Instagram is a popular social media but it doesn’t mean that everybody will love it forever. You’re here because you want to learn how to delete your Instagram account. Maybe because you are sick of perfect pictures of luxurious vacations or you don’t want to put up with disgusting things some Instagram vloggers do, anymore.No matter what’s your reason the good news is Instagram allows users to get rid of a very account forever.
In this article, you’re going to learn how to delete Instagram account permanently but before that, you need to know that all your data will be deleted such as your search history, your followers, your followings, your saved messages, and all your contacts. Before you learn how to delete an Instagram account you should know the “Why” first.
Whatever you do on Instagram will be saved in a data center and Instagram will share that to third-party companies so they put you in the best possible place for their sales funnel. Despite all the popularity Instagram has gained over the years there is still some certain stuff that is still vague.
So that’s why it is important to know the answer to the question “how to delete Instagram account“
How to delete Instagram account on PC
If you are ready to delete your Instagram account for good, follow the steps below to get started.
Always remember you can choose to deactivate your account for a short period of time instead of deleting it, but if you are sure, then go on.
- Go to the Instagram deletion page. Click Here
- Once you’re on this page click on the drop-down and choose the best answer
- Now you must enter your password
- Then click on the red box “permanently delete my account”
How to delete Instagram account on android and iPhone
The process to delete an Instagram account on smartphones differs a bit, that’s why in this section I brought you the exact steps to follow in order to delete your Instagram on android and iPhone.
- Go to your account
- Click on your profile picture
- on the top right menu click on the three lines
- now go to settings
- click on help and tap “help center”
- choose a browser
- Select “managing your account”
- click on “delete your account”
- go to “how do I delete my account”
- Now choose “delete your account page”
- Login to your account through the browser
- Select your reason for deleting your account on the drop-down menu
- Enter your password again and select “permanently delete my account “
- tap “ok”
What’s the difference between account deletion and deactivation?
Sometimes you don’t wanna say bye for good instead you want to take a break for a while. In this situation Instagram allows users to deactivate accounts so they can come back to it whenever they want to. The difference is all your history and data and posts will be saved but instead, your account goes to a temporary Hibernation. You can activate your account whenever you want to.
Your comments, photos, profile, and videos will be hidden while your account is deactivated and as soon as you reactivate it, it will all show up again.