Venmo is one of the most popular applications for local transactions that grants you to send money to peers. But like all other apps, the users of this app might sometimes face problems in its usage. For example, a commonly reported problem about Venmo is about venmo account frozen. If you are asking yourself why is my venmo account frozen? And search for how to unfreeze venmo account, keep reading because I will explain more about frozen venmo account and how to get money out of frozen venmo account, below here.
Why is my Venmo account frozen?
As I previously mentioned, one of the most repeated questions of Venmo users is why is my venmo account frozen, and how to unfreeze venmo account, which is what I want to tell you in this text. But before going through the details of Unfreeze Venmo Account solutions let’s see what are the possible reasons for frozen venmo account.
- Disobeying the terms and conditions of the Venmo app:
The first and the most common reason is related to the time that you do something against the User Agreement. As is mentioned in the policy terms, several potential violations trigger this action, such as using Venmo in countries where this app is not available or using the service to pay for goods and services.
- Insufficient funds to complete a transaction:
Another common situation that causes the venmo account frozen will happen when you do not have an adequate balance for your transaction. In such a case, Venmo sends you a notification of failed payment and you will face a venmo frozen account until the negative balance is cleared.
- Suspicious activity in your Venmo account
Also, I have to mention that you will face a frozen venmo account, if the app finds a suspicious activity from your side, like opening the account from an unknown device or entering the wrong PIN too many times.
How can I prevent venmo frozen account?
Now that you know the answer to the “why is my venmo account frozen” question, you should prevent these situations to save your account from being banned. Again I will tell these three points in summary for those who missed the above paragraph:
- Always have enough balance because many blocked Venmo accounts are caused because of this reason.
- Be careful about your security entries to avoid the inconvenience of a frozen venmo account.
- Remember to follow User Agreement terms as Venmo is very strict about it.
Venmo account frozen, what to do?
Generally speaking, when you face a Venmo frozen account, the best way is to contact venmo customer support directly as it is the easiest way to unfreeze your account. If your case is a temporary freeze, if you pay back the money, your account will be reinstated and working soon.
Keep reading, and find more detail about how to unfreeze venmo account in the next paragraph.
How to unfreeze venmo account?
Now that you know the answer to the”why is my venmo account frozen” question, it is time to find out how to unfreeze venmo account. As I previously mentioned, the first way that you can use to unfreeze your account is to contact venmo customer support, but now I want to introduce three solutions that you can use to Unfreeze Venmo Account.
How to unfreeze a Venmo Account on PC?
- Go to Venmo’s website and sign in to your account.
- Search for the Recovery Section.
- Go back to the email sent by Venmo and attach a government-recognized identification proof as a response.
How to unfreeze a Venmo Account via Mobile Phone?
- Use Venmo’s official application to Sign in to your account.
- Choose the three lines on the top-left corner of your screen.
- Choose the Get Help option at the bottom of the list.
- Under Contact Us, click on Chat with Us.
- Now, you can communicate your problem and get the issue resolved.
How to unfreeze a Venmo Account through a phone call?
There are two ways to try in order to Unfreeze Venmo Account via phone numbers which are as explained below:
- Call 855-812-4430 from 10 AM to 6 PM (Monday to Friday)
- Simply explain your problem and provide all the needed details
How do I know if my venmo account is frozen?
Are you asking yourself, how can I understand that my Venmo account is frozen? While it is so simple and obvious, here I will tell you the three most important signs that will show your Venmo account is frozen.
- First, you’ll get a notice via email that might explain the possible reason.
- Also, there will be a pop-up message when you try to make a payment.
- And the third sign is that no payments to you will go through.
How to delete a venmo frozen account?
Above, I talked about some of the most important points about a venmo account frozen, such as how to unfreeze venmo account, and why is my venmo account frozen. Now, I want to guide you about another common problem of almost all Venmo users, which is how can I delete a venmo frozen account?
Follow the below steps and delete your Venmo frozen account.
- Log in to your account and go to ‘Settings’.
- Scroll down the options tab and find the ‘Delete My Account’ option.
- Now you have to enter your password if you are absolutely sure that you want to delete your account.
How to get money out of frozen venmo account?
If you are searching for the answer to the “how to get money out of frozen venmo account” question, I have to say that totally, you can use the two below ways to get your money out of your Venmo account, but pay attention first you have to use one of the above solutions to Unfreeze Venmo Account:
- First, you can make an instant transfer to your qualified bank account or debit card.
- Or, you should choose the standard transfer through the ACH network to your verified checking account. While you can do this for free, you will get the money in 1-3 business days after your transfer request.
How to contact venmo customer support to unfreeze your account?
As you read above the only possible way to Unfreeze Venmo Account is to contact the venmo customer support team and explain your problem, so they will help you with the best way that you can solve your venmo frozen account problem. As I previously mentioned, you can contact this team via the website, app, or call. For more details about each of these ways go back and read the fourth paragraph.
How long does it take to unfreeze Venmo account?
Another most common question that all Venmo users who face venmo frozen account ask is how long does it take to unfreeze a Venmo account? Here, I have to mention that your account will remain frozen until you decide to contact the venmo customer support team. But when you take action, the Venmo team will unfreeze your account in 2 or 3 business days.
Have you ever used Venmo? Have you ever faced the frozen venmo account problem? In the above text, I have mentioned the most important points about venmo account frozen such as: why is my venmo account frozen, how to get money out of frozen venmo account, and how to unfreeze venmo account.