Are you searching for the best banking jobs? As you know the financial industry is broad and almost lucrative. It means even an entry-level banking job is a well-paid one and if you have a strong business background and excellent communication skills, it is possible to get the best-paying job in this market. Keep reading and learn more about different kinds of banking jobs such as remote banking jobs, work from home banking jobs, entry level banking jobs, investment banking analyst jobs, commercial banking jobs, investment banking jobs, and even the list of banking jobs near me.
What are banking jobs?
Before going through different kinds of banking jobs near me, let’s see what does it mean? Banking jobs include all jobs in the financial service sector, such as working with or for banks at the local, state, or national level. Based on your experience level, you can find entry-level banking jobs like bank security to higher levels such as insurance/loan-related services.
What are the skills needed for banking jobs?
Now that you know a banking job could refer to what, you might think that you are pursuing a career in banking, but before anything, you have to know about the certain, unique set of qualities and skills that would help you be successful in this field. As you might know, corporate and investment banking are among the most competitive sectors, which means only the best and brightest ones can attend them. Read the below list, and find the top 10 most important skills you have to gain to get investment banking jobs or any other job in this field.
- Analytical skills
- Commercial awareness
- Attention to detail
- Work ethic
- Technical skills
- Stress management
- Communication skills
Are there any remote banking jobs?
Do you like everything to do with money and banking? Are you among people who prefer a great job and work from home? If you love working in financial fields from home, it means you will like the work-at-home banking jobs. When you choose work from home banking jobs, it means you have the flexibility to build your own schedule. Keep reading and learn more about the samples of remote banking jobs, and other kinds of jobs in this field, such as investment banking analyst jobs, and investment banking jobs.
How to get into banking jobs?
Before going through different kinds of these jobs, let’s see how the process of getting into a bank job is. I have divided this long process into quick steps to help you easily consider how to start a banking career path.
- To get into most of the high-level and even entry level banking jobs, you need to obtain a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Whatever position you wish to pursue, you have to work on the list of essecila skills that I have mentioned above.
- As a great way to learn more about open banking positions, you have to network with those who already have a job in the banking industry.
- You have to carefully search several different bank settings you can work in, and find one that best suits your preferences. For example, you have to decide whether you want to work in commercial banking jobs, or investment banking jobs.
- After that, you have developed your banking skills and found the type of bank setting you want to work in, it is time to apply for open entry-level banking positions.
- To take your banking career to the next level, you have to consider higher education or training.
How many types of banking jobs exams are there?
Another important question that you might ask yourself before searching for banking jobs near me is about the types of banking jobs exams that you might face whether you want to find a job among the entry level banking jobs or high-level ones. To make it easy for you, I have gathered a complete list of these exams, below.
- IBPS PO & CLERICAL (for nationalized banks)
- RRB PO & CLERICAL ( for regional rural banks)
- SBI PO & CLERICAL
- CO OPERATIVE BANK PO & CLERK ( state level)
- RBI ASSISTANT & GRADE B OFFICER
- NABARD ASSISTANT & OFFICER
- IBPS & SBI SPECIALIST OFFICERS
- SCALE 2 OFFICER if you have more than 2 years of experience in banking.
What is the age limit for banking jobs exam?
Now that you know about the details of bank exams, you might want to know about the bank exam eligibility age limit. Here, I have to add that generally, the age limit for bank exams for the applicants is between 21 to 30 years. But if you want to know about the age relaxation in the upper limit for the reserved category candidates, read the below list.
- SC/ST: 05 years
- OBC: 03 years
- PWD + SC/ST: 15 years
- PWD + General: 10 years
- Ex-servicemen: 05 years
Where to find the best banking jobs?
After that, you read all the points about remote banking jobs and work from home banking jobs, and how to get into entry level banking jobs. It is time to find the best websites which you can use to search for banking jobs near me. The below list offers the top six websites that could help you land your favorite finance job.
- The first option could be eFinancialCareers, which posts finance jobs in North America, Europe, the Middle East, and the Asia-Pacific region.
- The second option where you can narrow your search is FinancialJobBank.
- The professional networking site, LinkedIn helps you to give your search a personal dimension.
- Indeed, which works in aggregating thousands of job posts from company websites and other job boards.
