You might have heard the name of consumer non-durables. But what are they exactly? How are they produced? What are the main differences in comparing durable vs non durable goods? If you are looking for the best paying jobs in consumer non-durables, first you should find the answer to the above questions. So, keep reading and learn more about the details of working in the non durable goods field and related items to it.
What Are Consumer Non-Durables?
Before I start introducing the best paying jobs in consumer non-durables, let me talk a bit about the meaning of non durable goods. In general, when you hear the term non-durable consumer goods, it refers to products with a short lifespan, usually less than 3 years, such as food, medicine, or personal care products. The other point about these products is that they have a shorter production cycle in comparison to durable goods. To know more about the details of this field careers, like how many jobs are available in consumer non-durables, go on.
10 best paying jobs in consumer non-durables 2022
Now, that you know what we mean when we say consumer non-durables, let’s find the top ten best paying jobs in consumer non-durables.
- The first option I want to mention here is to work in the drug production department, where you can find highly paid jobs in the field of non durable goods and earn an average of $85,000 a year.
- Also, you can choose to work in the beauty and cosmetics section with an average salary of $51,000 a year. Also, I have to mention that financial experts believe that this industry will grow by 4% in the next decade.
- This point is what will come first to your mind when we talk about non durable goods, food, and beverage companies. If you like to work in this field, you should work in the process of converting raw ingredients into food, and you will earn an average of $65,000 a year.
- Here, I have to add production of agricultural equipment would be another great option for those who like to find the best paying jobs in consumer non-durables. If you want to know about the salary of working for these companies, I have to mention that they usually offer competitive salaries and great benefits.
- What about the shoe manufacturing section? While most of the time these companies pay less than others, many people choose this sector because it offers good stability and security.
- Also, you can choose to work as a fellow in a home and furnishing company. As you know, during previous years people showed great demand for these products, so now this company is one of the highest paying industries.
- Among other best paying jobs in consumer non-durables, I can mention the paper manufacturing sector. If you choose to work in this great career in consumer non-durables, you can earn an average of $73,000 in a year.
- Luxury goods are the next option I want to introduce here. As you know, there are many companies that produce clothing, jewelry, and high-end electronics and offer them with a hefty price tag, which makes it obvious that working in companies that produce these non durable goods is among the best paying jobs.
- Also, you can work as a truck driver, shipping and receiving clerk, and warehouse worker in any of the above companies and earn about $21.57 an hour.
- Or you can work in the finance and insurance section of these companies as a financial analyst, loan officer, or insurance underwriter with an average $38.92 salary an hour.
The qualifications for best paying jobs in consumer non-durables
Like all other jobs, if you are interested in consumer non-durables jobs, you need to have some special skills, like:
- Well understanding of customer interests and behavior
- Great management skills to do everything in order and not forget anything
- Be creative and have new ideas about products, packaging, or marketing.
- Also, to be successful in creating marketing campaigns, you need to have perfect communication skills.
How many jobs are available in consumer non-durables
Above, I talked about the best jobs related to producing non durable goods and other jobs related to this field. But if I want to mention them again, I can categorize them into 5 categories:
- Food and beverage production
- Cosmetic industry
- Apparel manufacturing
- Footwear companies
But if you think, still you need to know more about the details of these jobs, like what companies are in the consumer non-durables field, or what do consumer non-durables jobs pay, read the paragraphs below.
what companies are in the consumer non-durables field
As we read until here, consumer non-durables companies are those that produce and sell fast-moving consumer goods, which are called non durable goods. Now, if you are wondering what companies are in the consumer non-durables field, the below list are some of the most popular ones.
- Procter & Gamble (household staples company)
- Diageo (alcoholic beverages company)
- Columbia Sportswear Company (COLM) (American outdoor clothing and footwear retailer)
- PepsiCo (food and beverage company)
- L’Oreal (cosmetic company)
- Nike (show company)
what do consumer non-durables jobs pay
Above here, I talked about some of the best paying jobs in consumer non-durables, where you can earn more than $ 53,000 in a year, which is higher than the average annual salary. But based on the latest report of Salary.com, the average salary of jobs for unsustainable consumers is about $ 34,000, which is counted among the low-paying jobs.
Is consumer non-durables a good career path?
The answer to this question might differ from person to person because everybody has their own interests, skills, goals, and so on. The only point that I can mention here is about the pros and cons of this job to help you make the best decision.
Pros of consumer non-durables jobs:
- An opportunity to work for some of the world’s famous brands
- Great career advancement opportunities
- Various kinds of jobs from producing non durable goods to managing marketing campaigns
Cons of consumer non-durables jobs:
- Continuous shifts in consumer trends
- Pressure to deliver results in a very tight margin
Durable vs non durable goods
Previously, I answered all your questions about consumer non-durables jobs, like is consumer non-durables a good career path, how many jobs are available in consumer non-durables, and what do consumer non-durables jobs pay. Now, as the final point, I want to make a quick comparison of durable vs non durable goods.
- Non-durable goods are usually used once, and then you should throw them away, but you can use a durable good for a long time, normally more than three years.
- Mostly, non-durable goods are less valuable than durable ones.
If you are searching for the best paying jobs in consumer non-durables, but you are still doubtful is consumer non-durables a good career path, it means you know more about this field, so I suggest you read the above text and learn more about the details of this field like how many jobs are available in consumer non-durables, and what do consumer non-durables jobs pay. But generally speaking, if you are among creative people, who have good social communication skills and like to work with popular companies like Coca-Cola or Nike, this case can be a good career for you.