s story, you can take a screenshot. Unlike Snapchat, Instagram will not notify users when you screenshot stories. While this will work well for images, you need to use a third-party app to download Instagram videos.
- Download Instagram Stories Photos and Videos with a third-party app.
You can use a third-party app to download Instagram story images if you do not want to take a screenshot. Or you can use it to download videos posted to Instagram Stories. Another benefit of using a third-party app is that it won’t show you in the list of people who have viewed the story.
- Open your chosen app.
- Enter the Instagram handle in the search field.
- When you find the search page, choose the profile.
- Now, you see a list of the last 24 hours’ stories.
- Choose the story you want to download.
- Click on the Share button and select Save Image or Save Video.
How to download Instagram stories android
Here, I will tell you how to download Instagram stories on android and keep them long after they vanish.
Using a Third-Party App
The easiest way to download Instagram stories on Android is using a third-party app. You can download these apps from the Play Store and save other people’s stories to your Android device.
- Search your favorite app on Google Play Store.
- Open the application after the installation.
- After logging in with your Instagram account, all your following people will be available in the app.
- Now, choose someone’s profile you like to download his stories.
- Pick your favorite story, and click on the download button.
Download Instagram stories through a Webpage
If you do not like to use an app, you can try different web page downloaders like the Story Saver. There are some advantages to using them, like that you don’t require installation of any kind. Also, you should not log onto an Instagram account for you. So you can use one of these sites even when you do not have an Instagram account. But there is one downside that you can only download stories from people who have public accounts.
You can use these sites as simple as typing the Instagram profile name, tapping Download, choosing your favorite story, and saving it.
Archiving Your Stories
The good news is that Instagram saves your stories to the archive by default. And you can access the Archive settings in some simple steps:
- Click on your Profile, and choose the Menu button on the upper right side of the screen.
- Choose “Archive” from the menu.
- Click on Story Archive from the above menu.
- Choose a story you want.
- Tap three dots below the page and choose to save a photo or save a video.
What are the best Instagram stories downloaders?
Now it is time to introduce some of the best Instagram story downloaders.
- Reposter for Instagram (a.k.a Regrammer)
The first popular Instagram photo and video downloader is Reposter for Instagram. People use Reposter for Instagram to repost photos and videos of other Instagram users. Just copy the post link to the Regrammer app and repost it to your Instagram feed.
Reposter for Instagram advantages:
- You should not sign in to use this app, which means you can use it easily.
- Regrammer will not put any watermark on the downloaded photos and videos.
- You can use this app to download and repost Instagram TV (IGTV)
The second choice is a popular browser-type Instagram downloader for Android and iPhone named FastSave.Use this app, and download your favorite Instagram stories while browsing Instagram.
- It downloads videos of good quality.
- No pesky watermarks will ruin the photo or video.
- No limitation on how many photos and videos you can download. You can download as much as your Smartphone’s memory has ample space.
- Saver Reposter
The next choice is what you need to copy the captions and hashtags on your favorite content on Instagram besides the photos and videos. You can do all of these using the Saver Reposter with ease.
Saver Poster advantages:
- It lets you drive between the app and Instagram with each click.
- Download content even when you use the app in the background.
- It is easy to use, and you can download stories in a few minutes.
Regrann is another Instagram downloader that you can use fast and easily. You can use this app to download content from Instagram stories and posts and repost them without closing the Instagram app.
The content you download using Regrann does not have a watermark by default.
You can attach your custom signatures to the downloaded media.
- QuickSave for Instagram
Almost all Instagram downloader apps are similar in terms of features. But QuickSave stands out because it allows you to edit images and videos.
QuickSave for Instagram advantages:
- You can use its different filters and editing tools
- It has added grid styling and photo-split features.
- This app has a stylish user interface.
If you have a problem downloading Instagram stories, do not worry. Here, we show you how to download Instagram stories videos. Also, you can read about some of the best Instagram story downloaders.