- SimplyHired is another website with a nice safety net of sorts.
- Another most prominent group in the finance world is the Association for Financial Professionals.
Top 10 banking jobs
Finally, it is time to introduce the 10 best banking jobs. Search among the below list and find the one that best fits your interests, skills, and education level.
- Financial Analyst: As a financial analyst, you will work to help businesses or individuals make investment decisions, and you will earn a median annual salary of $85,660.
- Personal Financial Adviser: In this position, you help individuals manage their money to meet their short- and long-term goals, and you can earn a median annual salary of $87,850.
- Relationship Manager: As a professional in this field, you work to develop and maintain customer relationships, and you can earn an average annual salary of $83,574.
- Accountant: All accountants analyze, plan, and evaluate business expenses and income with a median annual salary of $71,550.
- Auditor: In this position, you should review accounting records, ensuring accuracy and compliance with regulations and state and federal laws with the median annual salary of $71,550.
- Branch Manager: You can choose to work as a branch manager and oversees operations, including hiring and training staff with an average annual salary of $59,185.
- Loan Officer: In this position, you have to help people identify and apply for loans even if it is mortgaged to personal loans, and you will earn a median annual salary of $63,270.
- Collector: All collectors play a pivotal role for companies as they manage accounts and keep track of bills. In this position, you can earn an average annual salary of $40,202.
- Bank Teller: As a bank teller, you have to cash checks, accept deposits, and process account withdrawals with a median annual salary of $31,230.9
- Treasurer: If you like to work in this position, you have to manage an organization’s finances, objectives, and goals, and you will earn an average annual salary of $86,955.
Remote banking jobs
Previously, you learned what remote banking jobs mean. Now I want to tell three best options which you can search among the work from home banking jobs, and find the best.
- Bank of America:
The primary clients of the Bank of America are individual banking accounts, and institutional advisors and companies. If you want to know about the available positions, I have to mention that Bank of America frequently has remote call center associate opportunities upon location. Check your state to find the currently open jobs in your area.
- Citizens Bank:
Citizens Bank, which is famous for creating a stellar “talent community” of employees is where you can find a wide variety of work from home banking positions, from mortgage officers or account executives to CRA loan officers, and more.
- JP Morgan Chase
The next large banking corporation that has embraced the work-at-home world is Chase bank. There, you can find various remote options such as virtual bank managers, virtual banking assistants, team leads, and so more.
Entry level banking jobs:
In this paragraph, I want to introduce the three most simple entry level banking jobs, you can choose to start your work in this field.
- Assistant manager:
In this position, you will work as an assistant manager and support managers to lead their teams, help customers resolve concerns with the company’s product or services, and work in the manager’s role when they’re absent.
- Personal banker:
This job means you will work as a finance professional who helps their clients operate their accounts and investments. For example, you assist new and existing customers who need help setting up a checking or savings account.
- Security guard:
The next option among the entry level banking jobs is a security guard. These security services professionals carefully watch the premises of a facility to keep the building and its residents safe.
Commercial banking jobs:
The next category that I choose to introduce its most popular jobs is the commercial banking jobs. Below here, you can find the top three commercial banking career options.
- Credit Analyst:
A credit Analyst considers the creditworthiness of the borrower and determines whether to pay the loan or not.
- General Manager:
A General Manager oversees a large team under him in the advances department and carefully follows the portfolio assigned to him.
- Business Development Manager:
Business Development Manager who leads the business development process for the bank, should source new customers for the bank and keep the current customers with the best service.
Investment banking jobs:
This time I want to go through the most important investment banking jobs, such as investment banking jobs. Read the below list and find the most important options in this sector.
Investment banking analyst jobs refer to people who work to prepare pitch book presentations on the companies for the senior team members needed for the meeting.
The people who work as investment banking associates supervise the work done by the junior analyst and coach him correctly in the deal process.
- Vice President:
The Vice President rules the investment banking unit in the company with a team of analysts and associates and makes a report for the managing director about the profit & loss account.
Also Read: “How to Set cash app direct deposit Up? “
When you are here, it means you are interested in banking jobs and related positions. The good news is that you can read the above text and find details about all these jobs, their responsibilities, the place they work, the salaries and so on. Also, there you can find information about remote banking jobs and why people choose to work from home banking jobs.