When you are here, I guess you are an Instagram user that recently used someone else’s device to check your account and forget to log out of it. Now you might ask how to log someone out of your Instagram. Or how to log out of Instagram on all devices? There is nothing to be freaked out about because we are here to help you reduce the risk of data abuse by explaining all details of how to log out of an Instagram account.
Can you log out of Instagram on all devices at once?
Fortunately, yes. First, it might seem impossible to log out of your Instagram account from all devices at once, but there is a trick, which you can use and by that there is no more need to learn how to log someone out of your instagram. You can change your password, and after a successful password reset, you will be signed out from all other devices at once. The best point is that you do not need any third-party app to reach your goal whether you are using an Instagram app on your mobile or its website on your desktop. In the next two paragraphs, I will explain all the details of how to log out of an instagram account by resetting the password.
How to log out of Instagram on all devices? (On Browser)
If you usually use the Instagram website to log in and check your account but do not know how to log out of Instagram on all devices, follow the below steps and learn it in the most simple way.
- Search the Instagram website address, and log into your account.
- Choose the three lines icon under the page.
- Choose Settings, and change the password from under the Edit Profile Title.
- Type your current password and add a new one.
- Re-enter the new one again and save it.
- Also, if you are using a PC and want to know how to log someone out of your Instagram, you can follow these steps:
- Log in to your Instagram Account through the website
- Tap on the Profile Icon
- Choose ‘Settings‘
- Click on the ‘Login Activity’ option
- Go down and find ‘Where You’re Logged In‘, then tap on that.
- Choose which device session you want to log out of your Instagram account, and tap on ‘Log out‘.
How to log out of Instagram on all devices? (On Phone)
On the other hand, you might decide to change your Instagram password through the app and log out of Instagram on all devices, so I suggest you read the below points and learn how to log out of an Instagram account from all devices step by step:
- Open the app and log into your account with the current password.
- Click on your profile picture.
- Choose Settings, the gear icon, from the top right corner of the screen.
- Select Privacy and Security > Password > Change Password.
- Type a new password in the field and confirm it by repetition, then save it.
And the same as what I have explained above about how to log someone out of your Instagram on the website, you can follow these mentioned steps and do that on the app:
- Log into your account and tap on your profile icon.
- Choose the menu and then click on ‘Settings‘
- Select ‘Security‘> ‘Login Activity> ‘Where You’re Logged in‘.
- Now, it is possible to remotely log out of your Instagram account from the device you’ve previously logged in to.
Can you see how many devices are logged into your Instagram?
Yes, just go to profile> setting> Login Activity> and find other devices currently linked to your Instagram account.
Does changing Instagram password log everyone out?
Yes, while there are other recommended methods to reach this goal, such as removing apps and websites, that is the most definite way you can log out everyone from your Instagram account.
The above text is specially written for those who are suspicious that someone from another device is also checking his account. There we talked about all the details of how to log out of an Instagram account and how to log someone out of your instagram no matter whether you are using an Instagram app or website. If you read the text, but still have any unanswered questions, share them in the comment, and we will try to find the best answer for you.