Have you ever wanted to find a way to stop giving out your location so easily? We bet you have. after all, we are living in an age where “privacy” is the keyword. But it can be hard to prevent people from finding out where you are all the time. So, it would be helpful to learn how to stop sharing location without them knowing. And in this text, you will find the solution explained in detail.
Can You Stop Sharing Your Location Without Anyone Knowing?
Before anything, you might ask, can I stop sharing my location without anyone knowing? The sure answer is yes, there are a few ways to stop sharing your location with someone without them knowing both android and iOS users, and fortunately, they are not hard to learn. So, read the below text and find out more about their details.
How to stop sharing location without them knowing on iMessage?
If you are an iMessage user, you would be happy to hear that it is possible to stop sharing location on this app by following some simple instructions. And below, you can read the process of how to stop sharing locations without notifying, step by step.
On iPhone and iPad:
Are you an iPhone user and do not know how to stop sharing location without notifying on iMessage? There is nothing to be worried about because the below steps will help you:
- Open iMessage and choose the contact you want to stop sharing your location with by tapping on his picture at the top of the screen.
- Find Stop Sharing My Location button from the same place you enabled it and tap.
Now, it will simply revert back to Start Sharing My Location and the contact will not receive any notification.
Now, it is MacOS users, so the below items are dedicated to how they can stop sharing location on iMessage without anyone knowing:
- Go to iMessage and choose the conversation you want to block.
- From the top-right side of the messaging window, choose the info button, which is ‘i’ in a circle.
- Choose to Stop Sharing My Location from the drop-down menu and revert it back to Start Sharing My Location.
How to stop sharing location without them knowing on an iPhone or iPad?
If you’re using an iPhone, there are a few different ways on “how to stop sharing location without them knowing” which are as below:
- Turn off location services for the specific app that you’re sharing your location with:
- Go to Settings > Privacy > Location Services and find the app.
- Then, you can either turn off location services for that app entirely or choose to only allow it to access your location when you’re using the app.
- Turn off sharing for specific people:
- Go to Settings > Privacy > Location Services > Share My Location.
- Select the people who you want to stop sharing your location with.
- Use Do Not Disturb mode to stop sharing your location:
When Do Not Disturb mode is enabled, all of your incoming calls and texts will be silenced, and your phone will not share your location with anyone. And you can simply enable that by going to Settings > Do Not Disturb and toggle it on. Be careful to disconnect your WiFi connection, too.
How to stop sharing location without them knowing on Android?
If you’re using an Android device and like to learn how to stop sharing location without notifying, there are two ways you can use them.
The first way:
- Simply, open the Settings app on your device and tap on the ‘Location’ option.
- Then, find the ‘Sharing location’ section and tap on the person you want to stop sharing your location with.
- Finally, tap on the ‘Stop sharing’ option.
The second way:
- Opening the Settings app and tapping on the ‘Security & privacy’ option.
- Then, find the ‘Location’ section and toggle off the ‘Location data’ option.
How to control how someone else can see your location?
There are different ways to control how someone else can see your location, and I will talk about the best of them here.
- Turning off location Sharing:
The first way is by going to your settings and turning off location sharing for that person and preventing others from being able to see your location at all.
- Use a Geofence:
Also, you can set up a “geofence”. This virtual fence could be set around your home, work, or any other location and enable you to share your location with only people who are inside the fence.
- Share your location with specific people at a special time:
You can also share your location with only certain people at certain times. For example, you could share it with your family during the day, but not at night, or with your friends on weekends, but not during the week.
- How to tell If someone stopped sharing location?
Go to Find My application> choose the People tab> search for the person in the list of people who have shared their location and if his name was not there, that person has stopped sharing their location.
- Is iPhone Location tracking accurate?
The answer to this question would vary based on where you are and how strong or weak the GPS signals are.
- Can you fake your location on Find My iPhone
While the Apple company officially does not support it, some people use third-party apps and take this risk.
- Can someone still see your location on Airplane mode
The answer is yes if you have an active connected Wi-Fi connection.
- Can Your Phone Be Tracked If Location Services Is off?
In this case, tracking is harder, but not completely impossible, you can use more professional ways such as cell phone tower information, or public wi-fi providers snatching your MAC address.
Previously, we talked about all details of sharing locations whether on iPhone or Android on iMessage or any other app and taught you how to stop sharing location without them knowing. But if you have any other questions not answered yet, you can share them in the comments and we will try to find the best answer for you.