Forecasts of the Global IT Industry for 2023
In 2023, the steady growth of the IT industry will continue. This is evidenced by the results of research by the analytical company IDC. In October of this year, IDC published forecasts for the development of the global IT industry for 2023 and beyond.
Analysts presented a list of ten predictions for improving customer experience. In the future, experts believe, to ensure business sustainability, enterprises will have to go beyond the usual interaction with customers at the level of basic operations.
10 Predictions for Using IT for Better Customer Experience
- Prediction 1. By 2027, a quarter of global brands will abandon the Customer Satisfaction Index (CSAT) as a tool for assessing the quality of service and switch to the Consumer Effort Index (CES), which shows how much effort a customer needs to expend to solve their problem. Learn more about software development by clicking here: https://devoxsoftware.com/custom-software-development-in-new-york/.
- Prediction 2: By 2024, 50% of the world’s top 2000 public companies (Global 2000) will use customer data platforms (CDPs) as an enterprise service to interact with customers in real time, increasing revenue by approximately 5%.
- Prediction 3: To increase loyalty and improve competitiveness, 64% of the Global 2000 companies and tech companies will own online communities by 2027, and the integration of core IT applications will provide a new level of collaboration and results in analysis.
- Prediction 4: By 2026, 40% of the Global 2000 companies will incorporate employee experience (EX) initiatives into their key strategies to improve business processes.
- Prediction 5: The adoption of Web3 technologies will force 45% of global brands to create new immersive experiences, accessible content, and engaged communities, and by 2024 the volume of the CX segment will grow to $300 billion.
- Prediction 6: By 2026, 45% of the Global 2000 companies will use artificial intelligence and machine learning technologies to engage customers in unfamiliar and new experiences, which will drive sales.
- Prediction 7: By 2024, at least 30% of organizations will introduce new performance metrics to track and measure internal and external customer value.
- Prediction 8: By 2025, 50% of the corporate clients of the Global 2000 companies will choose a CX platform provider based on information about the effectiveness of the services provided in terms of ensuring success.
- Prediction 9: By 2024, 30% of organizations will be forced to strengthen their data governance and privacy measures to reduce the risk of partner-caused data breaches, which cost an average of $4.6 million per cyber incident.
- Prediction 10: By 2026, 40% of the Global 2000 companies will create safe communities to reinforce interpersonal barriers for future metaverse platforms.
5 Strategic IT trends for 2023
The survey showed that environmental and social change is now the top priority for investors after profits and earnings. This means that business leaders should invest more in innovative products designed to meet the demand for ESG (environmental, social and corporate governance) solutions to achieve sustainable development goals. We are talking about the introduction of analytics and artificial intelligence (AI), the use of renewable energy sources, etc.
Analysts talk about the need to develop the concept of the metaverse – a virtual space in which users can interact with each other through their avatars. By 2027, Gartner predicts that more than 40% of large organizations worldwide will use a combination of Web3, augmented reality clouds, and digital twins in Metaverse-based projects to increase revenue.
Such solutions combine the capabilities of a traditional application, platform, and ecosystem. Super Apps not only have their own set of features but also provide a platform for third-party developers to develop and publish their own mini-apps. A super application can combine and replace several conventional software tools.
Artificial intelligence systems with adaptive functions are focused on the constant retraining of models based on incoming data. This allows you to quickly adapt to changes in real-world conditions that were not foreseen or were not available during initial development. Real-time feedback is applied for dynamic learning and goal adjustment.
Digital Immune System
Digital Immunity combines operations analysis, automated testing, automated incident resolution, software development within IT operations, and supply chain security. This approach helps to reduce risks and increase customer satisfaction, thus increasing revenue.
IT remains an attractive field that offers jobs and long-term investment in specialists. At the same time, the global trend shows that the industry is growing and will continue to increase volumes.