Nowadays, many people use Facebook Messenger to communicate with their friends. But what will happen if you see that you can no longer send messages to the user and face the “this person is unavailable on messenger” error? I know that it is frustrating but do not freak out because below here, I will explain all points you need to know to solve this kind of error.
What does this person is unavailable on messenger mean?
Do you know what the “this person is unavailable on messenger” error means? Messenger shows this message to block your ability to send messages to the recipient. While some people think that the person they were chatting with doesn’t exist now, this is not true. And you might face this problem if:
- The recipient blocked you.
- Your friend deleted his messenger app or Facebook account.
- Facebook has removed or disabled the account.
- You meet a bug in your phone.
Why do I see “this person is unavailable on messenger”
Previously, I talked about the meaning of the “this person is unavailable on messenger” error, and now let’s find the possible reasons that might cause you to face this error. Here, I will talk about all situations, such as being blocked by a user, facing a deactivated account, or terminating an account by Facebook and their details.
- This person is unavailable on messenger because you are blocked by the user:
Whether your target users have blocked you from Messenger or Facebook, it may cause you to see “this person is unavailable on messenger” error. Note that sometimes you may have mistakenly blocked a user from your side. So it is good to check this point when you are not able to send a message to any Facebook user.
- This person is unavailable on messenger because the user has a deactivated account:
Sometimes, you can not send a message to your intended user, this person is unavailable on messenger but not blocked. In this case, the person might probably deactivate his Messenger or Facebook. While it is hard to find it out, it can be a sure reason, and unfortunately, you can not do anything until they activate their account again.
- This person is unavailable on messenger because his account was terminated by Facebook:
Another possible situation is that you face an account terminated by Facebook, and unfortunately, you can not do anything to solve this problem.
- This person is unavailable on messenger because of a glitch in the Messenger app:
Another case, that you might face “this person is unavailable on messenger but not blocked” is due to a glitch or app bug on your phone. As you know, all technology and apps will have their weaknesses, so some app bugs can be a possible reason you face this error.
How to fix “this person is unavailable on messenger”?
Unfortunately, fixing this problem is not easy. Facebook is one of the most sophisticated applications, and sometimes even the Facebook support team cannot help you with the issues; however, I have gathered a list of simple ways that might solve your problem in most cases, you see “this person is unavailable on messenger” error.
- Update your Facebook messenger app and solve this person is unavailable on messenger:
Now that you know what this person is unavailable on messenger means, I want to talk about the best possible solutions. First of all, check if there is a new update for the app on Google Play or Appstore. In some cases, installing the latest version can easily solve your problem.
- Check your internet connection if you face this person is unavailable on messenger but not blocked:
Never forget to check your internet status. A weak wave sometimes makes the app partially functional and cannot run the services. You can try sending a message or opening a chat with a different person and see the same happen to that chat. Sending a message successfully means your internet connectivity is sufficient enough.
- Check if you are already blocked:
The message “this person is unavailable on Messenger” also might mean that the recipient has blocked you or deleted the conversation. On Facebook, users can block you through both of these ways, or only in Messenger.
If you are blocked through Messenger, you can still send and receive posts or photos from your friend on Facebook, but you cannot communicate with each other on Messenger. If you are blocked via Facebook, you are abandoned both on Facebook and Messenger; however, you can still see previous texts and messages.
- Check if your recipient has some problems with Facebook:
Sometimes, this person is unavailable on messenger but not blocked means that the account has been deactivated or removed by Facebook. In some cases, the account has been fake, and facebook detected and removed it from its database.
- Check your Facebook memories:
You can check your account status through Facebook Memory to find out previous likes or comments. If the user’s name is clickable and blue (takes you to his/her profile), you are not blocked by the user. But if you can’t do the whole process, you are abandoned, respectively.
To check the memory on phone:
- Open the Facebook app on your phone.
- Search for “Memories” on the search bar and click on it.
To check the memory on the PC:
- Go to the Facebook website.
- On the main page sidebar under the “Explore” option click on “See More”.
- Scroll down and click on “Memories”.
- Use the web-based version of Facebook for sending messages:
If it seems this bug will never get away from the application, you can log in to your account and try sending a message to that person from the Facebook web version. This is a thing that many people are doing nowadays.
This person is unavailable on messenger but not blocked
I already looked at the phrase “this person is unavailable on messenger but not blocked”. But now I want to go through its details as an important point you should know to solve the “this person is unavailable on messenger” error. It means you should follow the steps below and make sure that the person you can’t message on FB Messenger is unavailable and not blocked by you.
- Open the Messenger app.
- Find the chat that shows the “This Person is Unavailable on Messenger” error.
- Tap on it and hold to see pop-up options.
- If you can find the “Block” option, it means that the user is not blocked by you.
- This person is unavailable on Messenger but can see profile picture
If you face this error, it means the user might probably deleted the app from their phone or deactivated their account.
- This person is unavailable on Messenger but they can message me
This case shows that there is a problem from your side and you should check the above text and “How to fix the “this person is unavailable on messenger?” paragraph.
Whether you see a “this person is unavailable on messenger but not blocked” error or a simple “this person is unavailable on messenger” sentence, it might disappoint you. But do not worry because in most cases, you can solve this problem with some simple tricks, like checking your internet connection or updating your FB messenger app. But if you want to know more about the complicated reasons for this problem, read the above text completely.