We’re used to watching movies and TV shows on our iPhones these days. The iPhone is a handy and portable device that can be used to watch videos, look through pictures, or even show slideshows. But there are times when we want to show other people our work on a bigger screen. You can mirror your iPhone to a TV to help with that. This complete guide will show you a bunch of different ways on how to mirror iPhone to TV, with or without Apple TV.
How to Mirror iPhone to TV with Apple TV
Using Apple TV to mirror your iPhone to a TV is easy, and it lets you share your device’s screen on a bigger screen. First you need:
Apple TV: Make sure that an Apple TV gadget is hooked up to your TV.
Network Wi-Fi: Make sure that your iPhone and Apple TV are both linked to the same network Wi-Fi.
- Apple TV should be connected, so make sure that your Apple TV is turned on and fully connected to your TV.
- Make sure that the Apple TV and iPhone are both on the same Wi-Fi network.
- Turn on Apple TV AirPlay and get to the home screen on your Apple TV.
- Go to “Settings” and then “AirPlay.”
- AirPlay should be on, then turn on AirPlay on your iPhone
- To open the Control Center on an iPhone X or later, swipe up from the bottom of the screen. On an iPhone 8 or earlier, swipe down from the upper right corner.
- Press the “Screen Mirroring” button. This will show a list of AirPlay devices that are connected.
If asked, enter the AirPlay code:
If this is your first time joining, you may be asked to enter a code that shows up on your TV screen into your iPhone. Do what it says on the screen. After you join, the screen on your iPhone should now show up on your TV. On the TV, everything you do on your iPhone will be shown.
Tips: Make sure that the software changes on your iPhone and Apple TV are up to date.
How to Mirror iPhone to TV Without Apple TV?
With Apple TV, anyone could display the screen of their iPhone, iPad, or Mac onto their TV. It’s been simple, smooth, and works great. That being said, all that ease of use costs almost $200. One big problem with spending $200 on something that only does one thing is that it seems like a lot of money for something that only does one thing.
There is another option, however! If you don’t have Apple TV, there is a way to show your iPhone to some other TV.
Connect an adapter to your iPhone and watch TV without an Apple TV
- Connect it to your TV with it.
- To connect your TV, find the HDMI port on it.
- After that, connect the HDMI to the TV.
- To connect to the device, use the other end of the HDMI link.
- Connect your phone.
- If you plug your phone into the HDMI port on your TV, it should already be reflecting.
Using Third-Party Apps for iPhone to TV Mirroring
In addition to the built-in screen mirroring options, there are also third-party apps available that allow you to mirror your iPhone to a TV. These apps can be useful if you have a streaming device like Roku, Chromecast, or Amazon Fire Stick.
Mirroring iPhone to Roku
To mirror your iPhone to a Roku device, you can use the Roku app available on the App Store. Follow these steps:
- Download and install the Roku app on your iPhone.
- Launch the app and make sure your iPhone and Roku device are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Open the Control Center on your iPhone by swiping down from the top right corner.
- Tap on the “Screen Mirroring” option.
- Select your Roku device from the list of available devices.
- Enter the code displayed on your TV into your iPhone when prompted.
- Your iPhone screen should now be mirrored on your Roku device.
Mirroring iPhone to Chromecast
To mirror your iPhone to a Chromecast device, you will need to use the Google Home app. Here’s how:
- Download and install the Google Home app from the App Store.
- Set up your Chromecast device according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Open the Google Home app and make sure your iPhone and Chromecast are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Tap on the Cast icon in the app.
- Select your Chromecast device as the destination.
- Choose the content you want to mirror from your iPhone.
- Your iPhone screen should now be mirrored on your Chromecast-connected TV.
Mirroring iPhone to Amazon Fire Stick
To mirror your iPhone to an Amazon Fire Stick, you can use the AirScreen app. Follow these steps:
- Download and install the AirScreen app from the App Store.
- Set up your Amazon Fire Stick according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Open the AirScreen app on your Fire Stick.
- On your iPhone, open the Control Center and tap on the “Screen Mirroring” option.
- Select your Fire Stick device from the list of available devices.
- Your iPhone screen should now be mirrored on your Fire Stick-connected TV.
Connecting your iPhone to a TV through a mirroring app lets you share and watch content on a bigger screen. What you need to do is pretty simple, whether you choose a wired or wireless link or a third-party app. If you follow the steps in this guide, it will be easy to show your iPhone to a TV.