Instagram year in review 2023
With 2019 on its way, we would like to highlight some of the 2018 trends and share all the different ways Instagram’s community brought to the platform to express themselves more easily and get more close to the people and brands they love.
We like to see that sharing love and kindness is still a top priority for Instagram:
- The Heart Love Sticker created by Arata was the most-used Giphy sticker in Instagram Stories.
- The Heart Eyes filter was the most-used Face Filter in Instagram Stories.
- In Feed, the ❤️ emoji have been used in comments over 14 billion times.
- The happiest place in the world? Instagram witnessed the highest use of 🙂 in the caption!
- Instagram is a place for various interests and communities; this year, ASMR was the top niche trend, with slime popping, soap cutting, and makeup tutorials maintaining its rise in popularity.
- The game Fortnite also witnessed huge growth with #fortnite becoming the fastest growing hashtag on Instagram.
- The dominance of K-pop on social media is being another top fandom community on the platform.
- The biggest visual dance challenge of the year was also born on Instagram. With #inmyfeelingschallenge, which included everyone.
And at last, as you may already know, millions of people used Instagram to make their voice heard in 2018. The top advocacy hashtags of 2018 were #metoo, #timesup, #marchforourlives, showing that Instagram can be a really powerful platform for people to speak out and draw light meaningful and valuable social causes.
The Instagram press wrote:
“We hope this roundup inspires you to use Instagram to spread joy and kindness this holiday season.”