Everything about TikTok in 2023
By wandering on TikTok you’ll see a lot of lip-syncing videos set to some music or dancing videos that get you attracted, and you may spend a lot of time watching the videos without noticing.
If you are giving a shot to TikTok, you should know more about it by reading the following:
- What is TikTok?
- Who owns TikTok?
- How does TikTok work?
- How to get famous on TikTok in 2020?
- How to download TikTok videos?
- How to go live on TikTok?
- How to change your username on TikTok?
- How to delete the TikTok account?
What is TikTok?
Do you remember Vine? TikTok kind of looks like that except for its new features. TikTok is just like other social media platforms that has the following, follower, like, comment, etc. options. Also, it is easy to share videos on other platforms.
TikTok is known as Douyin in China, and users can share 15-second videos of themselves doing anything! Filters, music, and animations are all part of the acts.
The app is relatively new in the U.S and was known as “Musically” before getting merged and becoming TikTok in August 2018.
Now TikTok has been downloaded over 1.5 Billion times with 400 million monthly active users, %60 of active users in the U.S are between 16 to 24.
There are a lot of teenagers on TikTok, and it is a place that not a lot of older people can be found. You can also see some weird videos on TikTok, which can’t be found on any other platforms. So, it is counted as one of the reasons that people spend a lot of time on TikTok.
Maybe TikTok users are right! Being on TikTok keeps them away from politics on Facebook and modeling, and advertisements on Instagram!
Now guess which app allocated the most downloaded app in 2018?! TikTok was downloaded 660 million times in 2018 and became the most downloaded an
r on both App Store and Google Play, which has definitely shocked Instagram, Facebook, and YouTube.
So, it might be a good idea to promote a business on TikTok.
Who owns TikTok?
TikTok is owned by ByteDance, a Beijing-based company founded in 2012 by Zhang Yiming. ByteDance first launched Douyin for the Chinese market in September 2016.
In November 2017, TikTok’s parent company, ByteDance, spent up to $1 billion to purchase Musical.ly, Now the app is popular in Asia, the United States, and other parts of the world.
How does TikTok work?
Posting videos on TikTok is easy as A, B, C. So, do the following to share videos on the platform:
1.Tap on the center tab to enter the camera mode. Then on the right side of the screen, you’ll see some options that include Speed, Beauty, Filters, Timer, and Flash.
- TikTok’s Speed option
It lets you record the slow-motion or speed up videos.
- TikTok’s Beauty option
It is a useful AR filter that smooths the skin and hides blemishes.
- TikTok’s Filter option
It allows you to change the color.
- TikTok’s Timer option
It is a good option for setting an auto-record countdown.
- TikTok’s Flash option
It activates the camera’s flash.
2. Also, on top of the screen, you’ll see the “Add a sound” option. Tap on it to choose the sound effect that you want to work with.
3. On the bottom of the camera, there is the “Effects” option, which provides a lot of AR filters and effects.
4. As soon as you are ready, press and hold the red record button. TikTok videos can be recorded both all at once or in pieces.
5. Once you are done with recording the video, you still have the option to add a musical overlay, filters, any effects, or stickers.
6. Now, press “Next” to be directed to a page similar to Instagram, where you can add captions, hashtags, etc.
On the other hand, if you are not ready to share the post yet, tap on the “Drafts” to save it for another time.
How to get famous on TikTok in 2020?
Well, TikTok is not as old as other popular social media platforms such as Instagram and Facebook, but it is definitely as popular as them. That’s why TikTok users are looking for ways to become famous on the platform, and glow among others.
Actually, there are two different methods for getting famous on TikTok that are both recommended if you follow both of them at the same time.
- Growing organically (Needs a lot of time and energy)
- Growing by a TikTok bot (It’s fast and secure)
For growing your TikTok account organically, you should:
- Develop a niche
- Record videos in unique locations
- Be creative and use different filters each time
- Participate in popular challenges
- Go live to attract followers
- Use trending hashtags
- Collaborate with your friends
- Leave comments on popular user’s videos
- Share the videos on other social media platforms
- Be consistent and post regularly
- Follow users and like their posts
- Create an attractive profile
- Partner with popular TikTok users
On the other hand, you can grow your TikTok account by using a bot:
One of the easiest and most recommended ways for getting real followers is using a TikTok bot, such as Instazood. It lets users add target hashtags, tags, etc.
Using a TikTok bot, along with the manual actions, will grow your TikTok account and helps users to get famous on TikTok in a short time.
Instazood gets you real TikTok followers, provides like and comment services, and lets you target your audience by hashtags, tags, etc.
It provides all the TikTok bot services at a very affordable price, which is $15 a month. So, try its 3-day free trial today to watch your account’s growth every day.
How to download TikTok videos?
Sometimes you may find TikTok videos so interesting that you look for ways to download the videos. Follow me to get the answer:
The easiest way to download TikTok videos:
- Find the video that you are going to download
- Just press and hold in the middle of the screen, then select “Save Video.”
It is all done!
Also, there is another way of saving a TikTok video:
- First of all, find the target video
- Tap on the “Share” icon
- Now, tap on the “Save video” in the second row, then the video will be saved.
Moreover, there are some “TikTok video downloader” websites out there that you might find useful as well.
How to go live on TikTok?
Unlike Instagram, which doesn’t have any follower limitations for going live, TikTok only lets users who have at least 1000 followers to go live on the platform.
If you are over 18 and go live, you can get “virtual gifts” by people who view your Livestream. Then you can turn the digital currency into real cash!
- Open the TikTok app and tap on the plus sign at the bottom center of the page.
- Now, tap on “live,” which is next to the “record” option.
- Then enter a title for the Livestream.
- Finally, select “Go Live” to start.
How to change your username on TikTok?
As we mentioned earlier, choosing an attractive and memorable username plays an important role in getting famous on TikTok. So, don’t worry if you didn’t choose the best one when you were creating the account. Now you can change your TikTok’s username and replace it with the more attractive one.
Note: TikTok lets users change their username every 30 days.
- Open the TikTok app and go to your profile page
- Tap on the menu icon and select “Edit Profile.”
- Then tap on “Your profile name” to change your username.
- Finally, tap on “Save,” and you are all done!
How to delete the TikTok account?
If you don’t find TikTok interesting anymore, you can easily delete your account, but you should keep in mind that once the account is deleted, there is no way to recover it.
Also, if you are not sure about being active on Instagram or TikTok, it is better to get more information about them. Here is Instagram vs. TikTok.
- Go to your profile tab and tap on “Setting.”
- Tap on “Manage My Account”
- Then choose “Delete Account.”
After deleting the TikTok account:
- You won’t have access to your shared videos.
- You’ll lose the purchased items, and there is no refund.
- The chat messages may still be visible to others.
The last word
Since the day TikTok was released, it has got a lot of fans and people who like spending time on the platform; meaning that it could be one of the best platforms for getting popular by using smart strategies such as taking some actions manually or using a TikTok bot such as Instazood.
What do you think about TikTok? And What are your predictions about TikTok in the coming years? Please share your ideas with us; we are all ears!